Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Which one is the fake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 07:47 PM
Jakex1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r00kie
No kidding...if he could afford 100K, I'm sure he could have saved up and get the real thing.
extra 200k i dont think it would be THAT reasonable. But if anything ofcourse on the road noone would pick it off as a fake. but deep in your heard you know its a fake. If anything go for a NSX
Old 01-30-08, 08:09 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jakex1
extra 200k i dont think it would be THAT reasonable. But if anything ofcourse on the road noone would pick it off as a fake. but deep in your heard you know its a fake. If anything go for a NSX
You're right...I was probably thinking about the Gallardo.
Old 01-30-08, 08:19 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vince1128
the thing with them is that most people who recognize what type of car it is also recognizes its a fake. and id feel like a tool
This is not true at all, the Diablo is my favorite car of all time and I would have a hard time recognizing this was a fake if I saw it for a few seconds on the street. And even people who know nothing about cars know that it looks expensive and rare if they see one

There is one, and ONLY one reason to drive a car like this: You can pull an incredible amount of girls if you had one of these things. Based on the number of girls I've pulled in my Corvette, if I had one of these Lambo replicas, my game would be on a whole 'nother level
Old 01-30-08, 10:10 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Definitely a great replica.... I needed a few seconds to figure out which one is real and which is fake. I came to the conclusion that the second one is fake due to the hood and door gaps and that last picture looked a little strange.... maybe it was the roofline. I don't know.
Old 01-31-08, 01:41 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

thats a good replica
but how the fog lights are installed is a bit of a giveaway
not that obvious though

also i noticed the air vents in the interior of the replica is not very functional?
and u can tell from the different seats too

also brake rotor hub looks different

but ud really have to be a real lambo know-it-all to figure a lot of these out if u just see this on the road without it being beside a real one

i would not rock this though
Old 01-31-08, 06:34 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Weppa!!

Originally Posted by Stage3
Nope... PR is governed by the USDOT. So, it would have still needed to meet with USDOT requirements.

As for the actual replica... I'm not a fan of them because it's like lying to yourself... but, I will agree that it's a damn good one!

If a Puerto Rican built this, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 2JZ or some Toyota Powerplant under the bonnet... We Puerto Ricans LOVE our Toyotas...
Aqui representando a Salinas, Puerto Rico !!