Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Any Lexus owner owns Mazda CX-9?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 03:56 PM
gewe21
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Lexus owner owns Mazda CX-9?

Considering a Mazda CX9 for 2nd car. I love its design and roominess + it uses regular gas instead of premium. Any Lexus owner owns this car beside their Lexus' ? What do you think of the overall quality & reliability of the car ? How quiet is the car ?
Old 12-21-07, 04:00 PM
LexFather

Nice to see you in car chat. I think a couple do own it or the CX-7. Overall we like both SUVs a bunch.

Old 12-21-07, 04:03 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

not a bad truck at all....reliabilty is to be seen!! they are built in japan...cant be that bad!!
Old 12-21-07, 05:24 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i rented one about a month or 2 ago put about 2000 miles on it before i switch out... it handles ok for a van good touque feel pretty solid wish have better mpg.. the one i rented was a fwd sport model i guess 4wd model mpg would be worst but other than that i think this is a good van.
Old 12-21-07, 08:39 PM
gewe21
Lead Lap

Default Good start...

Thanks for the replies.

I agree with JDMUSCLE, at least it's made in Japan, however the fact that the engine is Ford scares me a bit.

Also, most reviews and forums never mention anything about build quality, tightness (no rattle & squeak), that's the reason I'm asking people in CL forum to rate it. Maybe people in other forums don't care so much about such things, but I'm a bit sensitive on squeak & rattle issue (especially coming from owning a 5 years old LS with no reliability problem and no build / rattle issue), and I know for sure many CL members are like me, hence the reason I'm asking the question here.

Anyone cares to add ? CX-9 Owners ??

My safe alternative would be to buy a used Land Cruiser, LX470, or GX470, however I love the looks & size of CX-9 inside & out. Safe = proven reliability & resale value & I've had beautiful memories with Land Cruiser family
Old 12-21-07, 08:41 PM
gewe21
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Nice to see you in car chat. I think a couple do own it or the CX-7. Overall we like both SUVs a bunch.
Thanks. It's been a while since my last post @ LS forum, since my car is back to stock.
Old 12-21-07, 09:47 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gewe21
Thanks for the replies.

I agree with JDMUSCLE, at least it's made in Japan, however the fact that the engine is Ford scares me a bit.

Also, most reviews and forums never mention anything about build quality, tightness (no rattle & squeak), that's the reason I'm asking people in CL forum to rate it. Maybe people in other forums don't care so much about such things, but I'm a bit sensitive on squeak & rattle issue (especially coming from owning a 5 years old LS with no reliability problem and no build / rattle issue), and I know for sure many CL members are like me, hence the reason I'm asking the question here.

Anyone cares to add ? CX-9 Owners ??

My safe alternative would be to buy a used Land Cruiser, LX470, or GX470, however I love the looks & size of CX-9 inside & out. Safe = proven reliability & resale value & I've had beautiful memories with Land Cruiser family
Not a Mazda CX-9 owner but owner of Mazda MPV which uses a Ford engine, honestly since we've owned since 2001 and it hasn't had any trouble at all with the 52,000 miles have put on it since the day we got it and it has been proven to be reliable in all other aspects aswell.
Old 12-21-07, 10:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

love the looks & size of CX-9 inside & out.
I have never been in one but I have to agree, the styling is excellent. I love the proportions of the CX-7, not too big not too small.

I swear kids turn you into a soccermom, I was all gushy over a Murano I rented for about a month because it was so spacious and had good room for the babyseat! lol
Old 12-21-07, 10:24 PM
LexFather

Thanks. It's been a while since my last post @ LS forum, since my car is back to stock.
Found it! Great review by our own MMarshall.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=REVIEW