Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does this ever happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-07, 08:04 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, and I hate it! I feel like taking a baseball bat to the car next to me when that happens.
Old 09-30-07, 08:16 AM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some reason i cant imagine a costco anywhere near that pictured location
Old 09-30-07, 10:45 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't lie, when I go to a parking lot and there are several spaces, 9 times out of 10 I am going to park next to a good looking car, be it a Lex, Audi, Benz or BMW.
Old 09-30-07, 10:52 AM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha! I've had that happen to me all the time! I try to park away from everyone because theres a lot of inconsiderate people out there who don't know how to open their door without smashing into mine. Then when I come out of a store then I'm completely surrounded, its ridiculous.

Originally Posted by MCG33
I started backing into parking spaces at work in my SC because I love to look out the window at the front of my car when I'm bored. I've noticed about 80% of the employee cars around me back into their spots now. Too bad none of theirs looks as good.
Same has happened here. I've been backing into my parking spots quite a bit. One time in the university dorms parking lot I was backed into my parking spot, the only car. Then the next day at least 50% of all cars are parked like that. What's next? I wonder how many people will follow if I parallel park in the lots?

Originally Posted by cpone
I won't lie, when I go to a parking lot and there are several spaces, 9 times out of 10 I am going to park next to a good looking car, be it a Lex, Audi, Benz or BMW.
Glad this was brought up too! This is one major factor when considering where to park unless I have no choice. I try to park close to the fancier vehicles because you know that they'll open their door carefully, not to damage either vehicle.
Old 09-30-07, 11:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by calichris
so i work at Costco and i decided to park on the gravel because no one was parked there and when i leave to go home look at what i see
And, you're assuming that that is all there is. You don't know, though, how many cars came and parked there while you were gone and didn't see them.
Old 09-30-07, 11:47 AM
calichris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no its behind the gas station, i guess its hard to explain because most costcos are different, i parked there because no one parks there, to the east of that picture is a small parking lot and then the gas station is just south of it.