Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac Provoq Concept.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-08, 12:00 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what difference it makes but I am still not convinced. I don't think the interior shots look fine. There's probably a reason why the press release talks a lot more about hydrogen fuel cell technology than the design of the concept. I don't know why you would build a concept vehicle (is this thing showing up in the metal anywhere?), photograph it inside and out, and put a fake drivers side mirror on it? Normally auto makers go way out of their way to make sure you know that they have an active and fertile design department and when they pay the bucks for a hardware concept to be built, they like to show it off.

In an abstract sense, I am not a spute kind of guy but it is a handsome design if you are interested in such things. But I believe that it and hydrogen technology won't be production ready for a long, long time.
Old 01-08-08, 12:31 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see the RX in this at all. That being said, I love this design and it screams caddy the first time you look at it (for good or for bad, it's all good for me). A big to caddy. I hope they bring this to production without much change. Great replacement for the outgoing SRX.
Old 01-08-08, 02:00 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Handsome, bold design. RX?... Please. This makes the RX look like someone's baby sister.

This appears to be 80-90% production-possible too.
Old 01-08-08, 02:00 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Looks nice but it looks more like a Acura MDX especially from the front with some Cadillac slits and vents. Interior looks interesting. Makes more sense then a goofy Escalade.
Old 01-08-08, 02:10 PM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

stop with the crease to side vent cues!
Old 01-09-08, 12:59 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Looks nice but it looks more like a Acura MDX especially from the front with some Cadillac slits and vents. Interior looks interesting. Makes more sense then a goofy Escalade.
I do see the Acura styling, bux not the Lexus RX. I like that way the Cadillac looks. GM has come a very long way, I now have faith in ONE of the American Brands
Old 01-09-08, 09:15 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Christ. I wish they would have but the Sixteen into production. Now that would have been something to see stretched for the President.

Anyways. I would drive it. If the concept would be like that on the production side of things.

I wonder when Lexus will come out with some sort of hydrogen/electric concept.
Old 01-18-08, 02:15 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As mentioned, this does appear to be the new Cadillac BRX.

Otherwise, believe me - Cadillac will NEVER consider a Lexus design while designing their own vehicles. Nothing at all against Lexus.. Just Cadillac and Lexus are 100% completely the opposite when it comes to designs.

Vehicles are getting very similar across the board. But you never have to worry about Cadillac copying a Lexus design.