Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Porsche Commercial in over 2 years.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-08, 12:29 PM
RicTio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Old 01-12-08, 01:25 PM
L&E
Driver

Originally Posted by encore888
I remember seeing a Porsche commercial a year or so ago, it was the one where the boy goes to the Porsche dealership and sits inside a 911 (IIRC), gets a business car from the salesman, and says that 'he'll be back in 20 years' or so to buy.
That was a good commercial. This one is lame.
Old 01-12-08, 01:31 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JLSC4
I like how most Porsches look but I've also driven a Cayenne and it's one of the worst cars I've ever driven (talked about it a bit in my German car thread). Starting with the idiotic left handed ignition to the hardest accelerator to control smoothly and brakes that stop too sharply. I wouldn't drive that thing for free.

We all know your extremely biased against German cars.....
Old 01-12-08, 01:56 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mavericck
We all know your extremely biased against German cars.....
Why would I be biased against german cars? I have no predisposed bias against any car. I get into ever car I drive and judge it for what it is whether is is Japanese, American, German, Korean, whatever.

There are Japanese cars that I don't like the feel of either.

Please don't make assumptions.

I've owned 5 cars and only one has been Japanese, which I wouldn't call a bias. Before purchasing my SC 5 years ago, I was considering a comparibly priced BMW 3 series but decided on the SC after further research. I was totally open about actually buying a German car.
Old 01-12-08, 02:21 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Why would I be biased against german cars? I have no predisposed bias against any car. I get into ever car I drive and judge it for what it is whether is is Japanese, American, German, Korean, whatever.

There are Japanese cars that I don't like the feel of either.

Please don't make assumptions.

I've owned 5 cars and only one has been Japanese, which I wouldn't call a bias. Before purchasing my SC 5 years ago, I was considering a comparibly priced BMW 3 series but decided on the SC after further research. I was totally open about actually buying a German car.
Were you not the one who made this thread? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322899
Old 01-12-08, 02:38 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Were you not the one who made this thread? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=322899
How does this show a "bias" against German cars? It was a discussion about the likes and dislikes of the feel and ergonomics of cars.

Please tell me why you think I am againt German cars simply because they're German. In the thread I explained all the things that I didn't care for in general when it came to German engineered cars.

Sorry guys for going off topic a bit but I don't like being called a bias person for no reason.
Old 01-12-08, 03:03 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

How does this show a "bias" against German cars? It was a discussion about the likes and dislikes of the feel and ergonomics of cars.

Please tell me why you think I am againt German cars simply because they're German. In the thread I explained all the things that I didn't care for in general when it came to German engineered cars.

Sorry guys for going off topic a bit but I don't like being called a bias person for no reason.
Your postings in that thread shows a clear bias against german cars, to me there is no question about that.
Old 01-12-08, 03:15 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Your postings in that thread shows a clear bias against german cars, to me there is no question about that.
I give up.

We're obviously not enititled to share opinions about cars in a car chat forum.

BTW, just because someone doesn't like the qualities of something doesn't mean they have a bias against it. Makes no sense. Look up the defintion.
Old 01-12-08, 03:15 PM
LexFather

Guys please stop. All people have some bias, no one is completely unbiased. Not everyone will like Lexus, not everyone will like the Germans.

Stick to making observations and comments on the TOPIC and not on MEMBERS.

Old 01-12-08, 03:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i agree with sick, get back on topic and take the conversation to pm please

thanks