Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Made for Canada (Lexus of Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-07, 02:48 AM
GUJIGUJI
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God damn it! I want a car from USA too. However, my frd works at bmw dealership told me a while ago, after 1st of Oct. 2007, dealerships are not allow to buy/sell USA imported vehicles in British Columbia as the low imported car price is hurting local used car market? Rather than that, why don't they just lower the MSRP? sigh.....
Old 09-20-07, 06:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

They are not going to decrease the prices in Canada (nor the rest of the world) just because the U.S. dollar is weak. If this trend continues, it's the U.S. car prices that will be increased faster than the rest of the world.
The case of the LS460 prices versus LS430 may be one example. Base price of new LS460 in Canada is increased by only about C$1000 over the base price of the LS430 it replaced, whereas in the U.S., base price of new LS460 is increased by $5000+ over the LS430.

I think it's been the case for a while now that you can buy the same German model with the same specs. in Germany cheaper than in the U.S. because of the weak U.S. dollar conversion . . .
Old 09-20-07, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
They are not going to decrease the prices in Canada (nor the rest of the world) just because the U.S. dollar is weak. If this trend continues, it's the U.S. car prices that will be increased faster than the rest of the world.
The case of the LS460 prices versus LS430 may be one example. Base price of new LS460 in Canada is increased by only about C$1000 over the base price of the LS430 it replaced, whereas in the U.S., base price of new LS460 is increased by $5000+ over the LS430.

I think it's been the case for a while now that you can buy the same German model with the same specs. in Germany cheaper than in the U.S. because of the weak U.S. dollar conversion . . .
ah..... should buy cars here in the US asap then
Old 09-20-07, 10:30 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Yes if it's easy why wouldn't everyone be doing it?
It involves a bit of paperwork (recall letters, title, taxes, DRLs, fed/prov inspections). It's straight-forward, it's just that it's a bit of work.

Originally Posted by VanG35
Hey there guys. Just joined the forums from Vancouver,BC.
My dad owns an LS460, and I own a G35.

My dad actually imported his from the US. We saved about $20,000. We got lucky though because they did not charge us customs even though the car is built in Japan. The only catch to buying from the US is that Lexus will not sell a Canadian a brand new car. Although a dealer in michigan phoned us after we purchased the vehicle saying he found a way to sell us a new car. The car is a 2007 LS460 Verdigris Mica/Alabaster with Nav/ML/APGS/Comfort. It had 3100 miles at purchase. It was tough finding a car with the right options and color, and in the end we had to settle for no comfort plus package. My dad checked to see if any dealers in Vancouver had any demos, and the sales person sorta laughed and said they barely have any new ones for sale, yet alone a demo.

The car so far has been great. We took it for a 3 and a half hour trip to Pentiction and it was excellent. Very quiet and quite fast for its size.
Wow, congrats on your purchase! For those wondering, a LSh is US$108k but Cdn$132k. This is with similar specs (i.e I added the Premium Pack to the base US price).

Btw, there's an LSh at Openroad Lexus Richmond if you wanna take a look.
Old 09-20-07, 10:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer
It involves a bit of paperwork (recall letters, title, taxes, DRLs, fed/prov inspections). It's straight-forward, it's just that it's a bit of work.
Again, it's easier if you only want a used Toyota/Lexus.
Wow, congrats on your purchase! For those wondering, a LSh is US$108k but Cdn$132k. This is with similar specs (i.e I added the Premium Pack to the base US price).
Also, the base LS600hL in Canada does not have the full leather dash(not even over the glove box, whereas even the LS460L exec.package have leather over the glove box), I think all U.S. spec. LS600hL's have full leather dash.

Although I forgot to ask everytime I was in a Lexus dealership, I don't think they mention the APSSS at all for the Canadian LS600hL anywhere, whereas the APSSS is available for U.S. 600hL's. So not sure the Canadian version have that at all ...
Btw, there's an LSh at Openroad Lexus Richmond if you wanna take a look.
It's the Black with gray interior in the showroom right ? There's another one in their back lot this past weekend- a black-on-black.
There's also a black-on-black base 600hL in Open Road Port Moody that's unspoken for - I think it's their allocation.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 09-20-07 at 11:35 AM.