Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Year in Review thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 06:25 PM
LexFather

Exclamation 2007 Year in Review thread...

Well everyone, 2008 is coming fast and I just wanted to see what YOU thought was the best and worst or just what sticks out in your mind for 2008.
Here are mine in no order
1. IS-F production. Not only does it seem to be the total anti-Lexus, after being in one, I almost fainted. I can't believe this is here!!
2. GT-R..got damn, Nissan really did it big with this car and this is just the BASE version. Reviews thus far have all been overwhelming!!
3. BMW 335 tuning. We all have seen the threads here the car is a BEAST modded. We chatted about the potential it may have before it debuted but my goodness what AN ENGINE.
4. Ryan (Flipside) being our Lisason with Lexus Corporate. Ryan is HUGE in making the Leguna Seca IS-F drive happen and now the other IS-F drives around. He has Clublexus and Lexus always on his mind. Shout out to him for making 2007 special for so many members.
5. Lexus involvement with Clublexus. Not just with the IS-F but with SEMA. I think they are slowly LISTENING!! Some CL members were with the Lexus stand in SEMA, Glen for instance.
6. Audi RS6 V-10 TT. Not a big seller, we can't even get it here but over 550 horses in a WAGON. Wow...
7. Subie WRX. A big LOSER for me. Great interior but the sedan looks like monkeycrap and the hatch, while growing on me, looks like camelcrap. WTF were they thinking? STi fares better but then that is 40k with some options!!
8. 135. Another loser for me. STILL a sleeper but its ONLY 150lbs lighter than the the 335, then its only a grand or two less than the 335 with a worse interior. Why not just get the 335? I'm lost here.....I was expecting light and very communicative.
9. G37. Another loser to me. It looks to similar to the last model and the Altima coupe and with more displacement and more power and its no faster than the last model. The interior is far better than last though. I was expecting more and with the 335 coupe out, its like this doesn't exist.
10. G8. Wow, Pontiac made a Holden a great looking car, with a big V-8, a great price and tons of room and a good interior. I hope this does well for them.
11. Lexus LF-A. I'm up and down with this one. When the revised model debuted, I was shocked. It looked 100 times better than the first model. I was really really hoping it would be production ready for the Tokyo show. That DID NOT happen, which IMO is a huge disappointment.
12. Honda/Acura NSX. Maybe one of the worst concepts for a car so many people love. They took a car that practically reinvented what sports cars could be, let it die then give us a big bloated, ugly Optimus Prime turd of a concept. Then its front engine, V-10. WTF?
13. Benz CLK Black Series. Something that gives me chills. I just think this car is fabulous inside and out.
14. Toyota quality. Big disappointment, they clearly dropped the ball here and took their eyes off what made them famous as they expanded at a great pace. Their interiors are now average and no longer class leading.
15. Chevy Malibu. I think its one of the best efforts outside of Caddy that GM has made in recent years. Good looking inside and out, good power and trying to lead and not copy so much.
16. Caddy CTS. What an interior, maybe best in class and a bold front end (though the rest looks like last model). Caddy is sticking with its Art and Science and I can't wait to see them evolve all the models.
17. Our latest crop of Clublexus Moderators. Believe it or not, I'm the oldest part of the management team around here and I've seen mods come and go and we appreciate all their help. The latest round that were promoted IMO is the BEST crop I've seen since I've been here. Active and they do a great job keeping things around here sane.
18. Car Chat. Its continues to grow and grow and grow and its one of the busiest forums on Clublexus. It used to be a part of the Clubhouse. Big thanks to ALL the posters, no matter what is your favorite brand. Big thanks to Robarapta and MMarshall, Enigma (Encore), GFerg and there are so many names to thank the list is endless.

Until the Sun dwarfs the Earth as a White Dwarf, Car Chat ftw!!!

Last edited by Gojirra99; 12-19-07 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-19-07, 09:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
4. Ryan (Flipside) being our Lisason with Lexus Corporate. Ryan is HUGE in making the Leguna Seca IS-F drive happen and now the other IS-F drives around. He has Clublexus and Lexus always on his mind. Shout out to him for making 2007 special for so many members.
Thanks Ryan!!!

So, when will you hook us up with the LF-A?
Old 12-19-07, 10:42 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yay go Ryan! It was also his birthday this past Tuesday.
Old 12-20-07, 04:11 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, the Moderators here at Cl do a great job. Thank you all for your time and efforts, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike. Happy Birthday, Ryan.
Old 12-20-07, 04:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm definately impressed with the 335i and the GT-R, I was a little dissapointed with the IS-F numbers but still a great car overall. Yes the mods have done an excellent job in keeping it friendly especially dealing with characters like me
Old 12-20-07, 06:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

One of the big automotive events of the year has to be Toyota finally overtaking GM as the world's largest automaker, GM briefly playing see-saw for a while and retaking it, and now the two of them in a virtual dead heat, though, of course, this really means more on paper than in real-world conditions. Unfortunately, in its helter-skelter growth, quality on some Toyota-Lexus products, especially interior materials, hardware, and sheet metal, suffered as the company tried to economize its operations.

Any Nominations from you guys for Car of the Year...the best, most improved, or most significant new vehicle?

I'll give it to the Cadillac CTS....with Runner-Up to the Lexus IS-F, and Honorable Mentions to the Chevy Malibu, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (despite its outlandish grille ), and Nissan GT-R
Old 12-20-07, 06:44 AM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I like to thank the wonderful staff and moderators here @ CL and of course the terrific reviews of MMarshall, truly appreciate all the effort you guys put in.

Anyway, my flight is tomorrow back for the states, 6 months is a long time hehe.. I'd like to wish everyone here a blessed Merry Christmas.