Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mazda Launches Fully Redesigned Atenza (Mazda6) - Page 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 09:47 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marshmallo
I woudn't buy it either cause it's based on a Ford (Mondeo).

i think that's a very bad bias because the european Ford Mondeo has been a consistent recipient of much praise from journalists who ADORE the Mondeo's amazing chassis.
Old 09-07-07, 09:52 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

That's a great looking car!! Yes the taillights do kinda look like the new Sebring's but the Mazda seems to pull it off a lot better. I'm sure the car won't look as hot when you buy the base model with those 14 steelies and hubcaps though.
Old 09-07-07, 09:56 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
i think that's a very bad bias because the european Ford Mondeo has been a consistent recipient of much praise from journalists who ADORE the Mondeo's amazing chassis.
I have to agree, sure the mondeo even in ST trim isnt a track car but for what it is, its great. Its one of the best selling cars in the UK, like the Camry is here.
Old 09-07-07, 10:07 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! I applaud Mazda for taking more risks with their designs vs. the vanilla designs of Accord, Camry and every other midsize sedan. That is one sharp looking vehicle. I just hope they upgrade that shatty 3.0L V6.
Old 09-08-07, 06:47 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm i wonder how reliability will be

when this comes out to showrooms i gotta check it out
its at the top of my list in looks lol
Old 09-08-07, 12:02 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry guys but this car aint comin' here.... In Car and Driver, they said that once again we get snubbed. The U.S. car is going to look bigger and wider because americans like "bigger-looking" cars. It's on their website. I was even claiming this as my next car too. I hope that the American Version doesn't stray too far from this though or maybe Mazda just bring this one over as the 6 and make a mazda 8 for bigger car buyers. I also hope the Duratec V6 is dc'd in favor for a Mazda engine. I have the Duratec in my MPV. While it sounds sporty, it sounds absolutely thrashy when pushed.
Old 09-08-07, 12:44 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

dang thats a nice car
Old 09-08-07, 05:32 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Looks nice (except the sebring back end)
Old 09-08-07, 06:21 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Sorry guys but this car aint comin' here.... In Car and Driver, they said that once again we get snubbed. The U.S. car is going to look bigger and wider because americans like "bigger-looking" cars. It's on their website...
Unbelievable, if true.

The marketing departments have always been way off on what America "wants". Funny how we all drool over cars only available elsewhere and wish they were sold here. Instead, we get cars like Pontiacs and Buicks made by American companies that Americans don't want.

Why do they think that all we want is BIG cars?? Honda and Toyota sells a million Civics and Corollas a year in the US but all we want is big cars.

BTW, I'm loving this new 6 too. It makes the 2008 Accord look lacking.
Old 09-08-07, 08:29 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Unbelievable, if true.

The marketing departments have always been way off on what America "wants". Funny how we all drool over cars only available elsewhere and wish they were sold here. Instead, we get cars like Pontiacs and Buicks made by American companies that Americans don't want.

Why do they think that all we want is BIG cars?? Honda and Toyota sells a million Civics and Corollas a year in the US but all we want is big cars.

BTW, I'm loving this new 6 too. It makes the 2008 Accord look lacking.
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...9-mazda-6.html

Here is the link. What an automotive equivalent to blue B@ll$ Just like the new MPV what a sweet van (I actually like Vans over Pretentious SUV's) that got replaced HERE by the weak-selling CX-9 (An "SUV") The new mazda MPV has airplane like seats in the middle row with leg rests and has a turbo MAZDA engine. I hope Ford realizes they are killing they're only good brand for the masses. WHat focus groups have they been speaking with??? Midwesterners (no Offense if you are from the midwest LOL )...

Last edited by Joelseff; 09-08-07 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-08-07, 10:18 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Yup, it's true, though spy pics I've seen show the US 6 to just have a few inches in the rear door, which this car could use, I guess.
Old 09-09-07, 07:52 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joelseff
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...9-mazda-6.html

Here is the link.

I hope Ford realizes they are killing they're only good brand for the masses. WHat focus groups have they been speaking with??? Midwesterners (no Offense if you are from the midwest LOL )...
Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
From the spy shots I did not expect it to look this good. Nice job all around Mazda!
I guess that explains it!
Old 09-09-07, 09:40 AM
ShoFly
Rookie

Well after seeing this car as I think it's beautiful I went to Mazda forums to see what they have to say or if any more info.

A lot of people are dismissing a lot of what C&D have had to say. Not saying it's not completely false but a lot of people on the Mazda forums are doubting C&D as they've apparently already got the engine displacement wrong.

Well but mostly all speculation as of now but I'm eager to see what we'll get in the u.s.

btw I've been keeping an eye here http://forum.mazda6club.com/ to see if they have any more updates. Unfortunately you need to register to view the forums containing all the info dealing with th new 6.
Old 09-09-07, 08:29 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

It looks very nice, I would like to see a higher performance coupe version, interior is decent but not as nice as the exterior, looks very European.
Old 09-09-07, 08:33 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks great! I drove a current 6 while the Fusion sat at the shop and though they share the basic drivetrain the 6 was a much better ride ,feel, and overall sportier and nicer car vs the Fusion. This one looks fantastic.

Quick Reply: Mazda Launches Fully Redesigned Atenza (Mazda6) - Page 5