Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 12:26 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ahhhh, this gem happened today, parked behind me....and guess what they drive
Ha, this is a great thread. Love the updates 1SICKLEX
Old 01-30-08, 01:25 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i really dont care as long as it's not a close spot by the entrance.

and that ferrari...what a wuss. if you're gonna take up more than one spot, park it in the middle. they **** me off even more than people who completely take up two spots.

what really irritates me more than ppl taking up multiple spots are those people who put their emergency on and load their grocery right by the door b/c it's cold/lazy. And they usually do it right where it's do not park for fire engines and walkways.
Old 01-30-08, 07:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

if they park in the back far away from everyone, and its not crowded I couldnt care less if they took up 4 spots.
Old 01-30-08, 07:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by leedogg
1) those lines are faded to be almost meaningless
2) parking on the side like that is almost always determined by the available space in front/behind you.
3) seeing as how much space is behind your car, I'd love to see a picture of the front of YOUR car. Seems like hes more respectful of putting space between you, than you are of the guy in front of you.
4) is that a hint of prejudice?
1) So parking lines are meaningless. You probably own a Honda and are defending this nut.
2) I was parked correctly, so strike two.
3) Again, I was parked in my zone correctly, strike three.
4) Not really, just CLEARLY showing this is NOT a coincidence, looking at the pics I post.

You are the SAME guy that said the new Pilot looks good and we all said it looks like crap and well, a press release was just added that shows, well it is crap.

You=no credibility. Me= Member approved and proven.

Old 01-30-08, 07:45 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
i really dont care as long as it's not a close spot by the entrance.

and that ferrari...what a wuss. if you're gonna take up more than one spot, park it in the middle. they **** me off even more than people who completely take up two spots.

what really irritates me more than ppl taking up multiple spots are those people who put their emergency on and load their grocery right by the door b/c it's cold/lazy. And they usually do it right where it's do not park for fire engines and walkways.
Yes he should of parked straight like I did

Old 01-30-08, 08:03 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhhh, this gem happened today, parked behind me....and guess what they drive

I really don't see anything wrong with that. It looks like you have equal amount of space between you and the land Over in front of you, and looks like you have dictate the position of his parking if he parked after you did.

I think you just hate HONDAs.
Old 01-30-08, 08:16 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
I really don't see anything wrong with that. It looks like you have equal amount of space between you and the land Over in front of you, and looks like you have dictate the position of his parking if he parked after you did.

I think you just hate HONDAs.
Sounds hypocritical to me as well.
But...but I thought it was not about badge. Oh, but there is book value What is the book on that 04/05 Accord & 00 GS400 ?

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 01-30-08 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-30-08, 08:47 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
. Oh, but there is book value What is the book on that 04/05 Accord & 00 GS400 ?
buy one get one free. both for 29.99$ + tax.

I was just messing with my previous post. forgot to put ""
Old 01-30-08, 01:03 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

i say screw all of you and park where i damn want to jk it dont bug that people take up two spots, unless its at the sabres game where the parking ramp spots are limited and you make us park on the top UNCOVERED floor, and i think1SICKLEX is just making a joke, hes not really serious bout this stuff, o and a side note DASHOCKER your gs is TIGHT!!!! but id still rather have the ferrari
Old 01-30-08, 08:57 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

1) So parking lines are meaningless. You probably own a Honda and are defending this nut.
2) I was parked correctly, so strike two.
3) Again, I was parked in my zone correctly, strike three.
4) Not really, just CLEARLY showing this is NOT a coincidence, looking at the pics I post.

You are the SAME guy that said the new Pilot looks good and we all said it looks like crap and well, a press release was just added that shows, well it is crap.

You=no credibility. Me= Member approved and proven.
Calling it like I see it. Your internet credibility extends as far as your prejudice against Hondas, and apparantly to people who like Honda designs as well. Your belief that I own a Honda, and am therefor on "this guy's" side whoever the hell he is and why I care about his side (would this be the honda side?) also speaks volumes.
Old 01-31-08, 04:18 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, taking two parking spaces is the worst parking situation to be in, simply because it paints a big red bullseye on your car. Haters aim for the bullseye. I would actually feel safer parking between two SUV's
Old 01-31-08, 06:13 AM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 226 Likes on 111 Posts

I got a few for you guys I've been waiting a few years to put these pictures to good use.

Old 01-31-08, 04:31 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

^^^^ O NO HE DID NOT JUST PULL OUT A PIC OF A LEXUS DOUBLE PARKING jk, and for the buicks, well old people can park however they want, it doesn't bug anyone
Old 01-31-08, 07:06 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Well coming out of the movies a few weeks ago, in a very very crowded parking lot in Southern California, my friends and I noticed a nice brand new Brabus Mercedes SLR double parked. This thing was HOT. I guess he felt like parking really really close to the front, taking up two spots, because of the car he drives. He could have parked in the back, or just taken one spot, especially for how packed it was, but he didnt. As I'm checking out his car, I notice the drivers side window. The amount of spit and lugies on it was beyond disgusting. No permanent damage, but he'll get the point. I didnt spit and would never do that, its totally wrong, but I bet he thought twice about that before doing that again...

And I was also wondering when i could post this around here.

I dont know if she was just a bad parker or what, but wow. And take a look at the X5, what are they doing

Last edited by PVlexus; 01-31-08 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-19-08, 06:16 PM
LexFather

Well here is an update on my hobby....damn camera phone...lol.....

At Sams Club just today....Infiniti M35 who is so cool, (cooler than a guy taking these pics, lol) he needs 4 spots

Outside Wal-Mart on night....Caddy STS/SLS

At another Wal-Mart, new Altima thinks yellow lines are there for style

This one had me, a Mazda 626 outside Discount Tire parked crazily!

Quick Reply: So I'm at Linens and Things and this guy parks like this...