Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Corvette C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-07, 07:14 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Corvette C6 Z06

I don't know if this was posted previously but check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSen...elated&search=
Old 09-01-07, 12:27 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gallardo exhaust
Old 09-01-07, 12:42 PM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

wow, kinda suprised the z06 was able to pull on it so quick!! Then again, no im not the new z06 is a f*&kin beast, in terms of raw HP, wonder how it would do on the track

The gallardo's roar is still insane, love the sound note on all those Euro Supercars
Old 09-01-07, 01:27 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yea this is very old video. The Z06 can beat a quite a few exotics on straight line speed. Heres another video against a Gallardo SE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSI2PKvRMJg

Edit: In the first video you can hear the Lambo upshift about 2-3 gears even before the Vette upshifts one. Very short gearing.
Old 09-01-07, 10:26 PM
MCG33
Pole Position

Here is a pretty good video I found of a Z06 trying to chase down a Porsche on the track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAZ3gSpXvc

But could someone answer something for me? If you watch it, half the time the guy is shifting via the shifter and other times it seems like he is shifting without taking his hands off the wheel. Do the Corvettes have paddle shifting as well as manual shifting, or am I crazy and nothing out of the ordinary is going on? I've watched it a couple times and keep scratching my head.
Old 09-01-07, 10:34 PM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MCG33
Here is a pretty good video I found of a Z06 trying to chase down a Porsche on the track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AAZ3gSpXvc

But could someone answer something for me? If you watch it, half the time the guy is shifting via the shifter and other times it seems like he is shifting without taking his hands off the wheel. Do the Corvettes have paddle shifting as well as manual shifting, or am I crazy and nothing out of the ordinary is going on? I've watched it a couple times and keep scratching my head.
i was asking myself the same question.

i don't know too much about chevy's, but the c6 zo6 seems very nice
Old 09-01-07, 11:33 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

The C6 Z06 will definately edge out the Gallardo on the circuit track or the drag strip.

As far as the first video, I have a feeling the Z06 probably started on a wrong gear, because I highly doubt the Gallardo would pull it from any roll, even though it just pulled it for a second. Either way, the Z06 easily pulled on him (won).

I love both cars; the C6 Z06 is an amazing super car with unbeatable value/bang for buck. The Gallardo is an amazing exotic with super car performance.

Old 09-01-07, 11:43 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

I have two dvds with exotics and domestics racing. From what Ive seen in the vids is that the gallardo always gets out quicker but once it hits its 3rd gear the Z06 takes over and always beats the gallardo.
Old 09-02-07, 07:36 AM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MCG33

thats simply one loud a$$ porsche you hear
Old 09-02-07, 01:32 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll take a c6 Z06 over any supercar on planet earth! I love it.
Old 09-02-07, 05:10 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Z06 is nice but is too much like the standard vette for my taste. But if someone could swing the Lambo would they really choose a Chevy over one? Perhaps likely would own both and drive the Lambo and just park the Z06 and tell others ,"yeah I have one of those also." Ferrari>Porsche TT>Lambo>AMG>M>Z06
Old 09-02-07, 05:35 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

$15k slaps a twin turbo on that Gallardo... fun video.
Old 09-03-07, 02:09 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Z06 is nice but is too much like the standard vette for my taste. But if someone could swing the Lambo would they really choose a Chevy over one? Perhaps likely would own both and drive the Lambo and just park the Z06 and tell others ,"yeah I have one of those also." Ferrari>Porsche TT>Lambo>AMG>M>Z06
I have to agree that I'd definitely take a Lambo over any Corvette. I own a base C6 and it's a wonderful car, but it's no exotic. I dream of owning a Lambo one day, but the C6 isn't a bad car to be driving one year out of college

BMW Ms, Porsche TTs and AMGs (except maybe the SL65, CL65 and S65s) aren't exotics either though. I'd take a Z06 over any of them. The Z06 looks better (of course, that's very subjective) than any AMG (again, except maybe the SL), Porsche (the Cayman is close though, but I'm not a fan of the 911's humpback styling) and definitely much better than any Bangleized BMW, and it performs better than any of the aforementioned cars as well. If this weekend is any indication, ladies love the Vette too
Old 09-03-07, 07:14 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
I have to agree that I'd definitely take a Lambo over any Corvette. I own a base C6 and it's a wonderful car, but it's no exotic. I dream of owning a Lambo one day, but the C6 isn't a bad car to be driving one year out of college

BMW Ms, Porsche TTs and AMGs (except maybe the SL65, CL65 and S65s) aren't exotics either though. I'd take a Z06 over any of them. The Z06 looks better (of course, that's very subjective) than any AMG (again, except maybe the SL), Porsche (the Cayman is close though, but I'm not a fan of the 911's humpback styling) and definitely much better than any Bangleized BMW, and it performs better than any of the aforementioned cars as well. If this weekend is any indication, ladies love the Vette too
Oh it does perform better than the above mentioned cars including the More expensive SL65 AMG.. Let us take a look at the C6 zo6 in action against this car.... Listen to that exhaust note on the Vette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tQU...elated&search=
Old 09-03-07, 10:13 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could swear I heard some sort of blowoff valve on the Gallardo.

The Z06 will beat almost any exotic car out there both in a straight line and road racing. Before anyone says anything about it being 'cheap' - what do you expect with that kind of performance for that little amount of money? Let's not forget that the cost of maintenance along on that Lambo in the first 15k miles would probably equal the cost of maintenance on that Z06 for the first 150k miles.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Corvette C6 Z06