Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bmw X6 Sav

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-08, 12:02 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Supremely retarded [and ugly] vehicle with no real purpose that will probably sell because of the badge on it. I hope this fails worse than the Mercedes R class so that car makers will learn not to make retarded vehicles.
+1

I honestly see one of these on the road, I am going to crack up laughing.
Old 01-27-08, 12:57 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

I like it alot but to me the design looks a tad bit over the top.
Old 01-27-08, 02:40 PM
ninous26
Driver

To the guy who posted about the SC not being able to seat more than 2 comfortably...

People would expect that from a sports 2 DOOR COUPE anyone of the streets would tell you that they'd think that the BMW would seat more than 4 people.. especially because it has 4 doors and not 2.

My old legend coupe sat 3 people comfortably.. and I'm willing to bet anyone that it had tighter rear seats than an SC.. My friend also stuffed 8 people in the coupe too.. LOL.
Old 01-27-08, 02:59 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninous26
To the guy who posted about the SC not being able to seat more than 2 comfortably...

People would expect that from a sports 2 DOOR COUPE anyone of the streets would tell you that they'd think that the BMW would seat more than 4 people.. especially because it has 4 doors and not 2.

My old legend coupe sat 3 people comfortably.. and I'm willing to bet anyone that it had tighter rear seats than an SC.. My friend also stuffed 8 people in the coupe too.. LOL.
I'm that guy. Did you notice I have an SC400 too?

Why does a 4-door need to seat more than 4?

Even an LS600hL or S550 which are FULL SIZED luxury sedans aren't designed to seat more than 4.

Get a minivan if you need to haul a crew of people.
Old 01-27-08, 03:05 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I thought this forum was filled with BMW lovers?

I made a little rant on German cars last month and got trampled on. I point out this one, and nobody likes it, lol.

Does eveyone feel the same way about the Dodge Caliber (talking strickly about vehicle architecture)?
Old 01-27-08, 04:06 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the latest vid of the X6 on the Ring. Once again, BMW defies the conventional with this vehicle. Sav's(X3,X5) and now an Sac(X6) Drive them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTS-JDA7KXg
Old 01-27-08, 07:02 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Seating for 4 is a failure? Your diriving a car that can't seat more than 2 comfortably.

-It rides lower than the X5
-It's lighter and faster than the X5 (400HP is slow??)
-How many people go off road in their regular SUV's?

This is coming from someone that would never buy a BMW.
The problem I have with the X6 is that it accomplishes nothing it tries to be.
SUV: Lower than an X5, less off roading capability
Also less cargo space and seating space, not very utility if you asked me
Coupe: SUVs aren't meant to be fast although I can sort of give you 50/50 on this one as I do like th Porsche Cayenne Turbo/Turbo S and it probably beats the pants off my SC400. Honestly I think it doesn't look bad but I'm never going to be in the market for something as useless as this, my personal opinion.

Does eveyone feel the same way about the Dodge Caliber (talking strickly about vehicle architecture)?
Honestly, I've never even given this car much thought, it passes under the radar.
Old 01-27-08, 07:16 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Twins separated at birth:

LOL, actually the bottom picture, whatever that car is, looks much better than the BMW.
Old 01-27-08, 07:19 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Here is the latest vid of the X6 on the Ring. Once again, BMW defies the conventional with this vehicle. Sav's(X3,X5) and now an Sac(X6) Drive them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTS-JDA7KXg
Have you driven an X6?

This car does not do anything new. This is supposed to be, what, a coupe that can handle well, hold stuff and go off road? Sure it handles well but not as well as a normal wagon or a sedan that probably holds more stuff than it can. And as for going off road? Please.

Not to mention coupes are generally supposed to be prettier versions of the cars they are based off of. For example, no one will argue that a CLS isn't prettier than an E. I am HARD PRESSED to say that this car looks any better or more desirable than an X5 and therefore it FAILS as a coupe.

Last edited by knihc2008; 01-27-08 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-27-08, 07:24 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Didn't see the original thread on this.
Old 01-27-08, 07:31 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koma
Honestly, I've never even given this car much thought, it passes under the radar.
The Caliber was very much in my consieration list as I will be in the market for a small car in the next year or two. I love the type of vehicle design. I don't like SUV's but like how Dodge managed to give SUV-like character in a small car package giving it great versatilty and space.

However, I can't bring myself to buy an American car (especially one that has received negative criticism for quality and interior quality like the Caliber. Too bad.

So I will most likely be getting a Civic instead.

If Honda or Toyota built the Caliber and gave it better gas mileage, It would be a sure buy for me.
Old 01-27-08, 07:33 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Have you driven an X6?

This car does not do anything new. This is supposed to be, what, a coupe that can handle well, hold stuff and go off road? Sure it handles well but not as well as a normal wagon or a sedan that probably holds more stuff than it can. And as for going off road? Please.

Not to mention coupes are generally supposed to be prettier versions of the cars they are based off of. For example, no one will argue that a CLS isn't prettier than an E. I am HARD PRESSED to say that this car looks any better or more desirable than an X5 and therefore it FAILS as a coupe.
It doesn't fail as a coupe. It fails as everything else, but a coupe, simply because ITS NOT A FREAKING COUPE!!!

I think if they had a contest for the ugliest automobile ever, this thing would earn the #2 spot. Because it's too ugly for the #1 spot.
Old 01-27-08, 07:35 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

The Caliber was very much in my consieration list as I will be in the market for a small car in the next year or two. I love the type of vehicle design. I don't like SUV's but like how Dodge managed to give SUV-like character in a small car package giving it great versatilty and space.

However, I can't bring myself to buy an American car (especially one that has received negative criticism for quality and interior quality like the Caliber. Too bad.

So I will most likely be getting a Civic instead.

If Honda or Toyota built the Caliber and gave it better gas mileage, It would be a sure buy for me.
Why not consider a Toyota Matrix? I believe you can even get it in AWD form.
Old 01-27-08, 07:58 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Here's a production X6 actually spotted in someone's driveway already

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110103

And one spotted in NC

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110328

That red looks nice!
Old 01-28-08, 03:07 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Why not consider a Toyota Matrix? I believe you can even get it in AWD form.
I have no interest in a Matrix. Some compare the Caliber to the Matrix but they are totally different designs.

The Matrix still comes across as a wagon while the Caliber somehow avoids looking like one.

Quick Reply: Bmw X6 Sav