Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Infiniti FX-series Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 04:57 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

i think in blsck, it would look awesome
Old 03-04-08, 05:03 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the following sums up my take on this vehicle:

exterior: 9.5/10

interior 12/10

id take it in diamond graphite with black interior or black with black interior. Would have loved if they offered red interior on this.

the best sport SUV crossover i have seen to date. I just cant seem to get enough of that interior especially of the steering wheel.

Just downright beautiful!!
Old 03-04-08, 05:03 PM
LexFather

What someone made on another forum

Old 03-04-08, 05:08 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Hahahah!!!! Rofl!!!! Lmao!!! Lol!!! What we're they thinking?! I mean the current one looks a 1,000 times better. I hope they are just thinking about it then deciding to put it into production.
Old 03-04-08, 05:11 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What someone made on another forum

I would think only a 5 year old might find this entertaining

Regarding the FX50: I have mixed feelings about the exterior styling. But the interior & perfomance is a definately plus

Old 03-04-08, 05:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by skater
I would think only a 5 year old might find this entertaining

Regarding the FX50: I have mixed feelings about the exterior styling. But the interior & perfomance is a definately plus

I would think a 5 year old designed this monstrosity called the FX; looks similar to the drawing below.

Old 03-04-08, 05:27 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

I would think a 5 year old designed this monstrosity called the FX; looks similar to the drawing below.

Thank you for reaffirming my point [of my last post]

Old 03-04-08, 05:38 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

i just watched the press video.

390 horses and over 500 NM of torque? holy crap!! thats more than diesels. lol
Old 03-04-08, 05:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by skater
Thank you for reaffirming my point [of my last post]

I'm letting you slide b/c you are trying to be slick and make a smart comment towards me, instead of focusing on the FX.

Notice I didn't reply about you.

Keep it up.

So my guess is this will battle the X6 more than the X5?

Last edited by LexFather; 03-04-08 at 05:47 PM.

Old 03-04-08, 05:51 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

iono, its coupe-ish like the X6.

the thing is the X6 is really in a class of its own. if anything it will steal sales from the X5.

i think all these ultra powerful suvs are all categorized in the same group, in the > 50K area.

also, when did the original FX come out? seems like a really quick change, before the RX
Old 03-04-08, 06:17 PM
LexFather

Outside the exterior, it looks like Infiniti did their homework.
New engines
New tranny
New, much much better EX influenced Interior
New rear active sways
Brakes from the G37 Sport are avail
21" wheels.

They really did their HW with this vehicle. I hope the price holds. Another thing is Infiniti is giving their vehicles all these items but I fear like the G35/G37 and now this, they look too similar to the previous version.

These are Euro models, and as I posted in another thread, Euro Infiniti's get more upgraded interiors than in America. Also it seems we WILL GET the FX 35 first, then the FX 37 eventually.

Last edited by LexFather; 03-04-08 at 09:44 PM.

Old 03-04-08, 06:48 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
i just watched the press video.

390 horses and over 500 NM of torque? holy crap!! thats more than diesels. lol
It's 500 Nm NOT 500 lb-ft. Don't get too excited.

That translates to 369 lb-ft torque.

So my guess is this will battle the X6 more than the X5?
Seeing as how Infiniti markets the FX as having "coupe" styling, and BMW is marketing the X6 as a "coupe", then this does look like it competes with the X6 more than the X5.

That comparison just shows how horrible the FX exterior is. The X6 looks MUCH MUCH better exterior-wise.

Outside the exterior, it looks like Infiniti did their homework.
New engines
New tranny
New, much much better EX influenced Interior
New rear active sways
Brakes from the G37 Sport are avail
21" wheels.

They really did their HW with this vehicle. I hope the price holds. Another thing is Infiniti is giving their vehicles all these items but I fear like the G35/G37 and now this, they look too similar to the previous version.

These are Euro models, and as I posted in another thread, Euro Infiniti's get more upgraded interiors than in America. Also it seems we WILL GET the FX 35 first, then the FX 37 eventually.
Interior is definitely an improvement over the old FX, but I wish they had differentiated it more from the EX and from some recent Nissan interiors.

Also it sounds like the 7 speed will be on the FX50, but might not be on the FX35.

Overall I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be with the engine. 5.0L V8 with 390HP and 369 lb-ft of torque? It makes the same amount of torque, and only 10 more HP than the Lexus 4.6L V8, despite having a bigger displacement. It also has a higher redline than the Lexus V8. I also doubt the fuel economy will exceed the Lexus V8, but we'll see. It's definitely a competitive engine, but I guess I just expected more. BMW's upcoming TT V8 will be more powerful than this.

I guess I'd be less dissapointed if there wasn't so much hype about this engine.
Old 03-04-08, 07:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
It's 500 Nm NOT 500 lb-ft. Don't get too excited.

That translates to 369 lb-ft torque.

Seeing as how Infiniti markets the FX as having "coupe" styling, and BMW is marketing the X6 as a "coupe", then this does look like it competes with the X6 more than the X5.

That comparison just shows how horrible the FX exterior is. The X6 looks MUCH MUCH better exterior-wise.

Interior is definitely an improvement over the old FX, but I wish they had differentiated it more from the EX and from some recent Nissan interiors.

Also it sounds like the 7 speed will be on the FX50, but might not be on the FX35.

Overall I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be with the engine. 5.0L V8 with 390HP and 369 lb-ft of torque? It makes the same amount of torque, and only 10 more HP than the Lexus 4.6L V8, despite having a bigger displacement. It also has a higher redline than the Lexus V8. I also doubt the fuel economy will exceed the Lexus V8, but we'll see. It's definitely a competitive engine, but I guess I just expected more. BMW's upcoming TT V8 will be more powerful than this.

I guess I'd be less dissapointed if there wasn't so much hype about this engine.
While it is a "F" model, the Lexus 5.0 is more tuned for longevity, not all out power. And it has 416hp from a 5.0 V-8 as a comparison.

Both engines are a far cry from the 5.0 V-8s in Ford Mustangs of the 80s!!!

Old 03-04-08, 07:07 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm really liking the interior. Very nice. I like the rear, but everything else is disgusting.
Old 03-04-08, 07:13 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Though I think the interior of the FX is very nice, why do all new Infiniti's have the same center stack??

Can you even tell which Infiniti model these interior's come from??

Throw in the Murano for the heck of it.

Quick Reply: 2009 Infiniti FX-series Spy Shots