Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-07, 06:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yep.....and with the insane traffic level in some areas (rush hour where I live is one of them, and I know Atlanta's bad too) you can actually make better time on foot.

I agree!

Old 11-18-07, 06:25 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know how 1Sick feels about seeing cars parking 2 spot like that. It's got nothing to do with the parking lot being full or empty. It's all about " Look at me"

This Chevy was park in my hood... No keyed or egged involved...

Old 11-18-07, 06:27 PM
LexFather

^^^ DAMN!!!! lol

Old 11-18-07, 07:08 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my favorite is the at the irvine spectrum. freaking irvine. Not to mention newport beach and laguna beach. Nobody freaking knows how to park anywhere in orange county. I was up there last night and to get back in my friend's SL, he had to remote open the convertible top and we climbed in over the trunk because two idiot SUVs parked super close to us.

apparently NOBODY knows how to park anywhere around there
Old 11-18-07, 07:09 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
I know how 1Sick feels about seeing cars parking 2 spot like that. It's got nothing to do with the parking lot being full or empty. It's all about " Look at me"

This Chevy was park in my hood... No keyed or egged involved...

LOL!!

I would have left a notice!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
notice_1.pdf (23.4 KB, 218 views)
Old 11-18-07, 07:55 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

It shouldn't, though.

People park like that for a reason...often a good one. They are trying to take good care of their cars (which too many people DON'T do), so if I saw that, I would respect their efforts.......the LAST thing I would want to do is take out a key, scratch their car, and not only ruin their efforts but break the law as well by committing vandalism.
I can promise you I'm about as **** as humanly possible with my car; but it's common sense. In a major metro area the idea is to park *smart*, that means away from the bulk of the cars but legally, and inconspicuously. Parking like the guys in this thread *draws* attention to the car, and that attention is almost always negative. Not only that, but in a lot where there is any sort of push for spot the person has just said "fu" to everyone else by taking two. I would never, ever, ever agree to vandalizing someones car; my *job* is fixing crap like that; but guys who park like this have to know they are increasing the likelyhood of it happening.
Old 11-18-07, 09:04 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course not. I was just kidding with you. But there are jerks out there who think nothing of a good key swipe.

I sometimes park that way myself to avoid door dings....but NEVER in a crowded lot......as you say, that is a sure way to p**s people off. If I HAVE to park in a crowded lot for any reason, I'll look for the best-available protected space, park normally, and just take my chances.
I've been a little fortunate enough to own some decently nice cars like my Lexus cars or my NSX. I have NEVER used two parking stalls ever and I like to think I take pride in my cars, I enter them in car shows, and don't want door dings like the any other person. However, it is plain rude to take up two stalls. It is a "My car is nicer than yours so it derves two stalls for its protection" type of attitude. I'm glad some private parking lots like malls and whatnot ticket you for such bad behavior. It doesn't matter if you are the only car in the entire parking lot.

While I mentioned above that if I were not a better human being I myself might have the urge to key their car, I won't do that because I'm better than that, but if I saw someone elses car (Not matter if it were a nice car or a beater) get keyed for taking up two spots I could't care less. Those that put themselves in bad situations deserve whatever they get.
Old 11-18-07, 10:09 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I've been a little fortunate enough to own some decently nice cars like my Lexus cars or my NSX. I have NEVER used two parking stalls ever and I like to think I take pride in my cars, I enter them in car shows, and don't want door dings like the any other person. However, it is plain rude to take up two stalls. It is a "My car is nicer than yours so it derves two stalls for its protection" type of attitude. I'm glad some private parking lots like malls and whatnot ticket you for such bad behavior. It doesn't matter if you are the only car in the entire parking lot.

While I mentioned above that if I were not a better human being I myself might have the urge to key their car, I won't do that because I'm better than that, but if I saw someone elses car (Not matter if it were a nice car or a beater) get keyed for taking up two spots I could't care less. Those that put themselves in bad situations deserve whatever they get.

Couldnt of said it better myself!!
Old 11-18-07, 10:22 PM
32SC
Pit Crew

Last weekend while i was looking for a parking space at ontario mills, a 350z was taking up 4 spots(quadruple parked?)
Most of the cars that I've seen double parked are not even that nice...
Old 11-18-07, 10:48 PM
MarkW2005

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Some people are just sloppy and selfish.

I'm always careful where I park my Lexus. I check to make sure I park my Lexus between the white lines, and to make sure that both sides of my Lexus have plenty of space for people to move back and forth.
Old 11-18-07, 10:59 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 32SC
Last weekend while i was looking for a parking space at ontario mills, a 350z was taking up 4 spots(quadruple parked?)
Most of the cars that I've seen double parked are not even that nice...

People are crazy ghetto like that when it comes to The Mills. I hear car horror stories about that place all the time.

I always see people with all their windows down blarin music. And the best part is its always a Honda Civic!!!
Old 11-18-07, 11:02 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Mike... It's ATLANTA!!! Would you expect anything less from the world's worst and most inconsiderate drivers????
Old 11-19-07, 01:53 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not where making money is concerned (and that covers a LOT of places, of course).

Most buisness owners want as a many cars.....and customers.....as possible to be able to come and go.....even if it means shoehorning into undersized or narrow parking spaces. The more spaces they can paint off on any given lot, the more potential customers.....and money...they make.

Believe it or not, some of the best answers to narrow parking spaces....and wide vehicles.......are the sliding doors you see on most minivans.
Makes sense... wonder how the Suburbans and Escalade ESVs are making out..

Yeah.. like the Peugeot 1007 lol.
Old 11-19-07, 02:46 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

simple, woman driver.

i keed, i keed.
Old 11-19-07, 06:13 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nextourer
I thought all spaces in America were wide lol.
At the mall by where I live in texas, the compact car spaces can nearly fit a GMC Yukon.

Quick Reply: So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...