Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder in Limited Edition.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 06:17 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 2008 Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder in Limited Edition.

Nov 27, 2007, 4:22 am

Now the new Boxster RS 60 Spyder is taking up the momentum and purism of that so successful mid-engine two-seater racing car. The front end of this special model taken as a standard feature from Porsche’s SportDesign Package distinguishes the RS 60 Spyder significantly from the Boxster S. A modified exhaust system made up of a sports exhaust combined with a dual tailpipe increases engine output to 303 bhp. Spacer plates move the 19-inch wheels in Porsche SportDesign into an even more prominent position in the wheel arches. Likewise featured as standard, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) ensures both sporting and comfortable driving pleasure at all times.

Paintwork in GT silver metallic is further accentuated by its contrast to the natural leather interior in Carrera red and the roof also finished in red. As an alternative there is also the choice of dark grey natural leather in conjunction with a black roof.

The features and equipment of this special model are likewise very special and sophisticated: Door trim strips made of stainless steel proudly bear the “RS 60 Spyder” model designation, an extra-sporting gearshift lever, special surface grooves in the centre sections of the sports seats and the centre door linings as well as on the steering wheel rim and handbrake lever accentuate the sporting and exclusive ambience of the interior.

The design of the instrument clusters finished at the front in GT silver metallic is equally sporting and dynamic. With the binnacle otherwise positioned above the instrument cluster being dropped on this special model, the large central rev counter and the two circular dials at the outside add a unique and purist touch, presenting the exceptional flair of a racing car also in the cockpit.

This special look is further enhanced by other refined features such as the windscreen frame finished in black and red rear light clusters as well as the centre console, the rear sections of the seat backrests and the rollbars all finished in GT silver metallic and thus harmonising perfectly with the seat belts finished in silver.

Reflecting its model designation, the new Boxster RS 60 Spyder is limited to a Special Edition of 1,960 units proudly bearing a silver-coloured placard on the lid of the glove compartment.

Market launch of the new Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder is starting worldwide in March 2008. Including 19 per cent VAT and country-specific requirements, the retail price in Germany is Euro 63,873, the base price Euro 53,500.
*source

tuningnews.net
Old 11-27-07, 04:11 PM
LexFather

So classic!! I love it!

Old 11-27-07, 04:12 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

meh, its still a boxster
Old 11-27-07, 06:02 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by racinstyle
meh, its still a boxster
And a USD$70k boxster before VAT, at that.
Old 11-27-07, 06:05 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

And there are those that still say to stay away from wheel spacers. Porsche puts them on another of one of their cars.
Car is a looker for sure.
Old 11-27-07, 07:17 PM
Jakex1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boxster is a boxster even with a spyder tag on it
Old 11-27-07, 11:11 PM
josephlee
Driver

love it...
Old 11-28-07, 06:50 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-28-07, 08:11 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I'd rock it
Old 11-28-07, 08:36 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

What's wrong with Boxsters? Sure, they're heavy compared to Miatas, S2Ks, and Elises, but they're one of the only mid-engined 2-seater roadsters around, and the only German one, IIRC.

In fact, I think there are only ten 2-seater roadsters in production where the original design from ground up was the roadster (as opposed to a coupe design converted into a roadster):

Boxster
Elise
Miata
S2K
SL
SLK
Solstice
Sky
TT
Z4

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-28-07, 08:52 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yawn.

At Boxster prices, I could think of about 571 other cars I'd rather own.

Just does nothing for me. Can't put my finger on it...

Drives nice, handles well... just was never a dream car for me.

Still the baby Porsche.

For $70K I could build one hell of a SuperFormance Cobra.
Or buy a used MR2 Turbo, a used NSX, and a nice European vacation.
Old 11-28-07, 05:44 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah, the Boxter gets no respect.
Old 11-28-07, 06:49 PM
Jakex1
Pole Position

probably because the boxster is the X-type of jaguars. Ive driven a S-type boxster and it was amazing, speed + performance-wise as opposed to my ES330 (obviously) but after driving my friends 07 911 turbo, hands down there was no comparison. Yea its a porsche, but does it really feel like you are driving one?
Old 11-28-07, 06:50 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

beautiful ride!
Old 11-28-07, 06:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Jakex1
probably because the boxster is the X-type of jaguars. Ive driven a S-type boxster and it was amazing, speed + performance-wise as opposed to my ES330 (obviously) but after driving my friends 07 911 turbo, hands down there was no comparison. Yea its a porsche, but does it really feel like you are driving one?
Not even close. THe X-type is a classic example of awful platform sharing, awful product, awful execution.
The Boxster is THE convertible to buy and even though it is outgunned with HP, the drive is incredible. I don't recall much anybody beating it in any comparo.

There will be those that make fun b/c its not a 911, then we have to make fun of IS owners b/c they have the entry level model?

No we don't. The IS has its place, as the Boxster.

Quick Reply: 2008 Porsche Boxster RS 60 Spyder in Limited Edition.