Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

hyundai genesis (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 10:16 AM
carguy101
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$30,000 is the anticipated base price for a 3.3L V6 Genesis. I can see a loaded-to-the-gills V8 Genesis stickering for $45,000. Actual street prices will be a different story, however.
Old 03-03-08, 10:21 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by carguy101
$30,000 is the anticipated base price for a 3.3L V6 Genesis. I can see a loaded-to-the-gills V8 Genesis stickering for $45,000. Actual street prices will be a different story, however.
I definitely expect incentives will be used to push sales.
Old 03-03-08, 10:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy101
I think that would kill the V8's prospects. I think they need to keep the fully-loaded Genesis under $40K.
Old 03-03-08, 08:52 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I simply cannot picture how a loaded V8 Genesis will have an MSRP under 40K. Out the door price could be under 40K though.
Old 03-03-08, 08:54 PM
LexFather

Old 03-04-08, 02:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
My gut feeling is that this fully loaded V8 version of Genesis will stay under 40K. Hyundai knows they don't want to go too expensive.

I also have a gut feeling this is going to be a 5.5 sec car in 0-60 and sub 14 sec in quarter mile. I can't wait for this thing to come out so I can test drive. When are these coming out to dealers in the states?
nice feelings :-).
Old 03-04-08, 02:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by KA8
True loaded v6 35K sounds about right. So don't expect to pay anything under that for loaded v8. Last time I checked a loaded avalon costs almost 40K and doesn't have all the nice features that come with genesis
you can get loaded Azera, without a lot of real luxury features for 30k.

I dont see how Genesis can have pricing everyone wants, if all other Hyundai cars are priced as they are right now.
Old 03-04-08, 03:30 AM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

i really dont see people paying 45k for a hyundai... 30k sounds great for the v6.... 40k sounds acceptable for the V8...but at 45 i dont believe there is enough value against the competition to compensate for the lack of a luxury nameplate.
Old 03-04-08, 04:07 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm also wondering where do people keep getting the 30K figure from? Hyundai has not revealed prices yet. 30K will very likely be a mid-range V6 Genesis. I will say this right now, there is NO WAY you will see a loaded V8 Genesis for 30K. A loaded V8 Genesis will very likely approach or even exceed 40K. A loaded V6 Genesis should be in the mid 30K range.
It's from the Hyundai press release within article below linked earlier this thread, also last year they did a release...

Last year they announced...the Genesis is going to be OVER 300 HP and UNDER 30k. Though I suspect the under 30k will be a base model, perhaps absent NAV and the upgraded sound system...psych posted fully decked out with every upgrade roughly 36k

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/08/d...kes-things-up/
Old 03-04-08, 05:55 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
you can get loaded Azera, without a lot of real luxury features for 30k.

I dont see how Genesis can have pricing everyone wants, if all other Hyundai cars are priced as they are right now.
I wonder if the Azera will go away?

A heavily optioned Azera can list at $32-$33K. If a V8 Genesis can really be had for the the low $30's, and a V6 Genesis for less than that, is there a need for it?
Old 03-04-08, 06:17 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looking at those pics, I would have to agree that it definitely looks better with the badge on the front grill. What doesn't look good however are those body moldings. The exterior already is anonymous, and those moldings simply make it look tacky and cheap.

The interior looks good, but I just can't get excited about it. The steering wheel looks quite plain, and the over-abundance of wood trim reminds me of a Buick. That's probably not the top-level interior, but my guess is you'll be paying quite a bit to get that interior.

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
It's from the Hyundai press release within article below linked earlier this thread, also last year they did a release...

Last year they announced...the Genesis is going to be OVER 300 HP and UNDER 30k. Though I suspect the under 30k will be a base model, perhaps absent NAV and the upgraded sound system...psych posted fully decked out with every upgrade roughly 36k

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/08/d...kes-things-up/
Did you read everything at the link?

PRESS RELEASE:

HYUNDAI UNVEILS GENESIS PREMIUM SPORTS SEDAN

Hyundai crafts a rival to $60,000 sports sedans ... with a starting price under $30,000
Nowhere does it say it will offer "over 300HP and under 30K".

It simply states starting price under 30K, and we already know that.

The base price will be the 3.3L V6 Genesis, next in price will be the 3.8L Genesis. Hyundai has purposely not yet revealed the starting price for the V8, or the price for a loaded V8.

Why is this hard to believe? The Veracruz can get pricey rather quickly. A Veracruz Limited has an MSRP of 34K. Problem is, for 34K you can also get a nicely loaded CUV from the established competition. 34K will get you a Buick Enclave or a nicely loaded Highlander. That is why Hyundai is forced to offer heavy incentives and why the Veracruz is selling poorly. It's imitating styling doesn't help either.

I stick to what I said earlier; I simply cannot see how a loaded V8 Genesis (including Nav and the Lexicon system) will have an MSRP under 40K.
Old 03-04-08, 06:27 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Looking at those pics, I would have to agree that it definitely looks better with the badge on the front grill. What doesn't look good however are those body moldings. The exterior already is anonymous, and those moldings simply make it look tacky and cheap.

The interior looks good, but I just can't get excited about it. The steering wheel looks quite plain, and the over-abundance of wood trim reminds me of a Buick. That's probably not the top-level interior, but my guess is you'll be paying quite a bit to get that interior.

Did you read everything at the link?

Nowhere does it say it will offer "over 300HP and under 30K".

It simply states starting price under 30K, and we already know that.

The base price will be the 3.3L V6 Genesis, next in price will be the 3.8L Genesis. Hyundai has purposely not yet revealed the starting price for the V8, or the price for a loaded V8.

Why is this hard to believe? The Veracruz can get pricey rather quickly. A Veracruz Limited has an MSRP of 34K. Problem is, for 34K you can also get a nicely loaded CUV from the established competition. 34K will get you a Buick Enclave or a nicely loaded Highlander. That is why Hyundai is forced to offer heavy incentives and why the Veracruz is selling poorly. It's imitating styling doesn't help either.

I stick to what I said earlier; I simply cannot see how a loaded V8 Genesis (including Nav and the Lexicon system) will have an MSRP under 40K.
I said last year they announced (Press Release) I in no way said it is in the one in the link. They may go back on what they announced last year, but I think the base V8 is going to be under 30k..Honda puts out comparable V6 at to Genesis V6 well under 30k so add a few k, as in maybe 2k to cover engine size increase and tranny upgrade and I can see them doing it, just as they said last year.
Old 03-04-08, 06:36 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Hyundai says a lot of things. Hyundai boldly proclaimed they would hit the 500,000 sales mark in the US last year. Guess what happened to that goal? They failed.

Hyundai consistently makes ridiculous comparisons, comparing the Azera to the LS/S-Class/7, comparing the Veracruz to the RX.

If Hyundai offers a base V8 Genesis under 30K, I will eat my words. *I* will even make the Genesis V8 my next purchase if it's offered under 30K, but I can almost guarantee it won't be. It simply won't be possible unless Hyundai cuts some serious corners somewhere on the Genesis.
Old 03-04-08, 06:48 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Hyundai says a lot of things. Hyundai boldly proclaimed they would hit the 500,000 sales mark in the US last year. Guess what happened to that goal? They failed.

Hyundai consistently makes ridiculous comparisons, comparing the Azera to the LS/S-Class/7, comparing the Veracruz to the RX.

If Hyundai offers a base V8 Genesis under 30K, I will eat my words. *I* will even make the Genesis V8 my next purchase if it's offered under 30K, but I can almost guarantee it won't be. It simply won't be possible unless Hyundai cuts some serious corners somewhere on the Genesis.
ok, but be sure you limit yourself to the base V8 when you pick up your next new car

http://news.taume.com/World-Business...ORTS-SEDAN-754

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/UPDAT...s-Genesis.html

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/11...dan-bmw-5.html
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
If a V8 Genesis can really be had for the the low $30's, and a V6 Genesis for less than that, is there a need for it?
Ain't no way boss.

My guess is they'll make the V8 Genesis 'just under' 40K or something, so they can advertise it that way.

Quick Reply: hyundai genesis (merged threads)