Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

some bullcrap

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-08 | 05:52 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Default ehh

problem solvedd, neighbor said sorry for acting like a jerk for overreacting over something silly, about the sprinkle of water i accidently spray on his truck .

Last edited by AYEmike; 01-27-08 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-26-08 | 06:45 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

I don't think its the best idea to pick a fight with your neighbor especially over something so silly. Yes, they probably shouldn't have over reacted over a bit of water on their car, but it still is your fault for getting their car wet, pick up truck or not.

Maybe you should have just offered to wipe their car dry.. would take all of a couple minutes, and problem is solved.
Old 01-26-08 | 07:10 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by milky
I don't think its the best idea to pick a fight with your neighbor especially over something so silly. Yes, they probably shouldn't have over reacted over a bit of water on their car, but it still is your fault for getting their car wet, pick up truck or not.

Maybe you should have just offered to wipe their car dry.. would take all of a couple minutes, and problem is solved.
Yes, Milky. That would be the best course of action. You initially did make an infraction by violating their property rights, however minor spraying some water can be. They did react irrationally, but you have to understand that they reacted to an action you first made. I'd recommend trying to smooth things out before things get out of hand.
Old 01-26-08 | 07:22 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by milky

Originally Posted by kenkaniff
Yes, Milky. That would be the best course of action. You initially did make an infraction by violating their property rights, however minor spraying some water can be. They did react irrationally, but you have to understand that they reacted to an action you first made. I'd recommend trying to smooth things out before things get out of hand.
... guys, it was water.

Offering to dry their car would have been pointless because it was raining.

Violating their property rights? Come on guys, it was WATER and it was by accident. The neighbor's going to throw a fit at the clouds too because it started raining?.....

I agree that having bad relations with your neighbor may not be the best thing to have but if my neighbors did the same thing to me, I'd react just as you did.

Throwing a fit at the stupidest things seem to be a growing trend in american society and suing for the most idiotic reasons seems to be following suit. This is just another example of an irrational person who has got their panties in a bunch.
Old 01-26-08 | 07:25 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
... guys, it was water.

Offering to dry their car would have been pointless because it was raining.

Violating their property rights? Come on guys, it was WATER and it was by accident. The neighbor's going to throw a fit at the clouds too because it started raining?.....

I agree that having bad relations with your neighbor may not be the best thing to have but if my neighbors did the same thing to me, I'd react just as you did.

Throwing a fit at the stupidest things seem to be a growing trend in american society and suing for the most idiotic reasons seems to be following suit. This is just another example of an irrational person who has got their panties in a bunch.
for sure bro .
Old 01-26-08 | 07:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fuzionn
in my mind at that point was " WTF ITS A PICK UP TRUCK WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE CLEAN !? "
It's not a GS300, but some people see their pickups as just as meaningful to them.

and the dumbest part was, after i washed my gs it started raining and they came over and said i got their car dirty and i told them " its raining right now, have some sense b*tch, why does it matter. " i didnt mean to spray their grille with clean water ... stupid HUH ?!

i ended up closing the door on them, now im thinking they're going to get my gs dirty.
It was just water but maybe you've heard of water spots? I know it was raining so it's probably no big deal, but regardless, I think you handled it all wrong. You should have just said 'sorry about that, it was an accident, what would you like me to do?' With the way you handled it, they may 'accidentally' key your car some time.
Old 01-26-08 | 07:35 PM
drew69
Driver School Candidate

you **** that and thier truck, like thier just tryin to pick a fight ur right its bull **** **** thier truck they should be lucky thier getting water on thier **** from a lex if thier ****in wit u for that petty **** **** them
Old 01-26-08 | 07:43 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drew69
you **** that and thier truck, like thier just tryin to pick a fight ur right its bull **** **** thier truck they should be lucky thier getting water on thier **** from a lex if thier ****in wit u for that petty **** **** them
Old 01-26-08 | 07:48 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

...o_O ?
Old 01-26-08 | 07:50 PM
kit cat

wow, i've never seen a response be so sensored.

i think you should have just apologized. But since what's done is done, the best thing to do is probably just walk over there, tell them you over reacted and apologize
Old 01-26-08 | 07:54 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
wow, i've never seen a response be so sensored.

i think you should have just apologized. But since what's done is done, the best thing to do is probably just walk over there, tell them you over reacted and apologize
i wasnt the one overeacting lol, i was the one that said k sorry, yet they still threw a fit and started a fight.
Old 01-26-08 | 08:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

i wasnt the one overeacting lol, i was the one that said k sorry, yet they still threw a fit and started a fight.
Uh, no you said you called them a foul name and closed the door in their face.

and i told them " its raining right now, have some sense b*tch, why does it matter. " i didnt mean to spray their grille with clean water ... stupid HUH ?!

i ended up closing the door on them, now im thinking they're going to get my gs dirty.
My opinion you have made enemies out of your neighbor and should apologize... Doesn't matter what they drive , you should respect their property. What if your GS was clean and they were washing their vehicle and got spots all over your ride? You'd be PO'd right?
Old 01-26-08 | 08:16 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Uh, no you said you called them a foul name and closed the door in their face.

My opinion you have made enemies out of your neighbor and should apologize... Doesn't matter what they drive , you should respect their property. What if your GS was clean and they were washing their vehicle and got spots all over your ride? You'd be PO'd right?
i didnt get it all over their car, only the grille

its not my fault it was an accident, they parked their car closed to mine
and since i live in an apt complex the hose is behind the complex itself, where the cars park and they park their car near the hose so there was no way for me to wash my car WITHOUT getting their car little wet.
Old 01-26-08 | 08:32 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Maybe this wasnt the first time you got their truck wet!!

Maybe you wash your car so much, that you always get it wet..

They maybe just got fed up with it this time.

just a thought.

Or maybe their pissed because he or she was trying to take a shower, and you were using all the water pressure!!LOL
Old 01-26-08 | 08:45 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Squash the beef either way, for the sake of your GS!

Buy them a six pack asap and apologize. Like Bit said, you dont want to wake up in the morning to see your car "accidentially" keyed or worse.

Quick Reply: some bullcrap