Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 10:32 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
Yeah, my V6 4 runner is 4.0L
Yeah, my FJ Cruiser has the exact same motor too.
Old 03-19-07, 07:12 PM
LexFather

This car is going to be a MONSTER. I am getting to love it. I think it will tie the Z06 for bargain performance car with supercar performance.

Old 04-07-07, 03:00 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Nissan GT-R scoop video : flat-out versus a 911 Turbo

Click : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Ri8R2lDs4
Old 04-07-07, 03:24 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Nice Vid the GT-R should have been in front of the 911 though
Old 04-07-07, 03:29 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I'm coining the GT-R the poor mans CCX. Seeing it reminds me of the CCX a tad.

Sounds like a nice car
Old 04-07-07, 11:14 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
nah, it's just a pace car.
Old 04-08-07, 12:35 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this car RWD or AWD?
Old 04-08-07, 01:30 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think so GoGoGadget. If this car has 500hp, then I'll be much more impressed. 450hp in an overweight AWD vehicle just isn't going to cut it. I still think this thing will be about 300lbs heavier than the new G35 coupe. 500hp will make it much more impressive, but there WILL be other cars in that price range and for cheaper that will give it a HELLUVA run for its money....

its not going to be stealing anyone's thunder I don't think.

On a second lighter note, I'd better be moving into a faster car, or another phase of this same car if I'm going to be able to fend off all these new fast cars coming out. Gotta keep bruising some egos to keep myself healthy hehehe... Maybe sell the turbo 240sx and drop a single turbo JZ powerplant into the Lexus...
Old 04-08-07, 02:14 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
I don't think so GoGoGadget. If this car has 500hp, then I'll be much more impressed. 450hp in an overweight AWD vehicle just isn't going to cut it. I still think this thing will be about 300lbs heavier than the new G35 coupe. 500hp will make it much more impressive, but there WILL be other cars in that price range and for cheaper that will give it a HELLUVA run for its money....

On a second lighter note, I'd better be moving into a faster car, or another phase of this same car if I'm going to be able to fend off all these new fast cars coming out. Gotta keep bruising some egos to keep myself healthy hehehe... Maybe sell the turbo 240sx and drop a single turbo JZ powerplant into the Lexus...

That's my plan lol to hurt a few egos in my sleeper lol. It's APU 1J now but i have "bigger" plans next year since I have a tranny to take some abuse.
Old 04-08-07, 03:36 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

I whole-heartedly disagree.
Old 04-09-07, 09:57 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

i think theyve done it both ways. regardless you dont want a one-off prototpye racing right next to another car if its not necessary. so they probably spaced them apart by a set time to see if they could close the starting gap.
Old 04-09-07, 10:03 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bean

i agree with gogogadget. i dont think the is-f and m3 will compare to this.
maybe stock it wont be too bad, but overall i dont even see the cars as being in the same league. and i think that when this car comes out that will be very clear.

and about 50hp, i dont think it will make a big difference. it might matter somewhat in out the box performance and comparisons, but when was the GT-R about stock performance? this is a car that's always been about potential... and being a platform...which is partly why its getting its own chassis and FM modifications. id bet that getting an extra 50 or 100hp from stock will be nothing...
Old 04-09-07, 10:57 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoGoGadget
I just have this feeling, with all the hoopla surrounding the M3 vs IS-F rivalry, this car is going to be the one that steals their thunder, and come out on top.
I also think this will be true. If this GT-R has similar performance to a 911 turbo, it is highly doubtful that the M3 and IS-F will be anywhere near that performance
Old 04-09-07, 05:25 PM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Wonder if this is the official teaser from Japan. Sorry if repost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8-FHiLG7Y
Old 04-10-07, 05:20 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoGoGadget
Tekknikal-Hypnotik-

Glad to see we share similar views, and mark my words. When these cars come out, the GT-R will be the favorite, even if it's slower 0-60, quarter mile, around a track, whatever, because it will "feel right" to every magazine editor because it will be more fun to drive, with all the techno-wizardry it will have. I know it irks some people, that the best car on paper doesn't win sometimes, but you won't know that "seat of pants" feeling unless you experience it yourself. It does exist. And more horsepower doesn't necessarily make that feeling any better. Especially a paltry 50 more.

This is the reason that time and time again, a BMW, or a Ferrari, will win, because it's more fun, more controlled more whatever, than a Lexus or a Vette, even though the latter might be faster.
Most magazines actually hate technical wizardry when it comes to driving dynamics.
It's not so much the controlled feeling than it is the in-control feeling.

Quick Reply: Spied: Nissan GT-R beats 911 Turbo around Nurburgring(+spec.sheet/prices-Pg.19)