Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Driving DUMB

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-07, 09:46 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving DUMB

This is the deal:

8pm
Around Horace Harding Expressway
It was a SC300
Black
One guy and I think a female passenger.
License plate: DYO 7***

The rest of the numbers faded off my arm..cuz i wrote it down....

Well...U were tailgating me like ridic and trying to get ahead of me..even though there was nothing but traffic ahead of me...I was very tempted to slam the brakes..get out and give u hell..

but insted I just waited till u got ahead of me...pulled up next to u and looked into your car so you cud feel like a retard and I floored so u can smell some of my goos rubber from teh tires

then u meet me down at another light..pull up next to me...stare...and then floor it like a turtle(y did u bother, ITS STOCK!)...

I get mad...get ahead of you...pull over and double park--get out of my car!...but apparently u just ran away...

well..the point here..is its not nice to tailgate and drive like a moron!!!

We shud really do something about people who drive like IDIOTS.
People who dont check their blind spot before changing lanes..
Tailgate in Traffic...etc.

If he was tailgating me on an open highway..I'd give him way...--BUT IN TRAFFIC??

I drive pretty fast as it is..but this guy was just a real character!!
Old 10-06-07, 09:57 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol tant no need to make 2 threads lol, if someone is tailgating me on the highway, i line up with the guy next to me and drive the same speed as him or if its one lane then i just slow my *** down till he attempts to pass then i drop the gear to 2nd and just smoke him.
Old 10-06-07, 11:04 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. I got really mad..

but at this point..im drunk..and still kinda mad..

I just added it to the spotted because I was hoping its someone that might visit the forum..

Like you dont understand how bad he pissed me off...
there was nowhere i could go..why hte hell are u two inches away from my bumper/?!?!?

Its just really unsafe and retarded!

I thiink it is a good issue though...

Thread about why people should not tailgate!!
Old 10-07-07, 07:16 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

yea i feel you, its new york, people are a55holes around here especially on the weekends. just keep ur own pace and if he wants to tailgate you then let him, dont waste your gas trying to get back with him.
Old 10-07-07, 03:36 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ TANTRA
This is the deal:

8pm
Around Horace Harding Expressway
It was a SC300
Black
One guy and I think a female passenger.
License plate: DYO 7***

The rest of the numbers faded off my arm..cuz i wrote it down....

Well...U were tailgating me like ridic and trying to get ahead of me..even though there was nothing but traffic ahead of me...I was very tempted to slam the brakes..get out and give u hell..

but insted I just waited till u got ahead of me...pulled up next to u and looked into your car so you cud feel like a retard and I floored so u can smell some of my goos rubber from teh tires

then u meet me down at another light..pull up next to me...stare...and then floor it like a turtle(y did u bother, ITS STOCK!)...

I get mad...get ahead of you...pull over and double park--get out of my car!...but apparently u just ran away...

well..the point here..is its not nice to tailgate and drive like a moron!!!

We shud really do something about people who drive like IDIOTS.
People who dont check their blind spot before changing lanes..
Tailgate in Traffic...etc.

If he was tailgating me on an open highway..I'd give him way...--BUT IN TRAFFIC??

I drive pretty fast as it is..but this guy was just a real character!!
It might not have been a CL member here, but I know you feel. Though making a thread about that driver in particular isnt really good either. As Joe said some drivers in NYC just dont give two s#!ts about other drivers. And some are just out trying to show off, like the one who tailgated you. On his part, he is pretty stupid to be following so close to you. Imagine you had to stop and he kept going.....

And we cant really do much about idiot drivers, for one I truely hate T----C drivers in NYC. MOST of them will repeatitly cut you off or weave through highway lanes at high speed, just nearly clipping you. Fact is we dont know who the idiots are, people can drive normal and then go pyschotic anytime on the highway or the streets.

Just drive safe people, you dont, you might get away here and there. But once you have that major accident, you'll look back at how stupid/ignorant/selfish/irresponisble and unsafe you were.
Old 10-08-07, 01:01 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a Buick SUV do that to me at 85mph on the freeway this weekend. She had kids too, which was sad...endangering the lives of your children just to drive home fast...

I usually tap my brakes but I didn't want her to flip the car due to the panic it instills...