Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

335i hits 11.90 @ 115.9 with a 60 ft of 1.65

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 06:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
another accomplishment in the turbo engine world
fixed, 10 chars
Old 12-04-07, 06:13 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
fixed, 10 chars
Let me guess you're not a fan of BMW's or OEM Turbo motors
Old 12-04-07, 06:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Let me guess you're not a fan of BMW's or OEM Turbo motors
you can do similar results on any turbo performance car past and present, but people on various forums act like results like these is something revolutionary but to me its just another turbocharged car with increased boost. That engine isnt OEM anymore
Old 12-04-07, 07:50 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you can do similar results on any turbo performance car past and present, but people on various forums act like results like these is something revolutionary but to me its just another turbocharged car with increased boost. That engine isnt OEM anymore
How many of thes turbo performance cars are luxury cars? One can't pull up an Evo or STI i/f/o the Country Club or business function without disturbing the peace with all that racket
Old 12-04-07, 08:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Well it is somewhat revolutionary since the 335i is still a relatively new platform and so far all these numbers are on a stock oem block that I know of. The Evo and STI had years of tuning in Japan before they came here. The 2jzgte also had many years of tuning etc and that motor still amazes me to this day. The 335i is the new kid on the block somewhat everyone knows the potential of a turbo motor when modded right, all we're seeing now is the evolution of this. I was banned from the 2IS and IS-F forums and given the option to go back in and I opted not to because of the bashing I see against other brands especially the 335i and 135i. I understand brand loyalty but some of the comments there are just ridiculous. Bottom Line is mod for mod a 6cyl FI engine will always respond to mods much better than a NA version.
Old 12-04-07, 10:35 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
How many of thes turbo performance cars are luxury cars? One can't pull up an Evo or STI i/f/o the Country Club or business function without disturbing the peace with all that racket
This is hysterical, Bimmer fanbois trying to justify themselves by knocking superior engineered cars over luxury instead of performance (is this supposed to be the ultimate driving machine or ?). They want to be luxurious yet spend thousands of dollars ricing up their cars for more performance to be at the track. Funny, I never thought it was prestigious to go to country clubs in entry level cars, that are typically leased. If I wanted to go to the CC, then I'd bring the LS, and leave the Evo at home.
Old 12-04-07, 01:06 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Lets change the brand and see if your statement holds any weight.
Originally Posted by ST430
This is hysterical, Lexus fanbois trying to justify themselves by knocking superior engineered cars over luxury instead of performance (is this supposed to be the ultimate driving machine or ?). They want to be luxurious yet spend thousands of dollars ricing up their cars for more performance to be at the track.
Is this true?
Old 12-04-07, 01:12 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherplex
Well it is somewhat revolutionary since the 335i is still a relatively new platform and so far all these numbers are on a stock oem block that I know of. The Evo and STI had years of tuning in Japan before they came here. The 2jzgte also had many years of tuning etc and that motor still amazes me to this day. The 335i is the new kid on the block somewhat everyone knows the potential of a turbo motor when modded right, all we're seeing now is the evolution of this. I was banned from the 2IS and IS-F forums and given the option to go back in and I opted not to because of the bashing I see against other brands especially the 335i and 135i. I understand brand loyalty but some of the comments there are just ridiculous. Bottom Line is mod for mod a 6cyl FI engine will always respond to mods much better than a NA version.
You could not be more on point
Old 12-04-07, 01:16 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Take it from someone who has dealt with FI vehicles before (2 Supra TT's, Evo, SR20DET 240SX)....while the N54 is a nice little marvel of engineering for BMW, it is no where near the class of 2JZTGTE's, VG30DETTs, SR20DET's, 4G63's, RB26DETT's or the like. The 1st year I had my Supra TT (95), people had figured out how to do a $5 mod to gain 50whp! 06' Evo w/ the newly Mivec cams are pushing gains of 50whp from a smaller displacement engine with just a keystroke of a flash. Compare this with Bimmer owners spending a bucketload of cash for comparable gains modifying trannies and rear end. Yes, the car is in its infancy, but the modability on it will be minimal, handicapped primarily by piggyback ECU mod. 1/4 mile ET's of 12seconds may be impressive to FI noobies, but consider that Honda Civics can be made to go as fast with as much investment in money.

Last edited by ST430; 12-04-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-04-07, 06:28 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ST430
Take it from someone who has dealt with FI vehicles before (2 Supra TT's, Evo, SR20DET 240SX)....while the N54 is a nice little marvel of engineering for BMW, it is no where near the class of 2JZTGTE's, VG30DETTs, SR20DET's, 4G63's, RB26DETT's or the like. The 1st year I had my Supra TT (95), people had figured out how to do a $5 mod to gain 50whp! 06' Evo w/ the newly Mivec cams are pushing gains of 50whp from a smaller displacement engine with just a keystroke of a flash. Compare this with Bimmer owners spending a bucketload of cash for comparable gains modifying trannies and rear end. Yes, the car is in its infancy, but the modability on it will be minimal, handicapped primarily by piggyback ECU mod. 1/4 mile ET's of 12seconds may be impressive to FI noobies, but consider that Honda Civics can be made to go as fast with as much investment in money.
Look, these cars are heavy, are weighed down by tons of safety features and emissions that just weren't around when the Supra was around. Side air bag what? Pillar air bag? Knee bolsters? etc. etc.. Supras were stopped being made for the U.S. in what? 1998? That's 10 years ago, get over it already. You guys are sounding like old guys still boasting about how many touchdowns you scored in High School.

Who the heck cares about how fast a Civic is. Can you get more ridiculous? Civics were so 90s. Compare cars in the same generation.

Last edited by OC 335d; 12-04-07 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-04-07, 06:43 PM
LexFather

Look guys can we all chill out, thanks.

Old 12-04-07, 06:46 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mods-

Is it possible to create a separate forum/area for all of the 335i talk? Seriously, this car is beaten death and I'm so sick of the weekly 335i threads, not to mention all of the bickering that goes along with it.

Old 12-04-07, 07:09 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Mods-

Is it possible to create a separate forum/area for all of the 335i talk? Seriously, this car is beaten death and I'm so sick of the weekly 335i threads, not to mention all of the bickering that goes along with it.

Even I agree with this, how sad. Car Chat should be for chat about all cars, and right now the 335i is a "hot" topic, but the constant bickering between some members regarding it is just tiring.
Old 12-04-07, 07:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Mods-

Every single time the 335i is mentioned in the Club Lexus, it usually goes down south.

I have IS350, and I have no problem giving props to where it is due. 335i is one hell of a car.
Old 12-04-07, 07:20 PM
LexFather

Guys I am going to close this, the moderator team will discuss, thanks.