Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-07, 04:13 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the big deal? Clearly the spots at the front of the store were not hard to find and the ones in the back are totally empty, as can be seen in the side view mirror. Was the store even open?

It's one thing if the parking lot is almost full, but this is as empty as it gets.
Old 11-18-07, 04:13 PM
LexFather

So I'm leaving Zaxby's tonight, this is about 30 minutes ago, Acura RL, parked in 2 spaces....it was like they did it for my thread!!!

Old 11-18-07, 04:20 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It shouldn't, though.

People park like that for a reason...often a good one. They are trying to take good care of their cars (which too many people DON'T do), so if I saw that, I would respect their efforts.......the LAST thing I would want to do is take out a key, scratch their car, and not only ruin their efforts but break the law as well by committing vandalism.
I thought all spaces in America were wide lol.
Old 11-18-07, 04:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So I'm leaving Zaxby's tonight, this is about 30 minutes ago, Acura RL, parked in 2 spaces....it was like they did it for my thread!!!
They did that on purpose because they know about this thread.
It's a conspiracy Mike.
Old 11-18-07, 04:31 PM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
They did that on purpose because they know about this thread.
It's a conspiracy Mike.
Liz, I swear, I'm walking out and its parked right there. I'm thinking "this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to easy"

81% at this rate

Old 11-18-07, 04:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

A few friends of mine used to grab the smaller cars and put them in their proper space .
Old 11-18-07, 04:39 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Talking Take Action!!

Most of you feel he same way I do when it comes to clowns parking and taking up more than one spot, or just plan parking like Helen Keller.

I think everyone should take a look at the web site and take action.

http://www.youparklikean*******.com/

I keep a stack of flyers in my glove box when I drive:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
notice_1.pdf (23.4 KB, 390 views)
Old 11-18-07, 04:45 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS250SoCal
Most of you feel he same way I do when it comes to clowns parking and taking up more than one spot, or just plan parking like Helen Keller.

I think everyone should take a look at the web site and take action.

http://www.youparklikean*******.com/

I keep a stack of flyers in my glove box when I drive:
HAHAHAHAH, this is hilarious!!!

Old 11-18-07, 05:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

So you're finally seing some RL's on the road (or at least in the parking lot)?

Anyhow, the guy probably didn't care much about keys...........the clearcoat paint on the RL is so good that it takes an awful lot to scratch it by getting something trough the clearcoat layer and damage it. Hulk Hogan would have to do it.

(yes, I'm kidding, but it is a first-rate paint job).
Old 11-18-07, 05:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I thought all spaces in America were wide lol.
Not where making money is concerned (and that covers a LOT of places, of course).

Most buisness owners want as a many cars.....and customers.....as possible to be able to come and go.....even if it means shoehorning into undersized or narrow parking spaces. The more spaces they can paint off on any given lot, the more potential customers.....and money...they make.

Believe it or not, some of the best answers to narrow parking spaces....and wide vehicles.......are the sliding doors you see on most minivans.
Old 11-18-07, 05:33 PM
LexFather

So you're finally seing some RL's on the road (or at least in the parking lot)?

Anyhow, the guy probably didn't care much about keys...........the clearcoat paint on the RL is so good that it takes an awful lot to scratch it by getting something trough the clearcoat layer and damage it. Hulk Hogan would have to do it.

(yes, I'm kidding, but it is a first-rate paint job).
I mean, parking in 2 spots is as ghey as it gets but I hope no one here would key someone's car for it....thats just not cool

Old 11-18-07, 05:34 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

It's been said before, but both these pics show cars with nobody around. What's the big deal taking up 2 spaces when there's nobody else there?

I don't double park because I don't want some idiot keying my car, but I usually park far away in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes I come out and find that somebody's STILL parked right beside me.
Old 11-18-07, 05:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I mean, parking in 2 spots is as ghey as it gets but I hope no one here would key someone's car for it....thats just not cool
Of course not. I was just kidding with you. But there are jerks out there who think nothing of a good key swipe.

I sometimes park that way myself to avoid door dings....but NEVER in a crowded lot......as you say, that is a sure way to p**s people off. If I HAVE to park in a crowded lot for any reason, I'll look for the best-available protected space, park normally, and just take my chances.
Old 11-18-07, 05:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by thetopdog
It's been said before, but both these pics show cars with nobody around. What's the big deal taking up 2 spaces when there's nobody else there?

I don't double park because I don't want some idiot keying my car, but I usually park far away in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes I come out and find that somebody's STILL parked right beside me.
Seriously, today, I go out for a drive, its nice outside. This is what I observe.

Not 8 houses down after I back up out the driveway, some kids are throwing football in the street. I go slow, wave, they wave back. As I pull up to the stop sign to turn left, wouldn't you know a new black 2008 Accord sedan doesn't stop, just turns right on the corner. He revs the engine and proceeds to speed, I look as he slams on the brakes as he sees the kids in the street.

On the way back from cruising, a 2001 or so Accord sedan, well this guy decides to turn left into a one way lane. In other words, he turned left into a lane that is one way. Half his car is street and he has now blocked the flow of traffic to turn left, as there is no light.

Then I go to eat, and the pic of the RL.

Coincidence? I think not.

Of course not. I was just kidding with you. But there are jerks out there who think nothing of a good key swipe.

I sometimes park that way myself to avoid door dings....but NEVER in a crowded lot......as you say, that is a sure way to p**s people off. If I HAVE to park in a crowded lot for any reason, I'll look for the best-available protected space, park normally, and just take my chances.
I mean, there is nothing in my brain that says "hey, lets park in 2 spots". When I park, I park like a normal human being. If I don't want to be bothered, I will park by the island or 3 miles away and just walk to wherever I am going.

Old 11-18-07, 05:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

=1SICKLEX;3064792]

I mean, there is nothing in my brain that says "hey, lets park in 2 spots". When I park, I park like a normal human being. If I don't want to be bothered, I will park by the island or 3 miles away and just walk to wherever I am going.
Yep.....and with the insane traffic level in some areas (rush hour where I live is one of them, and I know Atlanta's bad too) you can actually make better time on foot.

Quick Reply: So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...