Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q dead...new 4 door coupe flagship might come

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 08:13 PM
regulatorr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring it back ... Q style

Quote from Infiniti of Scottsdale
The Infiniti Q is on the way back! Infiniti introduces the Q concept, according to insiders, which will arrive in US dealerships in 1-2 years. With its luxurious touches inside to its streamlined design outside, it’s got a “modern living” theme that makes it a top choice for the future.

On the interior, it’s got a backlit instrument cluster, a color scheme that extends throughout the instrument panel, storage compartments, smart climate control using an organic grape seed filter and much more. It looks clean and emphasizes functionality, but also has the feel of home.

The exterior includes some important features such as the suicide-door configuration, making the vehicle easy to enter and exit. In addition, it’s fuel-efficient and includes all of the safety features that you’ve come to appreciate in an Infiniti.

For more information, visit Infiniti of Scottsdale.

The car itself looks very spacious but im not too sure on the design, yet.
The suicide door part . . . very intresting coming out from Infiniti.
The car itself looks pretty long like a MB S-class.

Last edited by regulatorr; 12-07-07 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-07-07, 08:15 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Looks like a 4-door coupe ? . . .
Old 12-07-07, 08:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Found this in another forum ...
Originally Posted by Jawad
November 29, 2007

The latest news about a Q replacement comes from factory representatives informing dealers of current developments. According to to what they have been told, a Q replacement will be marketed to compete with the Mercedes-Benz CLS, future BMW 8-Series, future Audi A7, and possibly as a lower priced alternative to the Quattroporte. They are going to be marketing it as a "high-style and technology four-door coupe", with the best possible driving experience.

Supposedly, they are wanting to go in a different direction this time, not directly competing with the S-Class, 7-Series, A8, and LS because of their past failures. Although, cross-shopping will still likely occur with these models as well. Also, it will not be called the Q because of the poor history and sales of that name. It will go by a different name. Infiniti wants to create a new image for buyers of this car.

The real Q will be resurected further down the road, but Mark Igo (Vice President and General Manager for Infiniti) still has to submit a proper marketing and profitability case to Ghosen. They realize that the three Q generations have not been successful. There is a slight possibility that the Q replacement might not show up until Infiniti receives proper market reaction/acceptance to their CLS competitor.

For now, they want to make a steady move upmarket, with a CLS type competitor. The CLS has a price range anywhere from $69k for the CLS550 to $93k for the CLS63. Infiniti hopes to go somewhere in the middle of that scale for the largest engine/fully equipped model. Considering BMW and Audi are both coming out with a "4 door coupe", the question is how much room is there in this segment for growth.
If true, then it won't really be a Q replacement ...
Old 12-07-07, 08:33 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I like Infiniti, I think another generation of FX and M need to roll by successfully before the world is ready to dish out $70K for one of their products. There doesn't seem to be a tremendous demand for Infinitis above $60k.

They really succeed in the $30K-$45K area and IMO should look to diversify in those segments. G37 coupe, new EX, maybe an M coupe, perhaps G/M convertible?

Last edited by MPLexus301; 12-07-07 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-07-07, 08:52 PM
stockySC4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
As much as I like Infiniti, I think another generation of FX and M need to roll by successfully before the world is ready to dish out $70K for one of their products. There doesn't seem to be a tremendous demand for Infinitis above $60k.

They really succeed in the $30K-$45K area and IMO should look to diversify in those segments. G37 coupe, new EX, maybe an M coupe, perhaps G/M convertible?

agreed. No one is ready for a $70K+ infiniti.

tho, i dont know how many more cars you can really push into the same 30-45K segment.
Old 12-07-07, 10:03 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

This is the nissan intima concept so i have no idea what this infiniti dealership is thinking putting this on their website. I thought it was already pretty much confirmed that this is a front wheel drive car and that it was going to be the next maxima possibly? Either way, i like the design
Old 12-07-07, 10:06 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
This is the nissan intima concept so i have no idea what this infiniti dealership is thinking putting this on their website. I thought it was already pretty much confirmed that this is a front wheel drive car and that it was going to be the next maxima possibly? Either way, i like the design
+1
The Infiniti of Scottsdale is gonna get pwned.
Old 12-07-07, 10:10 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Old 12-07-07, 10:15 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Infiniti has been doing a good job in progressing further into the luxury market, and reviving the Q is a great idea.

However, Infiniti needs to progress technologically to be able to play with the big boys such as Lexus and BMW. Like I've said in other posts, Infiniti wants the best of both worlds (BMW perfomance with Lexus refinement), but fails to excel in either aspect.
Old 12-07-07, 10:41 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats the Intima Concept. First it was supposed to be the new Maxima, now its the new Q??? Guys are desparate to make a buzz for the Q.
Old 12-08-07, 01:33 AM
regulatorr
Rookie

^^
wow, what a bust.
Old 12-08-07, 05:37 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Nice looking car. I wonder if the suicide doors would even make it to production though.
Old 12-08-07, 05:44 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

those pics were taken at tokyo.
they're not the maxima concept.
the new maxima is coming at NYIAS

and fwiw, people will definitely pay $70k for an infiniti or nissan....
Old 12-08-07, 05:57 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Looks too big and too heavy. I prefer smaller cars.
Old 12-08-07, 07:16 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess Nissan's bringing back the 4dr hardtop (no b-pillars).

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q dead...new 4 door coupe flagship might come