Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti EX35

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 07:38 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lennox
We did look at the RDX, but it felt kind of cheap on the inside and I wasn't big on the 4cylinder turbo thing. (I used to have a TSX and I'd take that over the RDX just my opinion!). Plus my partner is a technogeek and loves the gadgets!
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new toy when it comes in.

Re: the RDX interior, I do agree with you. It has certainly grown on me, but you can quickly tell that Acura didn't use their absolute best materials inside the RDX.

Re: the engine and gadgets, though, I wil disagree. That turbo-4 is a powerful beast, and I find it hard to believe that any new car can have much more in the way of useful gadgets and features. I'm not trying to convince you, but just want to throw that out there for future thread readers who may be comparing the same two vehicles!

Again, congrats and keep us posted on the status of your order...
Old 02-22-08, 09:05 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Iceman
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new toy when it comes in.

Re: the RDX interior, I do agree with you. It has certainly grown on me, but you can quickly tell that Acura didn't use their absolute best materials inside the RDX.

Re: the engine and gadgets, though, I wil disagree. That turbo-4 is a powerful beast, and I find it hard to believe that any new car can have much more in the way of useful gadgets and features. I'm not trying to convince you, but just want to throw that out there for future thread readers who may be comparing the same two vehicles!

Again, congrats and keep us posted on the status of your order...
all around view camera?
that thing alone blows away anything and everything the rdx has.
Old 02-23-08, 12:39 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shyguy16
all around view camera?
that thing alone blows away anything and everything the rdx has.
To each their own, I suppose. I could just as easily say something silly like "The integrated Zagat ratings in the RDX nav blow away anything the EX has." If a single feature is that important to a consumer, then their choice of vehicle becomes pretty easy!
Old 03-17-08, 09:16 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lennox
wow! i've been reading through some of the comments since i first posted this and the reviews seem to be mixed.

anyway, we now have one on order:
-RWD
-moonlight white; stone interior,
-tech pkg
-premium pkg
-luxe pkg
-navigation pkg

We spent about 3 hrs at the dealership test driving a couple and looking at colors. We finally decided on one, but they didn't want to give us what we wanted for the MDX. So, we left and got the MDX appraised at CarMax for $2K more than the dealership.

But when we finally heard from the dealer again the one we wanted was sold! So, we reserved one that's due to be here mid-March. So, we'll have to be patient until then. We're both very excited for it!

I'm super excited because now not only do I have my very favorite Is to drive, but now I can play with a new toy! And I know some people think it's a little overpriced, but I agree with you guys posted on here that it's definitely a luxurious interior and a beautiful vehicle. We did look at the RDX, but it felt kind of cheap on the inside and I wasn't big on the 4cylinder turbo thing. (I used to have a TSX and I'd take that over the RDX just my opinion!). Plus my partner is a technogeek and loves the gadgets!
There is a pretty fat incentive on the EX now from what I read elsewhere, make sure you have that in play when you go to pick this thing up. Don't leave money on the table.