Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Infiniti Q flagship still in doubt

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 01:04 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always liked the q45, who said it was too sporty? are you kidding me compared to what, the LS? anything is sporty compared to the LS, which i equate to driving a big sofa on wheels and crap steering to go along with it. infiniti has the technology to make a comprable size car that can compete against the european sedans in terms of "sporting" ability and match it up with the LS and the RL in terms of "luxury" and build quality.
Old 01-16-08, 06:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AM1
i always liked the q45, who said it was too sporty? are you kidding me compared to what, the LS? anything is sporty compared to the LS, which i equate to driving a big sofa on wheels and crap steering to go along with it. infiniti has the technology to make a comprable size car that can compete against the european sedans in terms of "sporting" ability and match it up with the LS and the RL in terms of "luxury" and build quality.

No, nobody's kidding you.
The Q45, especially the first and third-generation models, though obviously no Miata or S2000, WAS more sport-oriented than the LS. And the "crap steering" and "living room sofa" characteristics that you equate with the LS are precisely THE reasons why the car sold so well.........along with its reputation for quality. People who shop for cars like that want comfort and quietness.....they are not doing slalom runs. The LS delivered that......in spades. The Q45 didn't....is sales suffered as a result.
Old 01-16-08, 08:29 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I like infiniti and what they have to offer.
But for starter, they got to remodel their showrooms. It's pretty pathetic for a "luxury" brand
Excellent observation GS3Tek. As an owner of multiple "luxury" brands, I can speak from experience. It is like night and day! A dark night at the Infiniti dealership! Heck, the Nissan dealership I frequent is in better shape than Infiniti.
Old 01-16-08, 08:44 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
Excellent observation GS3Tek. As an owner of multiple "luxury" brands, I can speak from experience. It is like night and day! A dark night at the Infiniti dealership! Heck, the Nissan dealership I frequent is in better shape than Infiniti.
Depends on the dealership. I live in so-cal and the Infiniti dealerships here are nice. The Lexus is nice too but not really any "better" than the Infiniti dealerships.
Old 02-04-08, 06:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default New Infiniti Q flagship still in doubt

New Infiniti Q flagship still in doubt

Posted on Monday 4 February 2008

Infiniti dealers are confident a new Q flagship will be introduced before the end of the decade but the man at the top, CEO Carlos Ghosn, remains undecided over whether to build a next-generation Q. The previous model ended production back in 2006 and at the time the base sticker price of the car was $58,750. The current range topper is the M45, which starts at $50,065, so there’s definitely room for a more upmarket model.

“We know something will come,” Infiniti dealer Peter Wilson told Automotive News. “We just don’t know what it will look like.” Ghosn, on the other hand, is still waiting on management to come with a suitable business case for a new Q flagship. And one of the execs trying to make the case is the general manager of Infiniti North America, Mark Igo, who told reporters such a car would “help make the brand better” but it will take to time to show that it will be profitable.

The biggest hurdle is creating a car with global appeal. Infiniti is no longer a brand isolated to the U.S., and is in fact now sold in Korea, China, and Russia and soon it will be available in most of Western Europe. Dealers will need to find some common ground on the specifications for the new car but the task is proving difficult. Last month, Infiniti retailers from around the world met in Japan to discuss potential powertrain and transmission options for a new car but they couldn’t come to an agreement.
via motorauthority