Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Double Review: 2008 Cadillac CTS DI

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 06:32 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2008-c...tml?tag=viddet

WOW an editors choice and an 8.7 rating - meaing almost 9 puts this car between an Excellent - Spectacular Rating!

Thats definitely saying something to other domestic car manufacturers.
Old 11-07-07, 06:50 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

threxx, couple of questions...

the leasign site you rprovided..i went through that.

1. How close at the dealership would the actual payment be to what the calculation comes up with?

2. My 42K msrp CTS comes out to 450/month! with just $1000 down and $1000 trade in aloowance. thats AWESOME payment for this car. (the way i seemed to work out how an EXCELLENT lease should be in my head - whatever msrp is - your payment should be 1-1.5% of that price..if you can bring it within that range - you got yourself an AWESOME deal...provided you put little to no money down )

3. How come credit is not used in the calculation? Wouldnt this throw off the lease payment becasue its probably assumign tier 1 or tier 1 plus?

please let me know.

Last edited by xcntuatd77; 11-07-07 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-07-07, 08:22 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

threxx..one other thing..not doubting yoru credibility...but can you post a site or somethign that shows the actual money factor for this car for all terms?

i find it hard to believe that the money factors are identical for both the regular and direct injection car, AND for all the terms. Typically, the money factor is different for each trim and term.

please let us knwo where you got this from and the details etc.
Old 11-08-07, 05:09 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The payment should be identical provided that all of your numbers that you input were correct.

You said your credit is 700-710? Is not not still Tier 1? I forget where Tier 1 typically ends. I honestly don't know the impact of non tier 1 credit on those rates, but I don't think 700-710 is that bad. Regardless, if it does, have them show you something that says it does, and show you how it changes the money factor on the lease (if it does at all). It might just require you to put down a larger security deposit (or put one down in the first place as you might not had to have otherwise).

Also my suggestion is don't mention this to the dealer. Your credit might be completely fine for the deal but if you keep mentioning it nervously to the dealer, they might 'smell blood' and go in for some extra profit by telling you that it has jacked your money factor rates up even though it hasn't...

Tarry from leasecompare.com posts the rates as a favor to the roadfly community. He's one of the most prominent figures in the car leasing community in the nation - he definitely has the right info and sources. I've never heard of the numbers he posts not checking out unless the dealer is trying to lie and scrape off the top a bit

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/fin...8679983-1.html