Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some pictures to share @ Ferrari event

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 06:30 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by **************
Received a private invitation from Ferrari @ 2007 Auto Show in Los Angels Convention center, here are some photos I took, didn't get to stay long but it was fun especially meeting the 2 new Ferrari F430 Scuderia (blue + red), here are the pictures, enjoy and comments are welcome!

blue f430 scuderia

A Ferrari in Breakwater Blue--just a damn shame.
Old 11-27-07, 07:12 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Scudeira has IS wheels!!

They look like my IS stocks!! lol
Old 11-28-07, 07:05 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you guy's just chop someone else's head on his picture already
Old 11-28-07, 07:16 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by tex2670
I thought it looked pretty gorgeous.
Old 11-28-07, 07:17 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Why don't you guy's just chop someone else's head on his picture already
surprised no one hasnt already!
Old 11-28-07, 07:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
You crazy. It's beautiful! I'd hump it...
Old 11-28-07, 08:01 AM
gs eddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics . Are they gonna release the Scuderia in "babyblue?" cuz if so, I'll take one. (standard poster size is fine. no frame either, I'll use thumbtacks.)
Old 11-28-07, 08:02 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
I don't think it's unreasonable. Maybe it goes something along the lines that he wants pictures of himself with the cars for personal keeping, and this way he can share more pictures of the car without having to release his image onto the internet. Or are you suggesting he should take twice as many pictures just to satisfy those who have a problem with a pixelated mask on a miniscule portion of the picture?

Personally, I'm just happy to get pictures from an event we otherwise wouldn't get to see. And if this type of response is honestly considered an acceptable reaction to getting free images, I'm surprised anyone volunteers them at all.
That's what I do. I have pics I share and pics I keep to myself.
Again, I am just tripping and hopefully, everyone knows that. Jimmy has been cool. Heck, I'm a jerk sometimes and don't mind being called that when I am.
Old 11-28-07, 08:07 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

I never understood this masked face thing either.

If you want to show us the cars, then post the photos of the cars. If you feel the need to show us that you were there with someone famous or at some big event, don't post a pic of yourself and then mask your face out.

ReggieK nailed it with his post.
Old 11-28-07, 09:09 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jimmy:

In pics 2 and 3 with James Del Pozzo, it seems to eb the same pic from 2 sides presumably taken one right after the other. Why then are you wearing different sneakers in each photo? It just caught my attention and seemed odd.

the other thing, if you must hide your identity to everyone presumably because you value your privacy, then why are you so willing to share the identity of others such as James Del Pozzo? you show his face, give us his full name, and also where he works. Seems very odd to give out all this information on someone else when are give out nothing on yourself.

I wonder what others think on this.

Ted
Old 11-28-07, 09:48 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread has turned into a bash Jimmy fest. Almost 24 hours has elapsed and it continues..? Mods? The thread is about the cars not Jimmy You guys ask him to show his face and he chooses not to show it. We have a thread on this board asking members to post pics of themselves.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hall-of-fame-and-voting-booth/92034-pic-of-you-and-your-wife-girlfriend-significant-other.html I don't see the faces of the folks asking Jimmy to show his in the attached thread. Why is that? Where is the "sense of community" that is touted here ? It is not being exhibited in this thread imo. This is the internet, and if he (Jimmy) wants to keep his identity a secret, then respect his choice!
Old 11-28-07, 12:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

While we shouldn't 'bash Jimmy' I believe Jimmy invites it by posting pics with the pixelated face. I've never seen anyone else do that before - and really, what's the point? If you don't want attention, don't post pics of yourself.

Anyway, Jimmy, thanks for sharing the pics of the cars, they're great.
Old 11-28-07, 02:28 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

haha I saw this thread on e46fanatics, gawd i was laughing.
Old 11-28-07, 02:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
This thread has turned into a bash Jimmy fest. Almost 24 hours has elapsed and it continues..? Mods? The thread is about the cars not Jimmy You guys ask him to show his face and he chooses not to show it. We have a thread on this board asking members to post pics of themselves.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92034 I don't see the faces of the folks asking Jimmy to show his in the attached thread. Why is that? Where is the "sense of community" that is touted here ? It is not being exhibited in this thread imo. This is the internet, and if he (Jimmy) wants to keep his identity a secret, then respect his choice!
Jimmy can post any thing he wishes....within the rules of course. So can I. I just wanted to understand the weird behavior. Forgive me, you know how we psychology majors are, we're nutz. We ask a lot of questions. Always trying to understand people and their behavior. He does it too often for me to ignore. But he can also ignore these comments. It's all good. No hating. No bashing. When I said he was acting like a jerk, that's what I think. I also act like a jerk sometimes. Most of us do. I don't have anything against anyone. Especially someone I don't know. If he continues post faceless pics of himself, I'll continue to question it. No biggie.

Heck, I'm tempted to ask the same question elsewhere....I see he's posted these same pics on every site I'm on. I didn't cause I don't want to cause any trouble. I'm not that crazy.

Last edited by Ice350; 11-28-07 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-28-07, 02:38 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Good pics, thanks for posting them.

Was at the Trader Joe's in Newport Coast over the weekend and caught
Jimmy coming out of the Pier One next door:

Quick Reply: Some pictures to share @ Ferrari event