Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 New York Auto Show: Nissan To Take Wraps off Redesigned 2009 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-08, 03:28 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean
Um, how bout no, Scott The 3rd gen GS is just a new generation of the GS series and if one looks at the 2nd gen GS, they can easily see the evolution of the model. The current gen Maxima looks nothing like the previous gen Maxima. The design for the 3rd gen GS was already in the pipeline when Nissan released their copy. If I were to look at concept pictures of the next-gen Dodge RAM and then release a truck that looked strikingly similar before they could get theirs to market; I'd be called out on it. Nissan did the same thing.
My name is not Scott, I don't think the 3rd Gen GS looks anything like the 2nd Gen GS aside from the two larger headlights in front with smaller lights towards the middle of the grill. The 2nd Gen GS was a very elegant classy looking sedan that looked like a luxury sedan where the 3rd Gen just looks sleeker and more modern fastback yet does not look anything like a upscale luxury sedan and could be easily mistaken for a Nissan or Toyota model. The rear end of the 3rd Gen GS just does not work well. I wish they would have made the inner rear tail lights seperated by sheetmetal like in the 2nd Gen instead of being all one peice of plastic which looks less elegant and more like a Altima/Maxima. I am surprised their is not a aftermarket paintjob or kit to make it so the bodycolor of the car seperates the breaklight to have the 2nd Gen GS look which I think would look much nicer. Aside from the similiar headlight design of the 2nd and 3rd Gen GS I would not be able to tell the 3rd Gen is related or a newer GS, they just look too diferent. The 3rd Gen is not a bad looking or ugly car it just does not have the upmarket luxury looks of the 2nd Gen and has a ugly rear end.