Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Maybach 62 Laundaulet Goes Into Production (price for America at $1.35 million)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-07, 09:49 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Popular to contrary belief, security in Dubai is pretty lax. The Sheik travels with just his driver, walks openly in public, and is so well loved through the community he has no fear of being attacked/assassinated.

Also, people there do flaunt their wealth openly. There is less crime in Dubai then there is in 99% of the world. Punishments are so severe that theft/robberies are all but non-existent.

Jonny
Heck if this is all about excess, they should put a movie screen for the rear passengers

That's something about the US-extremely weak punishments and sentencing takes too long. Oh well, that's the only to create more jobs.
Not only that, prisoners have a place to eat and sleep and work out, better than homeless.
Whoa, waaaay off topic
Old 11-02-07, 11:29 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

we have too many people in the US to care. plus were not all gazillionaires.

as for the car, i think its gorgeous. if i had the money, i would buy it. until then, im stuck with lexus
Old 11-02-07, 04:24 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

might as well make it a hardtop cov.
Old 11-02-07, 10:30 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oH heeeeeeeeeeel yah, I love this mother! This is true blue blood.
Old 11-02-07, 10:36 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Popular to contrary belief, security in Dubai is pretty lax. The Sheik travels with just his driver, walks openly in public, and is so well loved through the community he has no fear of being attacked/assassinated.

Also, people there do flaunt their wealth openly. There is less crime in Dubai then there is in 99% of the world. Punishments are so severe that theft/robberies are all but non-existent.

Jonny
Yea but have you seen the ghetto side of Dubai? Its a war everyday...
Old 11-03-07, 07:14 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
might as well make it a hardtop cov.
I assume you mean a retractable hardtop just for the passenger portion ? Otherwise, it would be a very long retractable hardtop that would take up a lot of trunk space . . .
Old 11-03-07, 05:03 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Looks good...I'd never buy one though. I just don't see the point when I can buy an S600/65 for sooo much less.

I did see one last weekend just chilling in a parking lot by a restaurant I had lunch at:

Old 11-04-07, 12:28 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I'd take it for a testdrive (in the rear).
Old 11-27-07, 10:44 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Seems like the 62 is getting a facelift.
Old 01-23-08, 07:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Maybach 62 Landaulet goes into production

Maybach 62 Landaulet goes into production

Posted on Tuesday 22 January 2008

Despite sales troubles in Australia and a general lack of interest in its Maybach brand, Daimler AG has chosen to go to production with its Maybach 62 Landaulet, shown first in Dubai last year, and again at the Detroit auto show last week. A company official noted that the display model had already been sold – a good sign that Maybach may be on to something that will actually drive up interest in the brand.

The semi-topless superluxury sedan is set to go into production some time this year, although exactly when – and exactly how many units will be made – is still up in the air. Regardless, the base price of US$1.19 million ensures that only the truly wealthy will be able to get their hands on one – even if Maybach makes several hundred. Although in truth, such production numbers are unlikely, since the Maybach brand sold only 400 units total last year, according to Reuters.

Recent news has not been especially kind to Maybach, with their chief rival Rolls Royce outselling them by 250%. Striking out entirely in Australia despite a record-breaking year of auto sales certainly didn’t help the brand’s image either. But the new Landaulet seems to be grabbing eyes and winning hearts at a feverish pace, so things could be looking up for Maybach in 2008 – and that’s not something many car makers can claim.

Maybach’s newest model has been revealed ahead of its world debut at the upcoming Dubai Motor Show in a couple of week’s time. The car is a new semi-convertible version of the 62 saloon that officials will be calling a concept, but a limited production run of just 20 examples is all but confirmed for early next year.

The new model is based on the current Maybach 62 but adopts a sliding roof over the rear compartment. Opening and closing the roof takes 16 seconds. The Landaulet design was made popular in the early part of the century and is basically a regular sedan with a fabric roof-center that can be folded away.

The car also gets a revised interior with a removable glass panel dividing the front and rear quarters. Appointments in the rear include white leather, piano lacquer and black granite surfaces.

The Maybach Landaulet study is powered by an uprated version of the V12 engine from the Maybach 62 S. Thanks to twin turbochargers and water intercooling, the V12 develops a maximum output of 612hp (450 kW) from its 6.0L of displacement. This is continuously available between 4,800 and 5,100rpm, and the engine also delivers its peak torque of 1,000Nm between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm.

Like all Maybach models, the Landaulet also shares many of its features with its Mercedes-Benz siblings including items such as the electronic air-suspension, voice-activation control and the COMAND interface system.
SOURCE (More pics)

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-23-08 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-23-08, 07:49 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Detroit Auto Show pics

this thing is roomy!!

Old 01-23-08, 08:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Love that^^ interior
Old 01-23-08, 01:04 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^I love the model!

How big are those screens? They look kinda small for being that far away.
Old 01-23-08, 02:01 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

thats unique enough that it will stand out and bring maybach's brand upscale from public perception

good move!!
I want!!!
Old 01-24-08, 02:42 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

People look at that and say...Mercedes... They look at Bentley and say...wow now that IS nice!

I think if they were making this to honor one of the companies founders, they had better think of a design away from Mercedes.

OH and who drives a maybach to lunch??? Especially parking like that!!! Has to be a woman, plain and simple. I know if I ever was GIVEN a maybach (Never buy it even I had infinite $$) I'd never drive it...I'd RIDE in it... thats the whole purpose.

Quick Reply: Maybach 62 Laundaulet Goes Into Production (price for America at $1.35 million)