Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you want to see CHANGE at Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07 | 11:50 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
Provide official support for performance upgrades for all model lines and years particularly the 2nd Gen GS.

Some of us just want to improve the Lexus we currently own and have no desire to jump to a new model.

By Performance upgrades, I mean Big Brake Kits, Sports suspension,Bolt-on Superchargers with factory/dealer warranty+servicing,chassis stiffeners, sports exhausts etc.

In fact, the perfect solution would be to absorb TOM's Racing into Lexus and make them the official tuner arm of Lexus. Also get TOM's/new tuning arm to provide these upgrades at an affordable price.
Unfortunately that will never happen, especially not factory support for car
models no longer in production. TRD USA is a shell of what it used to be;
and they no longer support the MR2, Corolla GT-S, etc... they only offer
parts for the trucks and an occasional shift **** or TRD badge for a
current model Corolla S.

Fortunately the aftermarket offers almost everything you'd ever want
for the 2GS!
Old 12-13-07 | 05:43 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nao1008
lol. i am surprised no one has mentioned about this one: Trip to Japan and pick up ur car there and see what NO.1 plant in the world looks like

I'd like Lexus to implement program like BMW offers. I belive it's Tahara plant where most of Lexus are built, which is claimed to be NO.1
I want to go there and see Tahara plant and maybe Toyota Park and dont mind driving around Japan couple of days checking out other tons of japanese cars that are not sold in U.S.
A good idea on paper, but I don't think it would work out so well in actuality. In most cases, the Tahara plant would be producing a left-hand drive model for American or non-British European customers. But, because the Japanese market is right-hand drive like the British and Australian markets, picking up your brand-new American-spec Lexus and driving it around locally in Japan, where everyone drives on the opposite side of the road, could be confusing at first to some people.

This, of course, is not the case in Europe picking up your brand-new BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Audi, etc..... because in continental Europe their driving set-up are similiar to ours.
Old 12-13-07 | 01:53 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
customers. But, because the Japanese market is right-hand drive like the British and Australian markets, picking up your brand-new American-spec Lexus and driving it around locally in Japan, where everyone drives on the opposite side of the road, could be confusing at first to some people.

This is not really a bid deal at all. There are a lot of left hand drive cars from the US or other countries in driving around Japan. I know military friend's or friend's that moved back to Japan shipped their USDM cars to Japan. A lot of military also hold on to their cars in the begining, then see all the good JDM cars they can have and buy them used
Old 12-13-07 | 01:54 PM
kit cat

better dealership experience...something equivalent of the Japanese Lexus dealership.