Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 is Maserati's most successful year in history

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 09:33 PM
LexFather

Exclamation 2007 is Maserati's most successful year in history

November was the best month ever for Maserati North America, continuing the trend which is set to make 2007 the most successful year in the Trident’s history.

While the launch of the sensational new GranTurismo in November was guaranteed to be a success, it is also no surprise the Quattroporte is continuing to dominate its market segment as well. In fact every other manufacturer in the luxury sports sedan sector has seen sales decline in 2007 - BMW, Mercedes and Bentley have seen sales of their models in the segment fall 40 to 60% compared to last year - while Maserati alone has achieved an increase in the segment, growing more than 50% over 2006, which was itself a record year. Resounding proof indeed that the Quattroporte and GranTurismo make a winning combination, and Maserati makes the most desirable cars on the market.

With such stylish, practical and exclusive cars as the Quattroporte and GranTurismo, it is hardly surprising that an increasing number of people are choosing cars which are both understated and different, which don’t simply follow the well-trodden path beaten by BMW and Mercedes. Maserati’s trajectory of success continues to gain strength, although with the exceptional personalization possibilities and the limited number of cars Maserati produces, the elegant exclusivity of the Trident is entirely preserved for owners.

Old 12-20-07, 10:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the Quattoporte, that was going to replace the 7series before I went speed crazy. I test drove one and all. Compared to the Quattroporte, the 7series felt like a boat when I got back in it.

I also like the GT, I just wish it had a sexier window profile, I hate that stodgy quarter window. Its like a box in the middle of all these sexy curves!
Old 12-22-07, 05:52 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

how hard is it to be successful when the company's name is maserati and the product isn't this ?
Old 12-22-07, 08:20 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juniorEXE
how hard is it to be successful when the company's name is maserati and the product isn't this ?
LOL, the infamous Chrysler TC by Maserati, I always remember that car for having a bow tied with leather string at the base of the shift ****, how italian

LOL

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-22-07 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-22-07, 09:05 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
LOL, the infamous Chrysler TC by Maserati, I always remember that car for having a bow tied with leather string at the base of the shift ****, how italian

LOL
LOL never knew that

how