Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

No Lexus for me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-07, 09:07 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No Lexus for me.(update)

Ok, so this week iv been going to every dealership in dallas and was looking for a 2IS. My mom wanted the Escalade so we looked for one too. We ended up not finding a lexus so i decided to just go with an escalade that i can drive till i leave for college. Well my mom found out the MPG for the escalade and decided she didnt want it anymore. So we had no lexus or escalade. We decided to go look at Acura. i really hated the dealership, they were mean and every question i asked they wernt even listening so i had to repeat everything twice and then i told them i didnt like it and they said that i said i was going to get one and its a big mess. But no acura either. I find a Black 07 IS250 about 45 mins away from here. My mom said i can get it but today i decided not to be a spoiled kid so i said no, ill just drive a cheaper used car and then i can buy the lexus when im out of college or something. So what other cars do you guys think is good thats cheaper and still nice looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~update~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, so now since that theres a hybrid escalade comeing out next year my mom said shes going to wait for that and i can get my lexus this year. Soooo i do get a is350!
now my question is, do u guys think i can get a good deal on a 06 or 07 lexus is350 with navi for about 30. I dont really car on how much mileage it has. i found one on ebay near me but its price is 40k and i did a kelly blue book on it and its value is about 30. So do i ask them why the price is so high?

heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by iKenn; 11-09-07 at 06:06 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-27-07, 09:10 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

What's your budget?
Old 10-27-07, 09:13 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

25 grand....
Old 10-27-07, 09:28 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

camry or accord...

or tsx ?
Old 10-27-07, 09:37 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
camry or accord...

or tsx ?
i didnt really like the TSX, felt really slow and the steering was stiff
Old 10-27-07, 09:42 AM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New or used?
Old 10-27-07, 09:49 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by PetesLS400
New or used?
As in which am i looking for? or did i drive a new or used tsx.

i test drove a new 08 TSX

and im looking for a new or used just as long as its about 25grand
Old 10-27-07, 09:54 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

For $25k I would consider the Altima Coupe. If you look around for a good deal, you will still have some leftover for new wheels. It won't be as reliable as a Lexus or Toyota but it has decent power looks pretty good.
Old 10-27-07, 10:03 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Go ahead and save yourself and family alot of trouble & heahaches and get the the IS250. You'll have nothing to worry about for the next 20 years thats if you want to keep it that long.. A decked out accord is in the same ballbark so why the heck not get the 250..
Old 10-27-07, 10:06 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Or you could get a used G35 coupe
Old 10-27-07, 10:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

First of all, for 25K or so, what are your priorities in a vehicle? You didn't say in your opening post. In other words, what do you need from it, or expect from it? How many people do you normally carry? How much insurance can you afford? What is more important.....ride comfort or handling? Do you often carry large things in the cargo area? Do you need a lot of headroom or legroom? How important is reliability? How important is gas mileage.....and regular or premium gas? How important is warranty length? Do you often drive in bad weather and need all-wheel-drive? Do you often have to fit into small parking spaces? All these things need to be looked at before you decide on a vehicle.....or we can give you any good advice.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-27-07 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-27-07, 10:11 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what about accord coupe?
Old 10-27-07, 10:21 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can get a nice TL for 25K, and even a 2004-2005 GS430.
Old 10-27-07, 10:34 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Originally Posted by mmarshall
First of all, for 25K or so, what are your priorities in a vehicle? You didn't say in your opening post. In other words, what do you need from it, or expect from it? How many people do you normally carry? How much insurance can you afford? What is more important.....ride comfort or handling? Do you often carry large things in the cargo area? Do you need a lot of headroom or legroom? How important is reliability? How important is gas mileage.....and regular or premium gas? How important is warranty length? Do you often drive in bad weather and need all-wheel-drive? Do you often have to fit into small parking spaces? All these things need to be looked at before you decide on a vehicle.....or we can give you any good advice.
Oh, good point. Im looking for a car that i can drive to school in but at night go to a classy party. Im not expexting much just something nice. I carry about 3 people so it dosnt have to be really big. I dont really know for insurance, right now im fully covered for nothing untill im 21 so insurance isnt a prob. Handling is more important, Safety first. Dont need cargo space, i just carry books. Im short so Head or leg room dosnt matter, reliability is a big factor. Gas mileage isnt that important for me. Warranty is not that big of a deal. Texas does have bad weather from time to time but not that often, AWD would be nice but its not mandatory. As for the small parking spaces. We do have small parking spots here but if i cant fit and open my door ill look for another spot instead getting in dent in the side.
Old 10-27-07, 10:39 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

oh, also Navi would nice if possible.

Quick Reply: No Lexus for me.