Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: what would u rate the infiniti fx35/45
5 stars
12.73%
4 stars
50.91%
3 stars
20.00%
2 stars
9.09%
1 stars
7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

what do you guys think of the infiniti fx 35/45?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 06:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The interior would make Hyundai (10 years ago Hyundai) giggle.
Gotta go back farther than 10 years to see really lousy Hyundai interiors. (In fact, you owned a 1990 or so Scoupe, didn't you?)
Old 10-11-07, 07:23 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
He traded it in for 2 Siennas.
lol so that's how much it's worth.. wow...
Old 10-11-07, 07:30 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The '03-'04 models had overly stiff suspensions. I THINK for '05 they softened them up a bit and then again in '06. IMO, the '06 suspension I drove was the perfect balance between luxury and sport. I also know that the '03-'04 models had cheap leather but after '05+ the interior quality was significantly improved. The '06 I drove had no creaks or rattles and very limited hard plastics. Almost everything was soft to the touch. Infiniti interiors are no where near what they were just a even a couple years ago. They have been significantly improved as of late and IMO right on par with Lexus as far as build quality goes. The FX is the only Infiniti model that doesn't have the new Infiniti design. I like the way the newer Infiniti interiors look and I have no reason to believe that the next FX will be anything but stellar. As far as rear legroom goes, the RX has about an inch of more space and the IS has four and a half inches of less space. It is not the biggest in its class, but I wouldn't call it cramped. The cargo space I would call cramped.

Old 10-11-07, 08:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

You're correct, DrUnBiased, that Infiniti interiors have improved in the last 2 years or so....the best examples, IMO, are the M35 and M45. But they never should have been cheapened in the first place, even with Carlos Ghosn's cost-cutting....doing so was a major error. In the 1990's, Infiniti had impeccable quality and interior trim...as good as that of Lexus in some instances.......but then Renault (and Ghosn) bought out Nissan and, for several years, their interiors just went to hell.
Old 10-12-07, 07:27 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

I bought a 2004 sport model FX35, new, and have been overall pretty pleased with it. For my purposes it was and continues to be the right car, my daily driver (65 miles RT daily). The moniker "wagon" is probably more appropriate as it's not a true SUV in that there is virtually no offroad capability.

Critiques as others have said, are spot on - not as much cargo room as you would expect from a SUV, mediocre interior quality, and some can complain that the ride is "stiff". I've been on long-ish trips up to 6 hours, with no complaints about interior comfort.

However, the driving experience is excellent, it doesnt look like every other vanilla car out there, there's a lot of knowledge in the tuning world about the VQ engine, it's super safe and at least to me, has been extremely reliable. The interiors in recent years have greatly improved.
Old 10-12-07, 08:27 AM
LazyAlex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man for a lexus fourm...u guys are really giving me some really good info on this infiniti..thanks guys
Old 10-12-07, 09:17 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

great auto!!! well worth the $$$
Old 10-12-07, 09:51 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice vehicle I passed on getting this vehicle because it did not ride and handle as good as the Bimmer, and too many of them are on the road in NYC.. I am not a follower, thus the decision to get something rare in the performance 'suv' arena.
Old 10-12-07, 01:53 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy has a FX35('04 or '05). Very nice ride. Car drove very smoothly and I had zero complaints about the interior build. It doesnt have SUV-like spaciousness, but I would hardly call it cramped. Exhaust note is very exotic, even for the 35.
Old 10-12-07, 08:42 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i used to work for infiniti and i do like the newest versions of the FX, meaning when it had its refresh, when the FX's first came out, im sorry but the interior was very cheap and the leather was god-awful. We has used FX's on the lot and every one, we had to call interior magic to come in and try to make it look better, it looked better when it was done but still it looked and felt like crap, but the re-freshed versions are far better. But i would have to say that the FX's i had to put on display on the lawn ( a incline but not to steep of an incline) those FX'S both 35/45 put up a fight, made all types of noises and the tires spun, put a used RX 330 we had beside it, just went up the hill, tires spun a little but the FX's hated it lol
Old 10-12-07, 09:53 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like SUV's in general. Too heavy and too gas hungry.

I am hoping gas goes to $5.00 a gallon so we can start getting these
pigs off the roads.

Oh yeah, I rate it 0 stars
Old 10-12-07, 11:24 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
i used to work for infiniti and i do like the newest versions of the FX, meaning when it had its refresh, when the FX's first came out, im sorry but the interior was very cheap and the leather was god-awful. We has used FX's on the lot and every one, we had to call interior magic to come in and try to make it look better, it looked better when it was done but still it looked and felt like crap, but the re-freshed versions are far better. But i would have to say that the FX's i had to put on display on the lawn ( a incline but not to steep of an incline) those FX'S both 35/45 put up a fight, made all types of noises and the tires spun, put a used RX 330 we had beside it, just went up the hill, tires spun a little but the FX's hated it lol
must be the performance tyres haha. Do they come in AS or summers?
Old 10-17-07, 06:06 PM
Jakex1
Pole Position

mom is trading in her rx300 for one this january
Old 10-17-07, 06:17 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

An overweight car, or an undersized SUV. Either way, it's a pretentious vehicle that is the worst of both worlds.
Old 10-18-07, 02:58 AM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

I'm not an SUV guy but if I had to buy one this would be one of two. I think the design is great and performance wise it's supposed to be one of the best; yes the FX sacrifices trunk space but whatev.

4 stars.

The other SUV i'd buy: Mercedes G class

Quick Reply: what do you guys think of the infiniti fx 35/45?