Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My puny 1.3L Daily Driver !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 06:20 AM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My puny 1.3L Daily Driver !!

Hi guys, been a member here for a while but I rarely post here at ClubLexus. I admit I love how the members here are receptive to the cars that aren't just Lexus's and generally appreciate cars in general.

I thought I could share some photos of my current daily driver here in the Philippines.

It's a 06 Honda City, essentially a smaller (baby Civic), technically it's part of Honda's Global Small Car platform, which it shares with the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I know it's a huge downgrade, but in all honesty this car just gets the job done here in the terrible traffic that I have to deal with in Manila everyday, it provides terrific gas mileage. Anyway, I didn't bother taking the interior pictures because it's virtually identical to what we get in the states known as the Honda Fit.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Old 12-03-07, 08:05 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always like this car, have considered to buy this if I'll be moving back to Hong Kong or something, but right now, I'll be sticking to Canada for more. :P
Old 12-03-07, 08:26 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice! Now all it needs are wheels and a drop
Old 12-03-07, 11:06 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4dr Version of Fit, right?
they are everywhere in China, very nice~!
Old 12-03-07, 11:23 AM
9520G
Lead Lap

I want to see pics of that 1.3 liter!
Old 12-03-07, 11:41 AM
LexFather

I've never seen real life photos, any interior shots? Thanks for sharing! IMO, Honda does small cars better than just about anyone.

Old 12-03-07, 12:54 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also really REALLY want 1.3L on my next vehicle too...

Suzuki B-King info...

Old 12-03-07, 01:44 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I also really REALLY want 1.3L on my next vehicle too...

Suzuki B-King info...

LOL....
Old 12-03-07, 01:53 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my 1.3L car too.......

Old 12-03-07, 01:53 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Seize
Nice! Now all it needs are wheels and a drop
I thought about the idea of giving it a slight drop and wheels, but honestly though the roads here are quite pothole infested worse than roads in L.A, I'd hate to have a bone jarring ride.

1SICKLEX, I didn't get a chance to take interior photos, like I've mentioned the interior treatment is identical to the Honda Fit, expect I have the CVT with paddle shifters.
Old 12-03-07, 02:02 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the roads in PI are horrible... If you think NJ is bad, just take a trip to the Philippines.

It's not just bone-jarring, it's almost like suspension breaking... There's also certain parts that flood rather easily there. So a suspension drop is a huge risk...
Old 12-03-07, 02:19 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
Yeah, the roads in PI are horrible... If you think NJ is bad, just take a trip to the Philippines.

It's not just bone-jarring, it's almost like suspension breaking... There's also certain parts that flood rather easily there. So a suspension drop is a huge risk...
Certain parts of Metro Manila still flood quite easily hence why I didn't choose UST as my Nursing School, that part of Manila gets flooded too easily.

Lemme tell you, I've felt and ridden in a taxi (mostly Toyota Corollas/Vios here) that has either, broken or leaking struts and when they hit potholes, you can feel that the chassis is falling apart.

If you were to bring a soft cushy ride suspension of Lexus here in PI, expect yearly alignments, strut replacements, new tires.
Old 12-03-07, 02:36 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rsantiago
If you were to bring a soft cushy ride suspension of Lexus here in PI, expect yearly alignments, strut replacements, new tires.
The engine would probably die a lot earlier with all the snail-paced crazy traffic as well.
Old 12-03-07, 02:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I thought about the idea of giving it a slight drop and wheels, but honestly though the roads here are quite pothole infested worse than roads in L.A, I'd hate to have a bone jarring ride.
A very wise decision.

Many car owners can't wait to lower the suspension and put larger rims on; that's all they think about......then they get a nasty surprise the first time they drive it on a rough road, get a rock-hard ride, and possibly damage the tires and rims on potholes.
Old 12-03-07, 03:46 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Certain parts of Metro Manila still flood quite easily hence why I didn't choose UST as my Nursing School, that part of Manila gets flooded too easily.

Lemme tell you, I've felt and ridden in a taxi (mostly Toyota Corollas/Vios here) that has either, broken or leaking struts and when they hit potholes, you can feel that the chassis is falling apart.

Yeah if I had my way, I'd drive a Hummer there. That way I wouldn't care if people were trying to squeeze 7 lanes of traffic into 3. Don't need to worry about floods or crazy pot holes.

I rode in a Taxi one time that almost had a crazy degree of incline because they didn't finish the new road that was at least 3 feet higher then the old one. So everyone driving through that had to take it at 2 miles an hour and at an angle.... Imagine having a loaded bus try to do that in commute traffic.

Quick Reply: My puny 1.3L Daily Driver !!