Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Police use ground-shaking subwoofers to move traffic

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 07:45 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This to me makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.....
Old 10-30-07, 07:59 PM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think this is a very practical idea, but I do agree with what they say about people not noticing emergency vehicles, visually or audibly. I don't see this idea working for very long if at all.
Old 10-30-07, 08:03 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Inaudible tones can wreak havoc on your internal organs. I wouldn't want to be the officer that has to drive that vehicle... after a while, it's going to take a toll on their body. Just think about those cars that have systems (like I did back in the day). I used to come home almost every day with a migraine headache after listening to my system... now, imagine an inaudible tone pumped out at a MUCH lower frequency, repeatedly...
Old 10-30-07, 08:08 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

interesting lol

honestly just put many cameras up all over the place. if people dont move, get their license. With that take their license and car away. That is how I would do it.
Old 10-31-07, 03:47 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

hah good luck here in So Cal, every dropped car has a system that would put that one to shame blaring, it will just fade into the backround of all the other systems. Good waste of $$$, I can't wait until the first cop cars with "rumblers" start getting their systems jacked, I know its coming.
Old 11-01-07, 12:09 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, put it this way guys, if it does get approved for all places, it gives everyone a greater chance of actually escaping the cops because its bound to be really heavy
Old 11-01-07, 02:33 AM
FiSta
Lead Lap

very interesting...
Old 11-01-07, 02:42 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I never understood this concern before. Once we had a coworker from the mainland say she was amazed at how the drivers in my state actually pulled over to let emergincy vehicles pass even in peak traffic hours. She was from Miami and said people there would pay no attention and seemlingly refused to make room for emergincy vehicles almost in defience.

Anyway, I was watching this one show on cable where these ambulance drivers were being interviewed about how difficult it is to get through traffic because people just don't get out of the way. The recalled one time when they were making their way through heavy traffic (Traffic was backed up because of a big accident up a head) they past this one guy who gave them the middle finger. A few moments later after they arrived at the scene and were working on the injured, they see the same guy that gave them the middle finger come out of his car. Turns out one of the accident victoms was his mother. Obviously he had a different attitude now.