Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Xh

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 12:42 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With these new pics, it looks great already. Interior is totally concept; Lexus is being very coy not showing us anything about the production interior yet. Some very interesting design elements with these new pics; I love the complex shape of the rear lights. Looks like the Lexus will keep the signature RX silver rear light housing.

These two pics to me in particular just scream 2009 RX:

My prediction: those projectors or LED headlights or whatever they are will be on the hybrid RX to differentiate it from the regular RX.

Also imagine a black grill and black air intake instead of the silver slits and you've got a good idea at what the new RX will look like.

XeroCool, those spy shots may have been a mule, another Lexus model, or another vehicle entirely unrelated to Toyota.

This concept *is* in fact very curvaceous; it's just very hard to see that through pictures. Even different lighting makes the concept look different.

I also like how the grill integrates with the headlights. I think this is going to be a common styling cue on future Lexus models. It adds some uniqueness to the front end and also makes the front end look sleeker and more cohesive.

The styling will never please everyone. For all the amount of people that like the current RX, there are an equal amount of people who dislike it and say it's not sporty enough. This design definitely looks sporty and sleek enough, but now people who liked the practicality of the current RX may say this sacrifices too much visibility for style. It's a never-ending trade-off automakers must make.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 10-10-07 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-10-07, 12:53 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looks curvaceous enough to me .

The front end shot totally looks like a next-gen RX.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 10-10-07 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-07, 01:06 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Looks curvaceous enough to me .
Your pics don't work...but the site they originate from do have tons of great pics. Let me try posting the ones that haven't been posted here for you.

http://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2007-lf-xh_concept/

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-10-07 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-10-07, 01:07 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

More pics, continued...

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-10-07 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-10-07, 01:10 PM
LexFather

I wonder will the H version get LEDs for the headlights in 2009/10

Old 10-10-07, 01:18 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, the pics don't work ... the site is very annoying when it comes to linking.

I've rehosted the two pics I was gonna show .
Old 10-10-07, 01:21 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, the pics don't work ... the site is very annoying when it comes to linking.

I've rehosted the two pics I was gonna show .
Um...so did my hot-linked pics work? They look fine on my computer but that could be due to local caching.
Old 10-10-07, 01:22 PM
LexFather

Yeah they didn't work....red x's all over, lol

Old 10-10-07, 01:27 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Um...so did my hot-linked pics work? They look fine on my computer but that could be due to local caching.
That site can't be trusted for linking . Just re-host your pics, because as SICK said they did not show up .
Old 10-10-07, 02:09 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

The front reminds me of the current Honda CR-V....especially 3/4 front view.

So, I think it has nothing special and does definitely not look luxurious enough for Lexus.

The rear is interesting. However I looks like a blown up X5....so Lexus is far away from offering a unique design that shouts luxury.
Old 10-10-07, 03:01 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I personally think it does look like a distinctive evolution of the RX, but it needs polishing.
Old 10-10-07, 04:03 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin_T.W.
The front reminds me of the current Honda CR-V....especially 3/4 front view.

So, I think it has nothing special and does definitely not look luxurious enough for Lexus.

The rear is interesting. However I looks like a blown up X5....so Lexus is far away from offering a unique design that shouts luxury.
Yeah I agree that front end looks somewhat like the CR-V. But it looks great to me from the profile. If they can clean up the front and rear a bit, they have another winner on their hands. Also, I doubt that extremely sloping rear hatch will make it to the production. Toyota, unlike the BMW X6, typically makes their cars with more utility in mind.
Old 10-10-07, 04:17 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

That site can't be trusted for linking . Just re-host your pics, because as SICK said they did not show up .
Oops I see. I've hosted those pics elsewhere and updated my posts above accordingly. Should be all OK now.

Having seen more pics, I now think the LF-Xh actually looks good from certain angles, but I also agree that it looks too much like a Honda.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-10-07 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-10-07, 04:37 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
The odds of them using a glass roof, is 0.
There was a multi-panel roof option so I don't see why. The R-Class also has the biggest piece of glass ever (The roof is only 2 pieces and the front piece opens up to a huge hole in the roof). Lexus might decide to include it.
Old 10-10-07, 04:40 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With these new pics, it looks great already. Interior is totally concept; Lexus is being very coy not showing us anything about the production interior yet. Some very interesting design elements with these new pics; I love the complex shape of the rear lights. Looks like the Lexus will keep the signature RX silver rear light housing.

These two pics to me in particular just scream 2009 RX:

My prediction: those projectors or LED headlights or whatever they are will be on the hybrid RX to differentiate it from the regular RX.

Also imagine a black grill and black air intake instead of the silver slits and you've got a good idea at what the new RX will look like.

XeroCool, those spy shots may have been a mule, another Lexus model, or another vehicle entirely unrelated to Toyota.

This concept *is* in fact very curvaceous; it's just very hard to see that through pictures. Even different lighting makes the concept look different.

I also like how the grill integrates with the headlights. I think this is going to be a common styling cue on future Lexus models. It adds some uniqueness to the front end and also makes the front end look sleeker and more cohesive.

The styling will never please everyone. For all the amount of people that like the current RX, there are an equal amount of people who dislike it and say it's not sporty enough. This design definitely looks sporty and sleek enough, but now people who liked the practicality of the current RX may say this sacrifices too much visibility for style. It's a never-ending trade-off automakers must make.
The front end is too busy imo. But the rear is curvaceous and quite appealing. The wheel design is very unique but to the detailing nuts here, it'll be a pain to clean especially if they split the spokes as shown above. You'll need a toothbrush to get to those places.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Xh