Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Walter and Michael?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 01:41 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Walter and Michael?

Posted on VW Vortex forum...

I was leafing through the latest EVO at the bookstore the other day, and came upon the following tidbit, which I think is just hilarious:

Porsche got hold of a Ferrari 599GTB (a red one, I believe it said) for testing and eval purposes (sizing up what the future GT coupe has to compete against?), and of course, they gave it to Herr Rohrl to take for a spin or two around the Nurburgring.

Well, he's out there, putting it through it's paces, and there's another car, a black one, waaaaaaay out there in front of him. Slowly but surely, over a lap or so, he reels it in. It turns out to be another 599, a black one. He catches up to it, and basically sticks right on it's heels through a good part of a lap. Whoever is driving it is pretty good.

Then, finally, the driver of the black car makes an error on the way in to a turn, and Rohrl shoots past him on the inside, and ends the lap in front.

The driver of the black car comes up next to him after they exit the ring, rolls down his window, and shakes his fist at Rohrl, calling him a "lunatic" with his "unsafe driving."

It was Michael Schumacher.
LOL
Old 11-20-07, 02:32 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAHAh

"lunatic" + "unsafe driving" from Schuey himself....

Rohrl IS badass.
Old 11-20-07, 04:08 PM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

“Pardon me, Do you have any Grey Poupon”