Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM dealers tamper with customer satisfaction surveys

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-07, 04:49 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
ehm, it is not up to dealers or manufacturers, it depends on the survey... dealers are not the ones making the rules.
"Individual dealerships, in some cases, though CAN send out surveys where they DO make the rules. Dealership owners and General Managers often use these survey results to determine the effectiveness of the jobs that department managers and employees are doing at the dealership.....and whether to retain them or let them go. And, believe me.....people are often fired or laid off at dealerships; it is very common."

These are the type I was specifically referring to - Surveys from the dealership of a specific brand. I've also had one or two phone surveys regarding the dealership experience, again from a third party making the call.
Old 09-10-07, 05:16 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomZX
How did they tamper with it?

I remember a Toyota salesperson asking my dad to bring him the survey for a free gift. That's considered tampering isn't it?
That will get you in SUPER BIG trouble with Toyota. Toyota now has a rolling 3 strike rule. Tampering with, coaching, or bribing for a survey is serious business now. The sales man is not allowed to talk to the customer about the survey. If the dealer is corporately owned, some of them will send out a survey as well. The survey process is not perfect, I have customers come in and demand free stuff or they'll "trash" us on the survey. A lot of times we cave in. I have seen a bad survey from a customer that was "missing his cargo net", after looking at the invoice on the car. It did NOT come with a net. We appealed it with Toyota but it was turned down. I can understand why dealers would try to "fix" the system, It's hard to stay "Green", I think you haft to bent the rules some times to make it work.