Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota reports record revenues and income for third quarter

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 07:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Toyota reports record revenues and income for third quarter

Toyota reports record revenues and income for third quarter

November 7th, 2007

Toyota today announced record net income for the first half of its fiscal year with 942.4 billion yen (or $8 billion), which is up 21.3% from the same period last year. Toyota’s fiscal year starts in April. The company also reported record revenues for the six-month period with 13.01 trillion yen ($110 billion), up 13.4% from the same period last year.

While sales in its home market fell, vehicle sales in North America totaled 1.497 million units, an increase of 33 thousand units, due to steady sales including the redesigned Tundra and the Prius. In Europe, vehicle sales increased by 46 thousand units, to 635 thousand units, due to strong sales of the redesigned Corolla and the Auris. Sales in Asia increased by 70 thousand units, to 452 thousand units.

In Japan, vehicle sales decreased by 67 thousand units. Operating income increased by 88.9 billion yen, to 773.3 billion yen.

“We aim to achieve higher levels of revenues and profits through further increase of vehicle sales and cost reductions,” executive vice president Mitsuo Kino****a said in a press release.

Toyota estimates global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008 to be 8.93 million vehicles.
via egmcartech
Old 11-07-07, 07:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder why sales went down in Japan? I know that Lexus models are doing good, but are the Japanese versions of Toyota products getting old?
Old 11-07-07, 07:17 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
via egmcartech
“We aim to achieve higher levels of revenues and profits through further increase of vehicle sales and cost reductions,” executive vice president Mitsuo Kino****a said in a press release.

If their goal is to increase sale and cut cost.. they have achieved it!...Comparing the current vehicles to previous ones especially the material used for the interior..... they cut cost alright.
Old 11-07-07, 09:04 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I wonder why sales went down in Japan? I know that Lexus models are doing good, but are the Japanese versions of Toyota products getting old?
the Japanese market is down for everyone.
Old 11-07-07, 09:21 AM
LexFather

Stock price is not really going up though. Can I get a split!!!

Note to Toyota-take some profit, build SUpra, MR2, GS-F, LS-F, SC-F ASAP. Oh and fix the Tundra tailgate and other quality issues.
Sincerely

1SICKLEX

Old 11-07-07, 09:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by newr

If their goal is to increase sale and cut cost.. they have achieved it!...Comparing the current vehicles to previous ones especially the material used for the interior..... they cut cost alright.
you need to think of something new... I was watching DSF today and their well known auto show, and ze germans were complaining about hard plastics in new C class... few months ago, they liked Lexus interior a lot :-).
Old 11-07-07, 11:20 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
you need to think of something new... I was watching DSF today and their well known auto show, and ze germans were complaining about hard plastics in new C class... few months ago, they liked Lexus interior a lot :-).
If you must know, I too complain about the hard plastics in my C-Class and I love Lexus interior.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Oh and fix the Tundra tailgate and other quality issues.
That's exactly my point. Because of their expansion, quality has dropped so making that comment to keep on increasing sales and cutting cost is not smart for a VP.

Old 11-07-07, 10:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What show is DSF? Anyhow I hope Toyota puts some more of this record $$$ into quality control to maintain their reputation, so they can keep having great sales.