Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you want to see CHANGE at Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07 | 05:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

manual transmission, better special ordering system

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Drop the LX470......IMO there is no need to keep it in the lineup. In the U.S. market, it just doesn't sell enough. Its role is covered by the less-expensive but still almost as plush Toyota Land Cruiser, which itself doesn't sell that well in the U.S. either. The Land Cruiser is no econobox, either.....it is almost as expensive as the LX, and has almost everything to match except the amount of wood trim inside, the trick electronic suspension-height adjuster, and the cache of the nameplate.
if you noticed some of the older car sales thread the LX outsold the landcruiser. When people want to spend 60-65k on an SUV they will see both and go oh I might as well spend the 8-10k more for a lexus. There are way more LX down here than LCs.
Old 12-12-07 | 07:10 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

More driver oriented vehicles, and more agressive styling for the GS series. That is my only gripe. I truly want newer Lexus GS at some point.
Old 12-12-07 | 07:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
manual transmission, better special ordering system

if you noticed some of the older car sales thread the LX outsold the landcruiser. When people want to spend 60-65k on an SUV they will see both and go oh I might as well spend the 8-10k more for a lexus. There are way more LX down here than LCs.
That make sense, they actually dropped the LC from the Canadian market as soon as they introduced the Lexus LX up here a decade ago.
Old 12-12-07 | 07:20 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Sort of update certain cars within a decent period of 4-6 years and not 10 years.

Lower the prices here in Canada, across the line* (i.e none of that cash credit bs)

More diesel options in North America.

At least one diesel-hybrid version of an RX or IS or ES.

* It would be nice to see an LS460 sell for $72360 CDN (starting)
Old 12-12-07 | 07:26 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Provide official support for performance upgrades for all model lines and years particularly the 2nd Gen GS.

Some of us just want to improve the Lexus we currently own and have no desire to jump to a new model.

By Performance upgrades, I mean Big Brake Kits, Sports suspension,Bolt-on Superchargers with factory/dealer warranty+servicing,chassis stiffeners, sports exhausts etc.

In fact, the perfect solution would be to absorb TOM's Racing into Lexus and make them the official tuner arm of Lexus. Also get TOM's/new tuning arm to provide these upgrades at an affordable price.

Last edited by natnut; 12-12-07 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-12-07 | 07:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JessePS
Sort of update certain cars within a decent period of 4-6 years and not 10 years.

Lower the prices here in Canada, across the line* (i.e none of that cash credit bs)
I think they use cash credits because in case the Canadian dollar tanks again in the future, it's easier for them to say they are cancelling the cash rebates rather than to suddenly increase the price greatly . . .
Old 12-12-07 | 07:56 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Robarapta
I think they use cash credits because in case the Canadian dollar tanks again in the future, it's easier for them to say they are cancelling the cash rebates rather than to suddenly increase the price greatly . . .
Thing is most people think the loonie will stay above 0.90$ for the next few years.
Old 12-12-07 | 08:19 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JessePS
Thing is most people think the loonie will stay above 0.90$ for the next few years.
I tend to think so too for the next couple years, but I think all the car manufacturers still hope that isn't the case.

If the looney goes back to about 0.85, then the price discrepancies will not be that significant anymore & most people won't be complaining about it . . .
Old 12-12-07 | 10:19 AM
Nao1008
Driver School Candidate

lol. i am surprised no one has mentioned about this one: Trip to Japan and pick up ur car there and see what NO.1 plant in the world looks like

I'd like Lexus to implement program like BMW offers. I belive it's Tahara plant where most of Lexus are built, which is claimed to be NO.1
I want to go there and see Tahara plant and maybe Toyota Park and dont mind driving around Japan couple of days checking out other tons of japanese cars that are not sold in U.S.
Old 12-12-07 | 10:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nao1008
lol. i am surprised no one has mentioned about this one: Trip to Japan and pick up ur car there and see what NO.1 plant in the world looks like

I'd like Lexus to implement program like BMW offers. I belive it's Tahara plant where most of Lexus are built, which is claimed to be NO.1
I want to go there and see Tahara plant and maybe Toyota Park and dont mind driving around Japan couple of days checking out other tons of japanese cars that are not sold in U.S.
+1, good suggestion
Old 12-12-07 | 01:54 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

-IS coupe
-Small 2 seater coupe
-Revamped SC coupe, throw out the back seats, they are useless anyway
-Make the Damn LF-A already!!!
-More extensive work on the sports/touring packages.... make them really that
-More interior details (like making the digital clock a rolex for example)
Old 12-12-07 | 02:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

I'd like to see Lexus come out with more cars to please everyone. I wish for much firmer steering in certain models. More manual transmission options or DSG. More sports tuned suspension options. Dashes that don't merge too many functions through one source. To clarify, I rather have a separate climate and radio control and not have to go through the touch screen. If I pull or replace that LCD touch screen with something else, I have no climate control anymore. Some people may say I'm trying to turn Lexus into a BMW. I've always said, if Lexus made cars that drove more like a BMW, there would be no reason for BMW. If BMW made more reliable cars like Lexus, there would be no reason for Lexus. I like reliability somewhat, but I also like to drive and have fun and customize my cars. At this point, Infiniti seems to have the best balance between BMW drive and Lexus/Japanese reliability.

Lexus will always be one of my top choices for the family car as they do family cars best. For my personal car though there really isn't anything for me to choose.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 12-12-07 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-12-07 | 06:19 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I'd like to see Lexus come out with more cars to please everyone. I wish for much firmer steering in certain models. More manual transmission options or DSG. More sports tuned suspension options. Dashes that don't merge too many functions through one source. To clarify, I rather have a separate climate and control and not have to go through the touch screen. If I pull or replace that LCD touch screen with something else, I have no climate control anymore. Some people may say I'm trying to turn Lexus into a BMW. I've always said, if Lexus made cars that drove more like a BMW, there would be no reason for BMW. If BMW made more reliable cars like Lexus, there would be no reason for Lexus. I like reliability somewhat, but I also like to drive and have fun and customize my cars. At this point, Infiniti seems to have the best balance between BMW drive and Lexus/Japanese reliability.

Lexus will always be one of my top choices for the family car as they do family cars best. For my personal car though there really isn't anything for me to choose.
Re: climate control

I believe the new LS has your setup?
Old 12-12-07 | 08:30 PM
RXSF

I believe the new LS has your setup?
no...all new lexus use nav to go through climate
Old 12-12-07 | 10:29 PM
Rash
hmm

1- GX470 in Middle East
2- stronger engines, we have IS300, GS300 til now -__-

Quick Reply: What do you want to see CHANGE at Lexus?