Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bmw X6 Sav

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 04:13 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i like it. alot
Old 01-28-08, 04:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
The problem I have with the X6 is that it accomplishes nothing it tries to be.
SUV: Lower than an X5, less off roading capability
Also less cargo space and seating space, not very utility if you asked me
Coupe: SUVs aren't meant to be fast although I can sort of give you 50/50 on this one as I do like th Porsche Cayenne Turbo/Turbo S and it probably beats the pants off my SC400. Honestly I think it doesn't look bad but I'm never going to be in the market for something as useless as this, my personal opinion.

Honestly, I've never even given this car much thought, it passes under the radar.
Exactly my problem with it.

And plus, proportions look wrong.

Look for Toyota doing it right - right proportions, excellent utility.
Old 01-28-08, 04:42 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
I have no interest in a Matrix. Some compare the Caliber to the Matrix but they are totally different designs.

The Matrix still comes across as a wagon while the Caliber somehow avoids looking like one.
I guess since USA has been deprived of wagons for a long time, I cant fault your for that.

But Matrix is an hatchback/mpv combo. Definetly not wagon.

Here is an classic Corolla Wagon:

Here is Matrix:

There is nothing wrong with Wagons, but hatchbacks are definetly not the same as Wagons.
Old 01-28-08, 09:39 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
I guess since USA has been deprived of wagons for a long time, I cant fault your for that.

But Matrix is an hatchback/mpv combo. Definetly not wagon.

Here is an classic Corolla Wagon:

Here is Matrix:

There is nothing wrong with Wagons, but hatchbacks are definetly not the same as Wagons.
I think wagons are characterized with a much more upright rear windshield and more rear overhang.

Originally Posted by JLSC4
The Caliber was very much in my consieration list as I will be in the market for a small car in the next year or two. I love the type of vehicle design. I don't like SUV's but like how Dodge managed to give SUV-like character in a small car package giving it great versatilty and space.

However, I can't bring myself to buy an American car (especially one that has received negative criticism for quality and interior quality like the Caliber. Too bad.

So I will most likely be getting a Civic instead.

If Honda or Toyota built the Caliber and gave it better gas mileage, It would be a sure buy for me.
I don't like how they replaced the Neon with it though. Although both subcompacts how the HELL do you replace a CAR with a pseudo-SUV thing. Personally though I don't like the looks of the thing, too chunky, not my style. But I can see for it's versatility purposes.
Old 01-28-08, 01:47 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as recent BMWs, great mechanicals ruined by terrible exteriors, who designed this monstrosity.