Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

DINAN: Releases It's 384hp/421tq Mod For 2008 335!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 11:45 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
This is incorrect. The OEM oil cooler is sufficient to receive the flash and the warranty associated with it.

Dinan is the only tuner on the BMW market that has a 4 year/ 50k mile factory matching warranty including consequential damages. If your car does not come with an oil cooler, one is required with the Dinan software to maintain warranty coverage. If you have the factory oil cooler, Dinan still strongly recommends the larger oil cooler upgrade.

Recommended, not required.
ooh, I read this part too fast. "If your car does not come with an oil cooler, one is required with the Dinan software to maintain warranty coverage."
Old 12-11-07, 11:54 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by cherplex
"looking at my magazine" cmon man you can't be serious.
if you're talking about my quote, I think you misunderstood me. Read the quote that I quoted.

I am not saying that there are no heat issues, just that it's blown way out of proportion.
Originally Posted by Coco-bun
gee wonder why...[looks at my magazine]
I'm saying the magazines are probably why the oil cooler issue is so blown out of proportion. Not saying magazines are always right.
Old 12-11-07, 12:08 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
4yr - 50k warranty from BMW. And It's only $2k!!!

Those stats and pricing easily makes the M3 a hard sale...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100630

I still say this car is probably the best bang4thebuck potential for a "nice" car on the road.
Warranty is great but what sux is that it's a reflash so there's nothing to sell when you sell your car, unlike the piggyback ecu units.
Old 12-11-07, 02:04 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

$4000 for an oil cooler and reflash, i bet thats less than $500 in parts, basically charging you what an extended warranty wouldve costed from BMW
Old 12-11-07, 02:24 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Well, not that I particular care for Dinan's software, I think $2000 for the flash is downright silly; but the oil cooler itself is a relatively expensive part. You're talking the cooler, lines, harness, and a new oil filter assembly. I still think someone will release a better one for less though.
Old 12-11-07, 02:49 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Did some guy with a 335i take your girl or something, I can always sense some animosity towards anything to do with the car ha ha. Do you cut them off in traffic when you see them.
so you really think a $2000 reflash is reasonable, no one would buy this thing if he didnt offer a warranty. I've never heard of a reflash this pricey. And who knows how prompt warranty claims are if something broke, I'd like to see the warranty terms and conditions before getting excited.

An oil cooler really isnt a complicated piece of equipment, its basically a small radiator, supra oil cooler is around $500, seen 350Z oil coolers as low as 350-400, $2000 for an oil cooler is crazy as well.

http://www.350z-tech.com/w/images/e/...oil_cooler.jpg
Old 12-11-07, 03:26 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
An oil cooler really isnt a complicated piece of equipment, its basically a small radiator, supra oil cooler is around $500, seen 350Z oil coolers as low as 350-400, $2000 for an oil cooler is crazy as well.

http://www.350z-tech.com/w/images/e/...oil_cooler.jpg
This isn't just the cooler. I said that in my last post. It's the tubing, harness, and new oil filter assembly.
Old 12-11-07, 07:55 PM
LexFather

Glad to see more progress on this platform. Wow it's obvious who's on what side here. I honestly don't understand the animosity towards the 335i on this forum but it's a lexus forum and this particular model competes with the 2IS. Bang for buck a FI car from factory will respond very well to mods. I'm really glad I got banned from a certain forum and didn't choose to go back. "looking at my magazine" cmon man you can't be serious.

1. There is no "animosity", just you stating it. Its a LEXUS FORUM, people are going to be more "pro-Lexus" here.
2. I'm a member and browse tons of BMW forums. Mention Lexus there and see what happens. 100 times worse than ANYTHING here.
3. You are mentioning things that are PRIVATE but if you want to make it PUBLIC, that is fine. You can easily get banned from this forum and ANY forum on here, including the ENTIRE FORUM.

Guys and Gals, I am going to say this and maybe everyone takes 1 minute to read.

1. Do NOT expect everyone to drop their pants for the same EXACT things you like. Its the INTERNET. People will have differences of opinion.
2. I expect people to understand this is a LEXUS forum, as if you were on a BMW forum or a Benz, forum, etc. People will naturally cater to the cars THEY OWN.
3. In my humble opinion, this forum and this site has a great deal of RESPECT and ADMIRATION for BMW. We have BMW owning MODERATORS, some posting IN THIS thread. The Admin's WIFE owns a BMW M3 track car. I really think some people need to really see the big picture here and look at the POSITIVE comments made about BMW instead of picking apart anything they don't like or disagree with about the brand.

The 335 is a very very popular car. We seem to have 30 threads on them every day (I am joking) . We want to continue to have PROGRESSIVE threads about just a popular and IMO, incredible car (and brand).

EVERYONE KNOCK OFF THE CHILDISH JABS AT ONE ANOTHER AND MAYBE LOOK IN THE OTHER PERSONS SHOES BEFORE POSTING.

We don't want to warn, ban or take any disciplinary action towards anyone. We want CAR CHAT to continue to FLOURISH in regards to car new and other car brands.

(steps off of soapbox, thank you)

Old 12-11-07, 08:19 PM
kit cat

Amen, 1sicklex. I'll follow what my mom always said, if it's not a nice comment, keep it to yourself .
Old 12-11-07, 08:33 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Attached Images  
Old 12-11-07, 09:18 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

...I already answered this. Here is some info for you guys too, I'll let you do the research on it. Tuned 335i's tend to run *cooler* under the same conditions than stock ones. Of course tunes ones are run harder, so generally people will see higher temperatures. But if you take a tuned 335i and a stock one on the same day to the same track and do the same amount of laps, the tuned car will generally run cooler...

While I won't dispute that you don't necessarily need additional cooling for upgrades, I do think your statement above is a bit ludicrous...Would you care to cite specifics to "run *cooler*" in terms of EGT's, AFR's, etc.? The typical way to produce more hp is 1) higher boost 2) more aggressive ignition timing and / or 3) higher AFR's amongst others. Any of those parameters will induce greater heat than stock. Just curious where this statement comes from in quantifiable form....

p.s. I am glad to see this is a soft (relflash) solution instead of all the piggyback Xedes beforehand. I have never been a proponent of hardware "trickery" to tune cars. Cheers to Dinan, and hope others follow suite to crack the code for the mass!

Last edited by ST430; 12-11-07 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 12:05 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

someone on 90 post stated that BMW will have their own ECU reflash shortly which will make the Dinan reflash obsolete, anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Old 12-12-07, 05:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
someone on 90 post stated that BMW will have their own ECU reflash shortly which will make the Dinan reflash obsolete, anyone know if there is any truth to this?
and kill M3 sales? I doubt it