Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I BEEN SCAMMED SELLING MY OWN CAR I AM NOW OUT OF ALOT OF MONEY PLEASE HELP Me !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 10:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
You don't need an attorney or help from anonymous internet car club people whom you don't know - YOU NEED THE AUTHORITIES.

The guys who scammed you is most likely looooong gone, but every day, every hour, every minute that you spend on an internet car club forum is a waste of time. Right now you're pretty much giving the crook "a head start" or he might even be scamming someone else already.

I strongly urge you to file a report asap.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
The guy could live a block away and there's nothing he can do.
Old 12-02-07, 10:59 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The guy could live a block away and there's nothing he can do.
There is something he can do.

He could man up and tell the authorities he was misled into writing $24k on the bill of sale, and showing them bank documents which prove there was a check from a FCU.

Who knows if this crook is on the FBI "watch list" and has been scamming people all over the country. They might be able to track him down through the "stop payment" FCU check.

Just because you got scammed out for $7k, don't keep your mouth shut and "let it go". I would hunt that crook down and do my best to make sure he ends up in jail.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-02-07, 11:01 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

^ Yep, I'd definitely contact the FBI anyway. I was just mentioning this to a friend of mine from school and he suggests that if there's enough dirt out there on this guy and enough people out there who have been screwed, that would help build a case against him. Alone you can't do much in court, but with many people and sufficient evidence you could have a case, and especially so if the FBI already has a file on him. In that situation the stop check would be valuable as evidence.
Old 12-02-07, 11:03 AM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

this is going to be a difficult case... hmm maybe it was better to sell it to the dealer and get 1k-1.5k less... than having to spend the time to go through this...but go to the FBI anyways
Old 12-02-07, 11:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

He could man up and tell the authorities he was misled into writing $24k on the bill of sale, and showing them bank documents which prove there was a check from a FCU.

Who knows if this crook is on the FBI "watch list" and has been scamming people all over the country. They might be able to track him down through the "stop payment" FCU check.

Just because you got scammed out for $7k, don't just keep your mouth shut and "let it go". I would hunt that crook down and do my best to make sure he ends up in jail.

Just my 2 cents.
C'mon!
He was mislead into doing something illegal?
The scammer can say that was a deposit check and decided to pay the whole $24K.The scammer gave him a check for $24K.The same $24K that's on the bill of sale.That's what hurts him.
He does have nothing to lose but time to try and get his money back,though.
I believe he got screwed being an accessory to a crime...
Old 12-02-07, 11:07 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Well the FBI or police cant do anything. The fact of the matter is my Bill Of Sale said 24K, and the Title at the DMV said 24K too. But Im trying to get a criminal attorney or civil to help me. The dude is from Chicago, I verified his license and made copy too.
Old 12-02-07, 11:14 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Joeb427
C'mon!
He was mislead into doing something illegal?
The scammer can say that was a deposit check and decided to pay the whole $24K.The scammer gave him a check for $24K.The same $24K that's on the bill of sale.That's what hurts him.
He does have nothing to lose but time to try and get his money back,though.
I believe he got screwed being an accessory to a crime...
No he probably won't ever get his $7k back, but I think he should contact the authorities immediately and tell them everything. They're not going to care about some kid who was misled - the FBI want the "big fish".

There are lots of car theft scams in the entire country. I hear much of it and it's crazy how inventive/sophisticated some of these scams are. There are special task forces the authorities have working on catching these crooks.

Time spent on helping put these crooks behind bars (or deported in some cases) is time well spent. My motto is if I can't "save myself" then I will try to save others.
He's out the $7k, we all agree on that, but please call the authorities. Every little bit helps.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 12-02-07 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-02-07, 11:15 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Just because you got scammed out for $7k, don't just keep your mouth shut and "let it go". I would hunt that crook down and do my best to make sure he ends up in jail.

Just my 2 cents.
Part of me agrees with your 2 cents and part of me thinks that when you were a willing accomplice in a scheme to defraud the state of Illinois tax revenue by creating a bogus bill of sale on an automobile maybe the phrase, "not having a leg to stand on", might be operative here.

He claims to have a verbal agreement for a purchase price over that reflected by the documentation and it is very much his word against the buyers here and the buyer is backed up by a valid bill of sale. Your point that the buyer may have a history of this would be one that could help the sellers case and is a good one.
Old 12-02-07, 11:15 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by andsimp2
Well the FBI or police cant do anything. The fact of the matter is my Bill Of Sale said 24K, and the Title at the DMV said 24K too. But Im trying to get a criminal attorney or civil to help me. The dude is from Chicago, I verified his license and made copy too.

It would be tough going in front of a judge over this requiring you to admit you tried defrauding the state by writing an incorrect sale price on the title.
Old 12-02-07, 11:16 AM
702/350
Driver

go get your car back-
Old 12-02-07, 11:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

No he probably won't ever get his $7k back, but I think he should contact the authorities immediately and tell them everything. They're not going to care about some kid who was misled - the FBI want the "big fish".

There are lots of car theft scams in the entire country. I hear much of it and it's crazy how inventive/sophisticated some of these scams are. There are special task forces the authorities have working on catching these crooks.

Time spent on helping put these crooks behind bars (or deported in some cases) is time well spent. My motto is if I can't "save myself" then I will try to save others.
He's out the $7k, we all agree on that, but please call the authorities. Every little bit helps.
He did.
"Well the FBI or police cant do anything. The fact of the matter is my Bill Of Sale said 24K, and the Title at the DMV said 24K too"
Old 12-02-07, 11:27 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Dude lives in some hood in Chicago on the southside. I aint gonna go there lookin for this fraud this is a dangerous situation to be in. Good thing I didnt write gift on the bill of sale and title. Then he would of had my car for free.
Old 12-02-07, 11:30 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by andsimp2
Dude lives in some hood in Chicago on the southside. I aint gonna go there lookin for this fraud this is a dangerous situation to be in. Good thing I didnt write gift on the bill of sale and title. Then he would of had my car for free.
Tough break,andsimp2.
I would somehow do something to help ease the aggrivation.
Old 12-02-07, 11:31 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Well lawyers offices are closed on weekends. I talked to another legal friend and he says its a tough situation bc if I go to court it would look very fishy bc then I would have to say buyer says write a lower price so he wouldnt have to pay taxes on 28K. Then it looks like I defrauded the state of Illinois on taxes for him. He also says the Bill of Sale, and Title is a legal binding contract and will hold up in the court of law. But he said he couldnt handle the case right now, bc its too difficult.
Old 12-02-07, 11:42 AM
esucaris1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad had a sign in his office that said; CASH MAKES NO ENEMIES LETS BE FRIENDS!!! I know it's a little late but I'm pretty confident that you are 7k smarter than you used to be...

Quick Reply: I BEEN SCAMMED SELLING MY OWN CAR I AM NOW OUT OF ALOT OF MONEY PLEASE HELP Me !!!!!!