Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 11:23 AM
LexFather

The other thing is I can only imagine how greedy Nissan dealers will mark this car up....

Old 06-06-07, 11:24 AM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not seriously thinking of trading my car (2003 NSX) for it, but the thought has crossed my mind. What do you guys think? I still love my car for its exotic looks, resale value, etc, but I can't get the GTR out of my mind.
Old 06-06-07, 11:26 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Maximus350
I'm not seriously thinking of trading my car (2003 NSX) for it, but the thought has crossed my mind. What do you guys think? I still love my car for its exotic looks, resale value, etc. but I can't get the GTR out of my mind.
Not many cars are more pure than the NSX from a driving standpoint. I am sure though the GTR will clearly outperform it, the R34 and NSX went hand in hand performance wise, this entirely new car will probably destroy it.

At the track. Since most just drive around town etc, well its personal preference at that point.

I would wait to see it in the flesh. THe NSX has show its a timeless car.

Old 06-07-07, 11:49 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
THe NSX has show its a timeless car.
+1

I would love to own an NSX in my lifetime.
Old 06-07-07, 12:32 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it should be as Nissan Badged... another reason: people putting Skyline badge on their Gs, or even our lexus people put Toyotas on theirs ( aristo, soarer, celsius...) , JDM baby! JDM!!
Old 06-07-07, 05:31 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of us want to be different, want to be unique, and thus you see a lot of JDM conversion in the US and USDM conversion overseas.

It's a good point though from a perspective buyer's stand point... I'd rather deal with Infiniti dealerships than Nissan dealerships...
Old 06-09-07, 09:50 AM
Koma

Yea if I was seriously thinking about buying a GT-R I sure as hell wouldn't want to bring it to the local Nissan dealership. They gave me a bad experience the first time I went in there.

I'd much prefer an Infiniti dealership, hell badge it Nissan, so long as I get to get my maintenance done at an Infiniti dealership. They already handle cars that are higher priced so they know not to skip over anything and they know how to treat your car right when it's in their hands. This isn't to say that Nissan dealerships can't do as well as Infiniti but you'll probably get a better experience through Infiniti.

Don't think I'm trying to hate on Nissan/Infiniti although some of you already know my stance on them. I just think if any person who was buying the GT-R they may have wanted to deal with an Infiniti dealership instead.
Old 06-09-07, 10:14 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nicer Infiniti dealer would set the overall buying experience at a more prestige level for the price your expected to pay but I'm sure Nissan has probably thought ahead and those who are going to buy a GTR will receive certain VIP treatment, and if any problems arise I'm sure only the head techs will work on and oversee any project being done.

I can also see this working against Nissan, just imagine someone looking to buy a Versa or Altima for a commuting car and all the salespeople are catering to a GTR sale, either way future work can always be done at private shops, I only go back to dealers for select things.

The GTR will also lure many into Nissan showrooms who will eventually buy a Nissan in hopes of one day buying the GTR, and the downfall of Toyota begins
Old 06-25-07, 08:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Spy Shots: Nissan GT-R sneaks an appearance at Goodwood

Spy Shots: Nissan GT-R sneaks an appearance at Goodwood

June 25th, 2007

The last time we caught a peek at the Nissan GT-R was at a gas station in New Mexico. Now the car made a sneak appearance in the UK at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, that took place this past Saturday. The car is still wearing some minimal camoflouge in the front and back.

The Nissan Skyline GT-R will make its debut at the Tokyo Auto Show in October. The standard GTR will be priced at around $57,000, the V SPEC $67,000 and the EVO that produces 530 horsepower at $94,000.
via egmcartech
Old 06-25-07, 09:54 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^ 530 HP sounds nice...

There must have been a nice bunch of hot exotics there if the place was good "Goodwood" haha
Old 06-25-07, 11:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I know it has been said before, but the sports/super car war is going to be very interesting in the next year and a half. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Porsche have enjoyed relatively unrivaled success among their segments, and now the LF-A/GT-F, NSX, and GT-R are set to change it all.

Old 06-25-07, 11:06 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I know it has been said before, but the sports/super car war is going to be very interesting in the next year and a half. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Porsche have enjoyed relatively unrivaled success among their segments, and now the LF-A/GT-F, NSX, and GT-R are set to change it all.

Yup, I'm glad the Japanese are stepping up to the big boys.
Old 06-25-07, 12:00 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robarapta

via egmcartech
How much HP/TQ for the base model?

I like.... alot
Old 06-25-07, 12:17 PM
genearch
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301

I think it's good, but quite honestly... I don't see them "changing minds". I attended a "little" gathering yesterday, (actually 100+ Cars) there were a couple of nice NSX's there as well as a Skyline, all parked in several rows and quite honestly, nobody gave them a second look, actually not even a glance. Everybody was fixated on the Gallardo, Murcialago and Enzo. Also, a couple of Supercharged Z06's, Supercharged Viper and an Arial Atom.

A G35C w/nos was there and he attempted to impress the crowd when he left, only to bounce off his rev limiter in several gears. A nice laugh went across the crowd.

It's a humbling experience, and I believe that the GTR/LF-A/IS-F would likely get the same treatment.
Old 06-25-07, 12:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

$94,000...that's a lot for a Nissan and a big jump from the $57,000 base model. Hopefully the EVO model will include more track-worthy upgrades than just the engine to justify the premium.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 06-25-07 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)