Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Game: Guess My New Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 04:37 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman
Also, we picked up the vehicle tonight after having some dealer-installed accessories installed. It looks great, but will be much more presentable after I detail it on Saturday. That's when I'll post pics and reveal its identity!
Dealer installed accessories?

I'm changing my vote to one of the Scions....
Old 09-19-07, 04:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

- Saab 9-2X (until I found out it was discontinued),

Surprised you would consider the 9-2X..it is just a slightly reworked Impreza....and would be a little small for 4 people despite a marginally usable rear seat. And you are correct....Saab has discontinued it because of poor sales. There was little reason to buy the car at a Saab dealership when you could purchase the same car at a Subaru shop with technicians who were more familiar with the workings of it.
Old 09-19-07, 06:18 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scion xB would be my guess now.
Perfect for a DJ and alot more pep than than the original.
Old 09-19-07, 07:05 AM
LexFather

Scion would be a good choice. Cheap payments, pay it off then buy your LS 600 in a couple years!

Old 09-19-07, 08:45 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

from a CL to an xB. not likely.

I say Q7. I'm just trying to think of dealer-installed accessories for that car...damn now im stuck.
Old 09-19-07, 08:47 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

accessories as in roof rack and stuff?
hmmm
we need a bit more hints before revealing pls
lol i want to get this right
Old 09-19-07, 09:04 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by miniround
from a CL to an xB. not likely.

I say Q7. I'm just trying to think of dealer-installed accessories for that car...damn now im stuck.
He is trying to get an LS600hL which are big money. It's an Acura CL not an MB CL, that threw me off at first too.
Old 09-19-07, 09:07 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh whoops. i say audi A3. haha
Old 09-19-07, 10:28 AM
ryansong
Pole Position

honda element sc!!!
or just a normal element

otherwise i say cayenne turbo
Old 09-19-07, 11:36 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Okay, let me keep narrowing it down.

- RL (my wife really likes the looks, it has a great interior, it's got AWD, packed with features, deals up the wazoo because they're not selling)
- TL-S (OFF THE LIST- not crazy about the looks, not much cheaper than an RL, cozy inside, not sure if it would take the DJ equipment)
- RDX (sporty-looking for an SUV, lots of features, performs well, spacious inside)
- MDX (OFF THE LIST- we would have bought one a few months ago except for the awful monster grill, and we still couldn't get over it)
- Q7 (OFF THE LIST- attractive interior but schizophrenic exterior, also still turned off by Audi's attitude when I was looking at the S8)
- RX400h (rock-solid build quality, comfortable, easy to drive, roomy, good gas mileage)
- IS250AWD (OFF THE LIST- my wife and I both like the looks, but it would be really hard to drop to the bottom of the Lexus lineup after coming so close to the top)
- CX-7 (OFF THE LIST- I just remembered too many of my recent Mazda rental cars having plasticky interiors, loud engines, and unsatisfying performance)
- Cayenne Turbo (OFF THE LIST- just too much power for an au pair, and I couldn't bring myself to get a lesser trim level)
- 9-7X (OFF THE LIST- looked pretty good until I found out it was just a rebadged Tahoe)
- xB (still quirky but now more mainstream, awesome customization, decent performance, Toyota build quality, DJ "cred")
- xD (OFF THE LIST- tempting price, but just a little TOO bare-bones and small)
- Subarus (OFF THE LIST- I just couldn't figure out the differences between all their models--they all seemed pretty much the same)
- XC70, XC90, V70 (OFF THE LIST- lackluster performance, staid styling, Ford management, 'nuf said)

So now it's down to the RL, RDX, RX400h, and xB. Should I post a poll?
Old 09-19-07, 12:12 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I still don't know the answer, so let me guess.

Audi A6/S6
Old 09-19-07, 12:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Okay, let me keep narrowing it down.

- RL (my wife really likes the looks, it has a great interior, it's got AWD, packed with features, deals up the wazoo because they're not selling)
- TL-S (OFF THE LIST- not crazy about the looks, not much cheaper than an RL, cozy inside, not sure if it would take the DJ equipment)
- RDX (sporty-looking for an SUV, lots of features, performs well, spacious inside)
- MDX (OFF THE LIST- we would have bought one a few months ago except for the awful monster grill, and we still couldn't get over it)
- Q7 (OFF THE LIST- attractive interior but schizophrenic exterior, also still turned off by Audi's attitude when I was looking at the S8)
- RX400h (rock-solid build quality, comfortable, easy to drive, roomy, good gas mileage)
- IS250AWD (OFF THE LIST- my wife and I both like the looks, but it would be really hard to drop to the bottom of the Lexus lineup after coming so close to the top)
- CX-7 (OFF THE LIST- I just remembered too many of my recent Mazda rental cars having plasticky interiors, loud engines, and unsatisfying performance)
- Cayenne Turbo (OFF THE LIST- just too much power for an au pair, and I couldn't bring myself to get a lesser trim level)
- 9-7X (OFF THE LIST- looked pretty good until I found out it was just a rebadged Tahoe)
- xB (still quirky but now more mainstream, awesome customization, decent performance, Toyota build quality, DJ "cred")
- xD (OFF THE LIST- tempting price, but just a little TOO bare-bones and small)
- Subarus (OFF THE LIST- I just couldn't figure out the differences between all their models--they all seemed pretty much the same)
- XC70, XC90, V70 (OFF THE LIST- lackluster performance, staid styling, Ford management, 'nuf said)

So now it's down to the RL, RDX, RX400h, and xB. Should I post a poll?
Well, the RDX easily is the most driver-centered of these four vehicles....and reasonably priced. I know.....I've driven it and given it a mini-review, so it will get my vote.

The new RL is a superb car overall, but quite expensive as an interim vehicle while waiting for an LS600H. Ditto for the RX400H...another expensive vehicle, and I just can't see you in an xB, even with a TRD supercharger on it.
Old 09-19-07, 12:54 PM
Koma

My vote still stands for xB. Highly customizable, great for moving things around, got plenty of pep and has a huge aftermarket available for it to give it more go. It's really into the tuner crowd so you'll get more street cred if you roll up to a gig with a pimped out xB. Toyota reliability. The only thing that throws me off is that you'll be paying alot less for it so it's definitely an econo-car, doesn't show off the cache as a CL does.
Old 09-19-07, 01:41 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

xB, you said dealer installed accessories it just screams Scion.
Old 09-19-07, 02:02 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder and what point people will stop caring...

Quick Reply: Game: Guess My New Vehicle