Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: 2006 lexus is350 vs 2007 infiniti g35 sedan
is350
59.72%
g35
40.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2006 lexus is350 vs 2007 infiniti g35 sedan..which would u pick?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 04:53 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

This question should be asked on the G35 forums too
Old 10-18-07, 08:20 AM
LazyAlex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur right...ima go post it on a g35 forum...thanks for the tip..also thanks for all ur inputs guys
Old 10-18-07, 10:01 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the Is350 over the G35 sedan. I like the interior touches and design of the Is350 overall. Somehow the G35 sedan reminds me of a Chysler Sebring for some reason
Old 10-18-07, 10:12 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by LazyAlex
ur right...ima go post it on a g35 forum...thanks for the tip..also thanks for all ur inputs guys
To get a better average yes you would need to post on both sites, you would combine the responses from both sites since they each will be biased and get a better answer.
Old 10-18-07, 10:49 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
To get a better average yes you would need to post on both sites, you would combine the responses from both sites since they each will be biased and get a better answer.
Better yet. Let your brother go and really check out both cars so he can come to his own conclusion. There's nothing better than first-hand exposure. After all, he's the one who's shopping.
Old 10-18-07, 10:52 AM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

by claustrophobic interior I was referring only to the drivers seat. I did not sit in the back of the IS or G.
Old 10-18-07, 11:04 AM
LetMeShowU
Pole Position

Neither one are really my cup of tea, but I chose the G35 simply because it's the more attractive, less cramped, and more affordable of the two. Both cars offer similar features, but you definitely get more for less with the G35. Personally, I think the IS250 is incredibly underpowered for its price. For the same price as an IS250, you can get a G35 with more features and much more power (as well as space). IMO, the IS350 is overpriced, which is why I would never own one. Also, because it looks too much like more inexpensive cars as the Corolla & Mitsubishi Lancer. If I'm spending nearly 40k on a luxury car, I don't want it mistaken for a Mitsubishi (yes I know the IS came out first).

Overall, both are great cars, but I could never justify spending the extra money on the IS simply because it's a "Lexus". Everyone knows it's the cheapest Lex you can buy, so the prestige factor really shouldn't be much of a factor at all - at least at this price point.
Old 10-18-07, 11:33 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by speedflex
Better yet. Let your brother go and really check out both cars so he can come to his own conclusion. There's nothing better than first-hand exposure. After all, he's the one who's shopping.
You're right but him having a screen name like LazyAlex I can come to my own conclusions about him going and actually checkin out each car........he just rather get his opinion from a lexus forum whether to get a G35 or a Lexus go figure......
Old 10-18-07, 11:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You're right but him having a screen name like LazyAlex I can come to my own conclusions about him going and actually checkin out each car........he just rather get his opinion from a lexus forum whether to get a G35 or a Lexus go figure......
RLMAO.............
Old 10-18-07, 01:51 PM
LexFather

I said in my review in which I really like the G35 sedan, for 32k, it is the best VALUE out there in this segment.
After just driving the IS 350 at the Taste of Lexus, it is obvious why it starts at 3k more and it is the better CAR.

When the G35 price creeps up, its a no brainer, get the IS 350. I am 6"5 240, never had an issue up front in the IS, very comfy. The rear is not good at all, lol.

Old 10-18-07, 01:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LetMeShowU
Neither one are really my cup of tea, but I chose the G35 simply because it's the more attractive, less cramped, and more affordable of the two. Both cars offer similar features, but you definitely get more for less with the G35. Personally, I think the IS250 is incredibly underpowered for its price. For the same price as an IS250, you can get a G35 with more features and much more power (as well as space). IMO, the IS350 is overpriced, which is why I would never own one. Also, because it looks too much like more inexpensive cars as the Corolla & Mitsubishi Lancer. If I'm spending nearly 40k on a luxury car, I don't want it mistaken for a Mitsubishi (yes I know the IS came out first).

Overall, both are great cars, but I could never justify spending the extra money on the IS simply because it's a "Lexus". Everyone knows it's the cheapest Lex you can buy, so the prestige factor really shouldn't be much of a factor at all - at least at this price point.

rotflmao
THe IS looks like a Lancer or Corolla. What are you smoking? Its been said by pretty much all forums, its the best looking in class.

You cannot justify spending money on an IS b/c its the cheapest Lexus but you can on a G35 which is a NISSAN SKYLINE but rebadged here?????

Dude, get real and pass the sweet cheba......

Old 10-18-07, 04:05 PM
LexFather

WHile that makes perfect sense I think our members here are fair enough to give a good car a good chance. Being on dozens of forums, our members are going to be just about as balanced as they come. Some places, you even mention Lexus or another brand and its a flame/bigot fest.

This poll is no landslide, the G35 is a good car and people are voting for it.

Old 10-18-07, 05:33 PM
LetMeShowU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
rotflmao
THe IS looks like a Lancer or Corolla. What are you smoking? Its been said by pretty much all forums, its the best looking in class.

You cannot justify spending money on an IS b/c its the cheapest Lexus but you can on a G35 which is a NISSAN SKYLINE but rebadged here?????

Dude, get real and pass the sweet cheba......

The rear of the Lancer looks exactly like the IS. I swear, I can't tell you how many times I have mistaken a Lancer for an IS. The Lancer is a $14,000 car. I don't want my $40,000 car looking exactly like a $14,000 econo-car. I don't car how many special "L" badges are on it

As far as the G35 being a rebadged Skyline, what does that matter? Both Toyota and Nissan have upscale models in Japan that are not available anywhere else. The Toyota Crown is a fine example of this. Up until a couple of years ago, the same could be said for the Toyota Celsior, Aristo, & Altezza. The point is, the Skyline is still an entry level luxury car in Japan, just like the Toyotas I just mentioned (well, the Crown is higher up on the chain, but you get the idea).

Anyway, the reason for getting an IS over a G35 because of the badge is just a silly reason, IMO. They're both entry level luxury cars. We're not talking LS, 7-series, S-Class territory here where prestige plays more of a factor in the purchasing decision.
Old 10-18-07, 07:20 PM
LexFather

^^^ There is no logic or decent reasoning in your posts outside of anti-Lexus. No reason to even respond.

Old 10-18-07, 07:49 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LetMeShowU

The rear of the Lancer looks exactly like the IS. I swear, I can't tell you how many times I have mistaken a Lancer for an IS. The Lancer is a $14,000 car. I don't want my $40,000 car looking exactly like a $14,000 econo-car. I don't car how many special "L" badges are on it

As far as the G35 being a rebadged Skyline, what does that matter? Both Toyota and Nissan have upscale models in Japan that are not available anywhere else. The Toyota Crown is a fine example of this. Up until a couple of years ago, the same could be said for the Toyota Celsior, Aristo, & Altezza. The point is, the Skyline is still an entry level luxury car in Japan, just like the Toyotas I just mentioned (well, the Crown is higher up on the chain, but you get the idea).

Anyway, the reason for getting an IS over a G35 because of the badge is just a silly reason, IMO. They're both entry level luxury cars. We're not talking LS, 7-series, S-Class territory here where prestige plays more of a factor in the purchasing decision.
If you like the car's styling, why do you care if a cheaper car resembles it? Many cars in different classes do look alike. And why do you think Mitsubishi copied IS's taillights design? Because it looks special and good. I believe many IS owners didn't buy IS for prestige, I don't care if IS carries a Mazda badge, if it is exactly the same as the current car except the badges.

Infiniti G35 sedan is definitely an excellent sports sedan, I love it very much. In fact, I was in a dilemma in deciding which one to buy, G or IS. Although I ended up with the IS350, G still gets a lot of my respect, and I just saw one gray 07 or 08 G sedan being lowered with 20" rims and roof spoiler, being driven by a cute girl, I was so happy to see that. I test drove both Sport and Journey and I felt more sportiness and less luxury in G than in IS. I have been a 2003 G35 sedan owner for 5 whole years and I didn't regret a bit buying that car, a true sports sedan with a great value.

Quick Reply: 2006 lexus is350 vs 2007 infiniti g35 sedan..which would u pick?