Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 02:34 AM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'de rather get an RS4, IS-F or R8.
Old 01-28-07, 10:54 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

the 'details' within this article are more speculation, not confirmed information.
Old 01-28-07, 12:11 PM
MrSilvia
Driver School Candidate

Excactly, remember, the performance benchmark they've been using for this car is the porsche 997 turbo. I wouldn't be surprised if the GT-R came out lighter than expected and having more around 480 hp
Old 01-28-07, 07:25 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Well I didnt mention Evo X, CTS-V, or IS-F because they're sedans. And as I recall this GTR was targeting the likes of Porsche's Carrera, not Caddy's CTS-V. Im comparing apples to apples. I admit, that may have not been clear in my original post. Also, where did that weight figure of the GTR come from? Ive never seen anything like that from what Ive read. 300+ pounds more than an auto G35 Coupe seems a bit embellished.
Same performance, similar or less price... who cares if it has 4 doors or not. I'd bet there's a IS coupe coming too and the M3 is going to be a coupe too.

The weight from a full AWD setup and all the extra weight from turbos and their associated gear can EASILY add up to 3800lbs. G35s and 350zs are already portly. Adding an AWD drivetrain is going to add a considerable amount of weight.
Old 02-08-07, 05:35 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Skyline GTR spied in New Mexico

Some guy on SupraForums and his friends spotted the GTR

Here's what they had to say:

Well a couple of my friends in Sante Fe spied this little beauty at the gas station. Just because I don't feel like typing it I'll copy paste what he wrote. Too bad they only took one pic. It looks good though.

Around 5:30 Monday night, Keith (evo4g63) and I were heading down Cerrillos Road when we spotted the silver prototype Nissan Skyline, along with 2 black Armadas turning into an Amigo Mart on the opposite side of the road. Being that this was a rare sighting, we quickly flipped a "U" and pulled into the station. As we pulled in, the car surrounded by roughly 12 Asian guys who were logging information. Hoping that they spoke English, we decided to get down to talk with them about the car. I asked one of the guys what he thought of the car, and you guessed it, he had no idea what I was saying. However, he did manage to whisper a question into my ear, "you know GTR", in which I replied, "heck yes". As he asked me that, I noticed a large bulge on the right hand side of the covered interior. To my pleasant surprise it was a Japanese version Skyline equipped with factory turbos. We spoke with the reps from Nissan Japan a bit longer, and after a good 10-15 minutes of leg humping, let them get back on the road. The car has Michigan plates, and is being tested on US roads, so make sure to keep an eye out for it!
Old 02-08-07, 05:47 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I'm pretty much with everyone here.

The GTR is another animal entirely. It would be funny to see a poor little *Nissan* take out a Porsche. If you drive a car like this, heck if I did... LOL I'd be concerned about the bigger fish.

However, me.. personally.. if I am dropping 70k into a car and want raw performance the Z06 is where its at. Not only is it a beast but they beefed up the suspension so it handles even better. I could get over the fact that the interior is a glorified cavalier. :P

And does anyone else think that the styling on it is a little.. well, not all that eye catching? I'm sure people will see the GT-R before they realize by looking at it.. what the heck it is!
Old 02-08-07, 05:57 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cherplex
Some guy on SupraForums and his friends spotted the GTR

Here's what they had to say:
I'm starting to compile a list of people who say "Next Gen Supra", "Concept Supra prototype", etc. Now I'm going to start adding people who say "Skyline GT-R."

It's not a Skyline, it's not a Skyline, it's not a Skyline.

It's a GT-R. Say it with me. Gee Tee Arr.

And I have no idea what he's trying to say about the turbos. Bulge on the right hand side of the interior? How does that make you assume it has turbos... Unless you own the Maxima with the interior mounted turbos.
Old 02-08-07, 06:32 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Koma
thank you. hopefully someone notices.
Old 02-08-07, 07:29 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

I'm starting to compile a list of people who say "Next Gen Supra", "Concept Supra prototype", etc. Now I'm going to start adding people who say "Skyline GT-R."

It's a GT-R. Say it with me. Gee Tee Arr.
Skyline GTR....................Bite Me
Old 02-08-07, 07:34 AM
LexFather

That looks better than before, it does look different. Now the IS-F sides don't seem so bad.

And sorry it is now a GT-R.
G35s remain Skylines rebadged as Infiniti's.

Old 02-08-07, 07:37 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That looks better than before, it does look different. Now the IS-F sides don't seem so bad.

And sorry it is now a GT-R.
G35s remain Skylines rebadged as Infiniti's.
I know what it's called that was a typo on my part just funny to see a SC400 owner making a list and caring about what it's called. Since it seems to bother him that much why not push it I'm a natural instigator.
Old 02-08-07, 07:39 AM
LexFather

I know what it's called that was a typo on my part just funny to see a SC400 owner making a list and caring about what it's called. Since it seems to bother him that much why not push it I'm a natural instigator.
(looks at avatar)
Makes sense.

It won't matter, some Nissan ricers will continue to buy the GT-R badge and slap them on their Altimas, Sentras, etc...sad....

I have a great respect for the previous GT-Rs and this new one should continue that trend.

And the name SKYLINE, just is=**** to me. I love that name.

Old 02-08-07, 07:57 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't talking about you, I didn't even notice that. I was talking about the quoted portion. And what does being an SC400 owner have to do with it. I'm just trying to get the point across that this vehicle is not based upon a Skyline. It was not based upon a sedan platform than changed to a coupe. I apologize for being unclear.
Oh and for the record, I'm not really making a list.

Last edited by Koma; 02-08-07 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-08-07, 09:42 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

i found these sketches of the car...veryyy NICEEEE
Attached Thumbnails Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)-97-9_4w.jpg  
Old 02-08-07, 09:43 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

...............................................gorgeous!!
Attached Thumbnails Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)-98-10_0w.jpg  

Quick Reply: Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)