Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Quick help regrading getting your car washed at Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 10:03 AM
iameric
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick help regrading getting your car washed at Lexus

So I'm about to go to Lexus at 3 CST, once I'm done with my Microeconomics test, and I'm going to get my 5k inspection done, and they wanted to know if I wanted them to wash my car. I told them yes, but now after checking out the Car Washing section I saw most people would decline to a free car wash from Lexus, now im sort of worried about getting my car washed there. I'm not expecting the car to stay clean for too long since in 3 days I'm driving back to Dallas and it's a 350 mile drive so the front of my car's going to be a bug graveyard. But still what do you all think is it worth getting the car wash or no?
Old 11-16-07, 10:09 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive actually seen them with brooms at my lexus stealership, BUT since your car is white it wont be as bad as someone with black.
Old 11-16-07, 10:44 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's done is done, don't let it bother you. Once you get there just inspect your car, 80% of the time nothing happens so you could be one of the lucky ones
Old 11-16-07, 12:28 PM
iameric
Driver

Oh god, what's happened to peoples cars? I haven't brought my car their yet but I am in 30 minutes so I don't have to get it washed...
Old 11-16-07, 12:47 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Which dealership?
Old 11-16-07, 01:34 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Dont get it washed, youre going on a road trip anyways. However, since your car is white, you wont be able to notice swirl marks as much as black. That is what happened to other people with dark color cars, they get swirl marks after getting car wash from lexus.
Old 11-16-07, 05:31 PM
iameric
Driver

So I got my car washed at Lexus and they did an immaculate job, there's no wash or swirl marks anywhere on my car and it shines like new, the interior was cleaned well also.
A+ to Alderson Lexus in good ol' Lubbock, Tx.

Also apparently last night when I was going to a club there was quite a big pot hole in the parking lot and unfortunately I didn't see and when I hit it I ended up slightly cracking my front drivers side of my ground effects kit. The crack has to be about half a centimeter and the kit was hanging about a half centimeter lower then it should've been. And thankfully Lexus took a look at everything and managed to fix most of it, the front drivers side of the ground effects kit bows out about a millimeter or so from the actually body kit and it puts a little shadow which has been bugging me.