Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Nisaan Murano (updated with MMC facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-07, 11:38 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

By the way, does it share the same platform as the EX/FX?
Its shares the same platform as the FX. The EX is the same as the Nissan Rogue.
Old 11-10-07, 11:40 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
Um.... the RX I would say did that.
Actually the Murano did.
Old 11-10-07, 05:23 PM
LexFather

Old 11-10-07, 06:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MoLexus
Its shares the same platform as the FX. The EX is the same as the Nissan Rogue.
Actually, Nissan says the EX and Rogue are not the same platform......but, like you, I'm not sure I believe it. Auto marketing people are notorious for double-talk and BS. It sure looks to me like a common platform, although the EX is slightly larger.
Old 11-10-07, 07:51 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow... I might be one of the rare people that actually like this design. The rear looks better on the Murano than on the Rogue and the front looks Euro Civic-ish.

Also, did anyone notice the row of LEDs in the headlights? Or are those separate small projector lenses?
Old 11-11-07, 06:21 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Actually, Nissan says the EX and Rogue are not the same platform......but, like you, I'm not sure I believe it. Auto marketing people are notorious for double-talk and BS. It sure looks to me like a common platform, although the EX is slightly larger.
If the EX is based on the same platform as Rogue then so is the G35 since the EX is essentially a G35 (both based on advanced versions of the FM platform). I don't see how you an say they're the same platform. The Rogue is built off the Sentra's platform.
Old 11-11-07, 05:02 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Nissan's designers are working with the Hyundai design team now.
Originally Posted by mmarshall
Why do you say that? While, of course, we don't know what the interior looks like, I don't see anything about the exterior of this vehicle that looks like anything Hyundai sells in the American market.
I meant it's ugly. Sorry mmarshall, I know you like the direction Hyundai is heading, and I must agree. But I do not think their previous designs have been attractive, and neither is this Murano.
Old 11-11-07, 05:13 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'd hit it................with a Dump Truck
Old 11-11-07, 10:43 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedflex
If the EX is based on the same platform as Rogue then so is the G35 since the EX is essentially a G35 (both based on advanced versions of the FM platform). I don't see how you an say they're the same platform. The Rogue is built off the Sentra's platform.
See I read that the EX is based on a G Platform but honestly I think they are just trying to market it so far from Nissan to push more sales. I really believe its probably the underpinnings of the G and not the platform. Now the Rogue being based on the Sentras platform sounds alittle farfetched to me......
Old 11-12-07, 04:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
I wasn't the one saying it. Nissan says the the Rogue and EX are not the same platform. I'm not convinced, but then, of course, my opinion is not supreme either.......I'm not one of the engineers who actually designed it.

The old FX series, the way I understand it, was actually done on the same platform as the G35/M35/M45...it is unlikely, of course (but still possible), that the EX is also the same platform. If that is the case, and Nissan did, in fact, find a way to source the EX and FX from the same platform, it would, of course, be a good cost-cuttting feature.
Old 11-12-07, 04:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I meant it's ugly. Sorry mmarshall, I know you like the direction Hyundai is heading, and I must agree. But I do not think their previous designs have been attractive, and neither is this Murano.
I'm with you on the Murano (I have never liked its looks...even the new one) and on older Hyundais. But it is hard to knock newer Hyundais, quality-wise. Styling, of course, is another matter.....that is a more or less personal matter, and personal tastes vary. Heck, I've seen people who even LIKED the Pontiac Aztek. While shopping at Pontiac/GMC dealer with my ex-boss for a new Yukon for him, I watched a young couple come in, test-drive a white Aztek, and take it home a hour later.
Old 11-12-07, 05:04 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Old 11-12-07, 05:04 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Old 11-12-07, 05:47 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoLexus
Actually the Murano did.
How do you figure? The RX300 was available in 1997 and the Murano came in 6 years later. I've almost always heard that the RX was the car to start the cross-over craze.
Old 11-12-07, 07:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Koma
How do you figure? The RX300 was available in 1997 and the Murano came in 6 years later. I've almost always heard that the RX was the car to start the cross-over craze.
Toyota was first with the Rav-4. Then Honda came with the CR-V.
The RX 300 was the first luxury car based SUV, which cleary reinvented the segment and is still the market leader today.

Quick Reply: 2009 Nisaan Murano (updated with MMC facelift)