Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 MB C Class - Cheap Interior Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 08:33 PM
RandyG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 MB C Class - Cheap Interior Thread

Might be interesting for the Lexus owners to comment on their opinions of the C Class interior....lots of heated discussion on the MB Board.

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread...=209372&page=3
Old 09-19-07, 08:54 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I went to my local MB dealer today to check out the new C class and I was pretty dissappointed with the interior. I tried really hard to like it, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm seriously considerng the C63 as my next vehicle so I'm hoping the interior of the C will be upgraded, maybe with some carbon fiber or something. If it's just as bland and ugly as the regular C class, I may end up with an RS4.
Old 09-19-07, 08:57 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ramon
I went to my local MB dealer today to check out the new C class and I was pretty dissappointed with the interior. I tried really hard to like it, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm seriously considerng the C63 as my next vehicle so I'm hoping the interior of the C will be upgraded, maybe with some carbon fiber or something. If it's just as bland and ugly as the regular C class, I may end up with an RS4.
The C63 will probably give you a choice of black wood , or carbon fiber trim, and it will have upgraded AMG seats, seeing as my dad's S63 has different seats than that of an S550, and a 200 mph speedo. You also get some AMG letters here and there, and a 200mph speedometer.
Old 09-19-07, 09:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Mercedes and BMW interiors always had this narrow and rigid feeling as Lexus interiors always kept theirs comfy and spacious (in my opinion).

Many family members and friends of mine drive Mercedes and I never liked their interiors one bit. In all of the Lexus interiors I've sat in, I felt much more at home.
Old 09-19-07, 09:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I actually went to the MB ride and drive event in NJ this past Sunday. I can DEFINITELY agree with some of there comments and concerns. And I just posted my short review of the C-class in the TLN thread for a member who asked.

I honestly liked the way the interior was laid out and some of the chrome details throughout the cabin, but the dashboard materials looked and felt like it belonged in a Honda Fit. Its horrible. I did like how simple it was to understand how to use the iDrive **** thingy. Very simple and actually convenient. The screen was very nice as well.

But overall, I didnt get that feeling like I was sitting in a Mercedes at all. Theres usually something about a Mercedes (well atleast some of them) that just makes you feel great inside. I dunno, I guess that MB stigma or whatever you want to call it. I felt none of that. It just felt....cold.
Old 09-19-07, 09:19 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

The interior is alright, but that piece of "extra" dash needs readdressing.

I quite liked the exterior.
Old 09-19-07, 09:21 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

The engines are smooth, and powerful. This hp war is really just for bragging rights, we really dont use or need this much power.
good one, have fun racing those camrys
Old 09-19-07, 09:22 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Mercedes and BMW interiors always had this narrow and rigid feeling as Lexus interiors always kept theirs comfy and spacious (in my opinion).

Many family members and friends of mine drive Mercedes and I never liked their interiors one bit. In all of the Lexus interiors I've sat in, I felt much more at home.
I could not agree more...well said.
Old 09-19-07, 09:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

I still think this looks good.

Old 09-19-07, 09:38 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Looks from a pic can be deceiving
I am not that impressed with the interior materials of the IS250/350 either, I would have to sit in a new C-class to see how they compare.
Old 09-19-07, 09:46 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish they included some of the S-Class' curvaceous dash in the C-Class interior. I sat inside/drove at the C Drive and it was...ok. Roomier but not as well-designed inside as the IS IMO. For that matter, the 3-series sans NAVI looks better inside iMO.
Old 09-19-07, 10:00 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 58 Posts

I really don't like the look of the exterior. The interior isn't bad but its just so cold and uninviting. Not to mention the C-Class will depreciate like crazy.
Old 09-19-07, 10:12 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
I wish they included some of the S-Class' curvaceous dash in the C-Class interior.
You mean the BMW 7-series dash ?
Old 09-19-07, 11:16 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

I think it looks nice inside but I have not been in one yet. It's a C-Class, they are going to put the cheaper materials in it. The CLS is just as bad and it's $30k more. Heck, my SL's interior isn't that great.......it's not as good as my CL was even though the MSRP is $10k higher.
Old 09-19-07, 11:30 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive noticed that european cars in general the interiors are more likely to be more "cold" and the seats in general harder and usually more supportive. i've never liked any of the seats in any lexus except for the IS-F, since i think they are all designed for short, fat, people.

Quick Reply: 2008 MB C Class - Cheap Interior Thread