Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mystery Hyundai Luxury Prototype Sedan Spied with New Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-07, 07:47 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Mystery Hyundai Luxury Prototype Sedan Spied with New Genesis

Mystery Hyundai Luxury Prototype Sedan Spied with New Genesis

Spy photographers have been chasing down Hyundai's new full-size executive sedan since it debuted as the Concept Genesis at the New York Auto Show in spring of 2007. To be launched in 2008, the Hyundai Genesis will be Hyundai's first rear-wheel-drive V8 model and it is set to replace the front-wheel-drive Hyundai Equus. It was thought the Genesis would be the top-of-the-range E-segment model, however, these latest spy images show an unknown, bigger F-segment luxury sedan testing next to the Hyundai Genesis prototype amongst other benchmark vehicles from Lexus and Cadillac. Sources state the more prestigious luxury sedan will be available on all major markets throughout the world and equipped with a user interface similar to BMW's iDrive system as well as V6 and V8 engines producing 250 bhp to over 350 bhp. The unnamed luxury saloon is expected to debut in 2009.
via worldcarfans
Old 11-05-07, 07:51 PM
LexFather

That looks like a long wheelbase Azera. Nice.

Old 11-06-07, 02:51 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys I was on Prospect ave. right off I84 on the Htfd./West Htfd. line and I spoke to the driver of said vehicle. Obviously maybe not the exact car however it was the SAME model. He was asking for an alternative route to the airport. I checked out the interior and can honestly say that it was gorgeous. I am thinking it was the Genesis. Black on black but all masked up and stuff....

BTW... this car was BIG
Old 11-06-07, 03:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Hyundai was supposed to bring the Equus over here fron South Korea, but for some reason, never did.

As a closet Hyundai fan, I can't wait to see and review this car....and see how it compares to the larger rear-drive Lexus sedans.

Those wheels, though, are awful.........they look more like the compressor of a jet turbine than something that belongs on a car.
Old 11-06-07, 05:40 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like the LS exhaust style caught on.
Old 11-06-07, 11:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
looks like the LS exhaust style caught on.
Unfortunately. I'm not against the LS though, it's a terrific car - I just don't like that detail (on it or any other vehicle just to be clear for TRDFantasy ).
Old 11-07-07, 07:31 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Unfortunately. I'm not against the LS though, it's a terrific car - I just don't like that detail (on it or any other vehicle just to be clear for TRDFantasy ).
LOL! +1

Hyundai has the opportunity to really score some dramatic wins with a high quality reasonably priced large car (even if they do keep the current exhaust).