Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Infiniti FX-series Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 02:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by shyguy16
do u really hate nissan/infiniti that much?
every one of ur posts i've read re: anything nissan is negative, maybe overly-critical at best.

while any posts with any negativity regarding toyota/lexus, u beomce the biggest toyota apologist. its hard to take ur posts seriously with all this bias.

nissan is my 2nd fav brand (lexus first of course), dad had an old 2nd gen maxima ago that i vaguely remember.
can't we just hate on acura/honda?
And you are the SECOND Nissan guy to make PERSONAL remarks, instead of talking about the vehicle.

This topic is not about TRD and what you think of him. If its that serious, PM him. While he maybe biased towards Lexus, let me remind you this is Club Lexus. I browsed FA and amazingly some people are worried about what WE are saying. instead of talking about the FX.

It is polorizing, people are entitled to not like it. TRD is entitled to his opinon, even if it leaves no room for you to agree with any of it.

TRD, I will ask to not re-hash points over and over as it just causes people to want to argue with you, not the car in question.

One more personal remark from anyone in this thread and they will be officially warned with an infraction.

Old 03-05-08, 02:36 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguy16
do u really hate nissan/infiniti that much?
every one of ur posts i've read re: anything nissan is negative, maybe overly-critical at best.

while any posts with any negativity regarding toyota/lexus, u beomce the biggest toyota apologist. its hard to take ur posts seriously with all this bias.

nissan is my 2nd fav brand (lexus first of course), dad had an old 2nd gen maxima ago that i vaguely remember.
can't we just hate on acura/honda?
Then you must not have read much of my posts.

I already praised the interior of the new FX, as well as the engine offerings and the 7 Speed.

Can I not have an opinion? The exterior of the FX looks horrible, the 1st gen FX having a MUCH better exterior IMO. If this was a Lexus I would be bashing this all day. The centre dash/console looks exactly the same as the EX and G. I'm praising Infiniti but at the same time there are some things I don't like about the new FX. Once again, big praise that they are offering a brand-new V8 and 7 Speed.

I've never been a big Nissan fan, but lately I've been growing to like Nissan more and more, despite the criticisms I may have of them. I must give credit to Nissan for all the innovation and hard work they've put into their vehicles over the past few years. They have improved a great deal and have done much more IMHO than Honda has in the past few years. I also feel that Nissan's VQ is superior to Honda's J-Series. Let's not get started on Honda's lack of RWD or V8 engines. Nissan has firm plans with the Infiniti brand to go global and that is great to see.

I absolutely love the GT-R as an overall package. I feel it's a much better vehicle than the Corvette, which I've never been a big fan of.

My main criticism with Nissan is that I simply don't like the styling of most of their models, and that is of course my opinion. Other people seem to like Nissan's styling a lot.

Back on topic ...

If the new FX had a different exterior without all the excessive creases, bulges, and without the fender vents then IMHO Infiniti would have had an absolute winner. Despite the styling criticism the new FX seems like a great vehicle overall. I would probably buy this over an Acura MDX.
Old 03-05-08, 06:42 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9u6MtIApM
Old 03-07-08, 08:36 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

Old 03-22-08, 09:29 PM
Cajun_Mike
Driver School Candidate

I'm about to drop a deposit on the new FX50, I'm wondering if Lexus ever plans to compete in this segment. The HPX concept was shown four or five years ago. Edmunds says there will be a 2010 JX that's basically going to be that HPX.... is it ever going to happen? I love everything about the new FX but that front grill.... going to take some getting used too. I just wish there was more competition in that segment. Not much to choose from in midsized CUV's with luxury and performance.... and I dont want 7 seats.
Old 03-23-08, 05:43 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
That really looks bad...

LMAO...that's funny.

Unique I'll give it that, but that doesn't make it pretty. What were they thinkin with that goofy *** grille?
Old 03-23-08, 06:46 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike
I'm about to drop a deposit on the new FX50, I'm wondering if Lexus ever plans to compete in this segment. The HPX concept was shown four or five years ago. Edmunds says there will be a 2010 JX that's basically going to be that HPX.... is it ever going to happen? I love everything about the new FX but that front grill.... going to take some getting used too. I just wish there was more competition in that segment. Not much to choose from in midsized CUV's with luxury and performance.... and I dont want 7 seats.
There have been rumors for sometime of a GS based SUV/CUV for sometime but I don't think its coming. They will debut a hybrid vehicle next year which will be a CUV/Crossover thing. Engineering is going into more hybrids, expanding the "F" brand and focusing on the LF-A.

It just doesn't make sense for Lexus really. Limited space/utility. Dismal MPG with climbing fuel prices and Lexus vehicles are always near tops with MPG. I guess the pros are its sporty but most don't drive them at 9/10ths, so its more for image of not buying the status quo.

With the X5 getting big, competition would be the Cayenne and Cayenne S and X6. There just isn't a large market for these vehicles. Looking at sales figures for them, they sell well the first year and drop like flies. Porsche didn't even make a 2007 Cayenne.

The Last FX sold WORSE after the refresh it received.